2010 in Film - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Zoo Station
Click Here to Login

Old 01-04-2010, 06:31 AM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobl04 View Post
precisely why i'll be seeing it. even if 1 was better than 2.
Same here

But it could go the other way and they could just be flogging it to death, like what they did with Shrek...the movies where fine it's the little spin off tv shows that kills it.

Old 01-04-2010, 06:37 AM   #17
45:33

Local Time: 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoobaby14 View Post
Same here

But it could go the other way and they could just be flogging it to death, like what they did with Shrek...the movies where fine it's the little spin off tv shows that kills it.
toy story and david bowie... you have mighty fine taste

Old 01-04-2010, 09:39 AM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:57 AM
I'm interested in The Fighter w/Amy Adams, Mark Wahlberg, and Christian Bale because it was filmed partially in my town (if the scene makes it in) and the next town over. Unfortunately I never saw any of the filming or the actors.

Also the Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz movie Knight and Day, which was filmed locally. I've already seen a trailer for it in a theater-hopefully it's not a stinker.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:48 AM   #19
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
Love your list LMP, one note though, it's Ben Affleck who's starring in his own movie The Town this time, Casey's not in this one.

And yeah, Toy Story 3 wins the box office battle of the year. Look how Up did as an original film ($700m worldwide and counting), a 15 year franchise with mutli-generational love, a new untapped generation, and 10 years of anticipation? Throw in a start-of-summer-vacation release date, a digital 3D and IMAX 3D release, you have yourself a perfect box office storm.
Oh, you're right. Got my hopes up then.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:38 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I'm interested in The Fighter w/Amy Adams, Mark Wahlberg, and Christian Bale because it was filmed partially in my town (if the scene makes it in) and the next town over. Unfortunately I never saw any of the filming or the actors.

Also the Tom Cruise/Cameron Diaz movie Knight and Day, which was filmed locally. I've already seen a trailer for it in a theater-hopefully it's not a stinker.
Same, although I'm quite disappointed Darren Aronofsky dropped out of directing The Fighter, David O. Russell is a cool filmmaker but this doesn't seem to be his type.
Old 01-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #21
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post
Same, although I'm quite disappointed Darren Aronofsky dropped out of directing The Fighter, David O. Russell is a cool filmmaker but this doesn't seem to be his type.
I think at this point he'd be lucky to finish a film. Also, I can't wait for the Russell/Bale fight tape, holy shit.

If that guy can make Lily Tomlin sound like a raging bitch, imagine what'll happen with Bale? Make sure Kanye's on set that day and we'll have 2009 Quote Meme day.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:11 PM   #22
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:57 PM
We have some potential Tuccirape material this year:

In Production

Cat Tale (2010) (in production) (voice) .... Simon
Hectic (2010) (pre-production) .... Gary Goldfarb
Burlesque (2010) (post-production)
Easy A (2010) (post-production) .... Dill Penderghast
Old 01-04-2010, 01:52 PM   #23
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazarus View Post
Shutter Island last on your list, Lance? That's weak as shit, especially when you have a Shamalamadingdong film above it. But I'll forgive you because you had Enter the Void and the Resnais up so high. I'm dying to see those.
Well, Scorsese's flick looks "weak as shit" so I guess it's fitting.

Also, I guess I'm a cold-hearted bastard who never found very much to like about either Toy Story movie to begin with.
Old 01-04-2010, 05:21 PM   #24
Blue Crack Supplier

I think you're going to be proven very wrong about Shutter Island. Everyone who has seen it has had good things to say about it, and you're in a minority of people who weren't intrigued by the trailer.

Regardless, still no excuse for putting M. Night higher. That guy is a fucking charlatan.

Also, Toy Story 2 > Toy Story.
Old 01-04-2010, 06:04 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I thought that both Toy Story movies were soulless and boring, but I know that I'm in a frighteningly small minority. I think that the trailer for the third film looked really touching, though, so I'm definitely curious.

I saw a much better trailer for what looks to be a far more entertaining animated film, though, before M. Hulot's Holiday, last week, and THIS is a film to be released (at least in Chicago) in 2010 for which I CANNOT wait:

YouTube - A TOWN CALLED PANIC [US trailer]
Old 01-04-2010, 06:09 PM   #26
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:57 AM
Nobody else is looking forward to Wolfman? I think it will either be really good or really shit. I'm hoping for the former
Old 01-04-2010, 07:32 PM   #27
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 11:57 PM
I read the script to Shutter Island. It was depressing but still interesting. The ending was a mind *^%$.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:01 PM   #28
Blue Crack Addict

If Shutter Island were directed by anyone other than Scorsese I'd seriously be actively staying away from it given everything I know and have seen about it, reviews aside. I think trailers look like shit, I have no faith in the screenwriter, and if the other recent Dennis Lehane film adaptations are any indication of his storytelling in general... yeah, well, no thanks. But that said, it is Scorsese, and he never really disappoints, so that's why it's on the list at all.

As for Shyamalan, the dude's a master craftsman, whatever anyone says. He's a fantastic filmmaker... just a horrible writer and storyteller. Not to mention Avatar: The Last Airbender being one of the most impressive pieces of animated storytelling I've ever experienced, I'd be in anticipation of this film regardless of who's making it.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:08 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jive Turkey View Post
Nobody else is looking forward to Wolfman? I think it will either be really good or really shit. I'm hoping for the former
I am looking forward to it, too. Then again, I'm also looking forward to Clash of the Titans.
Old 01-04-2010, 08:18 PM   #30
Blue Crack Addict

Wow. Delayed double post. I'll take it to say that I'm looking forward to a lot of the other movies mentioned as well, especially Inception and Iron Man 2

Tags
2010, coens, cronenberg, film, inception, movies, nolan, scorsese