2009 VMAs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So, is it just me, or does Eminem seem a lot more chilled than he was at the height of his career nearly a decade ago?

yeah,

I always kind of respected him, over all. I think his work was/ is interesting.

I think after his song made fun of everyone else, he thought he might get punked or something, especially from that drag queen, Ga Ga

Alright. I just watched the video and did a little research on the intarweb. Not a big deal. Kanye is just a fucking idiot. We knew that already.

The cool thing is that more people are now on Team Swift. She'll get a lot of good pub for handling the thing with cuteness and class and, even though she doesn't need it (Fearless was the best pop album of last year and spent more weeks at #1 than any album this decade), this will only help her skyrocketing career.

And Beyonce let her come out on stage at the end of the night to finish her speech. :up:

YouTube - Beyonce wins Video of the Year award and lets Taylor Swift gives her acceptance speech

Why don't you take some advice from your sig and forgive Kanye.

this cat has used up his nine lives,

anyone that is trying to paint this as a planned joke or skit
is just in denial, they got too much Kanye love
to think rationally

the guy should be barred from awards shows

when he writes the word RESPECT in his tweets, what bullshit

he has no RESPECT for anyone, he is all wrapped up in himself

How rude is this to the other 3 nominees, all 5 are supposed to have a shot to win
and to just completely dismiss the other 3 like they are dog shit to be stepped over, shows what a jerk- off bag he is.

So, is it just me, or does Eminem seem a lot more chilled than he was at the height of his career nearly a decade ago?

I've noticed that too. I'm a huge fan, and I still loved his music even when he was a douche. But last night especially he seemed much more humble and at peace with himself than he was back in the Slim Shady days. I think he was afraid to let go of that image for awhile because of what it might do his credibility or whatnot, but he's putting out amazing music even now. His most recent album may not be his best, but it's still excellent. "Beautiful" is one of the best songs he's ever done, and one of the top songs of the year, period.

It was BoMac, by the way. He was the man on the internet that was wrong. But he was probably just playing devil's advocate.

It's a dick move on Kanye's part, but his career has pretty much been filled with one dick move after another. For me it's one of the only times that I've had to celebrate the person from the art. I love Kanye's music, but I can't stand the man.

Kanye and me, we're done professionally.

(Heyoooooooh! Did you see what I did there? I made a topical/pop-culture meme joke.)

Kelly Clarkson:

Dear Kanye,

What happened to you as a child?? Did you not get hugged enough?? Something must have happened to make you this way and I think we’re all just curious as to what would make a grown man go on national television and make a talented artist, let alone teenager, feel like shit. I mean, I’ve seen you do some pretty shitty things, but you just keep amazing me with your tactless, asshole ways. It’s absolutely fascinating how much I don’t like you. I like everyone. I even like my asshole ex that cheated on me over you…which is pretty odd since I don’t even personally know you. The best part of this evening is that you weren’t even up for THIS award and yet you still have a problem with the outcome. Is winning a moon man that much of a life goal?? You can have mine if it will shut you up. Is it that important, really??

I was actually nominated in the same category that Taylor won and I was excited for her…so why can’t you be?? I’m not even mad at you for being an asshole…I just pity you because you’re a sad human being.

On a side note, Beyonce has always been a class act and proved again tonight that she still is. Go TEXAS!!

Taylor Swift, you outsell him ….that’s why he’s bitter. You know I love your work! Keep it up girl!

KC :)

Pink:

Kanye west is the biggest piece of shit on earth. Quote me.

Katy Perry:

FUCK U KANYE. IT'S LIKE U STEPPED 0N A KITTEN.

John Mayer:

Big love to my girl @taylorswift13. A class act.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, GAF. Did you know my home is about 45 minutes from T-Swift's hometown? I'll bet you didn't.

And by "I'll be you didn't," I mean I'll bet you didn't know where I lived. I'm quite sure you know where T-Swift is from.

Hey, GAF. Did you know my home is about 45 minutes from T-Swift's hometown? I'll bet you didn't.

I'm reminded of a Mark Twain quote - "Everyone lives 45 minutes from someone's hometown."

Nice. I've never heard of that one.

It's an interesting little site. Simultaneously dumb and funny. Not dissimilar to my existence, actually.

Did anyone pay attention to who Gaga thanked in her acceptance speech for Best New Artist? Jimmy Iovine. She is on a record label here in the US called Cherrytree, part of Interscope. Unfortunately for me, I know way to much about Gaga. :huh:

And Kayne is a jerk.

I saw that live... (I wanted to see the MJ tribute).... And it looked like Taylor Swift was about to cry... It really broke my heart to see that... And I was so livid with Kanye West....
But Taylor Swift was so professional because she performed only minutes later, and did a great performance...

:up: to TS..

:madspit: at Kanye...

First, it was Chris Brown who committed career suicide..

Now, it's Kanye's turn...

GaGa - I quite like her as a performer, or perhaps even performance artist, but the music doesn’t match – it’s just very ordinary. It would be great if she was all of ‘this’ but also something truly new/unique musically, even if it’s still pop. But the music is... dull. Poker Face and Just Dance are fun enough and catchy enough (Paparazzi is just… awful), but they’re a long, long way from special or interesting. Very generic, which doesn't match the image or performances, leaves her pulling up short.

GaGa is unremarkable, and the single paparazzi
what is she trying to say.

GaGa obviously loves the lime light, she does everything she can do to draw attention to herself

I have only seen her twice, one on AI? I think
and last night

each time, all I see is full on drag queen.

Ok, I just watched the paparazzi vid on youtube
that is a man.

sure, she pulls it off better than Rupaul,

GaGa is unremarkable, and the single paparazzi
what is she trying to say.

GaGa obviously loves the lime light, she does everything she can do to draw attention to herself

I have only seen her twice, one on AI? I think
and last night

each time, all I see is full on drag queen.

Ok, I just watched the paparazzi vid on youtube
that is a man.

sure, she pulls it off better than Rupaul,

:lol::lol: The thing is, when I have heard her singing, just her and a piano, I liked her voice. I guess it is nearly impossible to get noticed on talent alone in the music biz, hence the stupid performance "art" she peddles.

Back
Top Bottom