Woman Booted Off Flight Over T Shirt - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-08-2005, 06:30 PM   #46
Jesus Online

Local Time: 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by zoney!

What the hell is a jumper?

No...think of it this way...PUT THE SWEATHSIRT ON...how is it going to slip? And if it slips DOWN, wouldn't cover the shirt?

I cannot stand when people make comments like "airlines shouldn't deny people because the airline is not doing well right now."

What people do not realize is that if an airline ends up closing its doors...the flying public will suffer!
I spent half my life thinking 'what the hell is a sweater?' so now it's your turn!

and keep your bra on, jeff. i agree with you on this, overall. when it states she put it over her shirt, it doesn't imply she put her arms through and actually wore it. i was under the impression she'd lain it over her t-shirt to hide the words that were offending. i thought you'd thought that too, but you have been arguing this for so long that i now understand you were thinking she'd dressed herself in it which she hadn't, hence it sliding off and revealing the words once more.

Old 10-08-2005, 10:43 PM   #47
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 12:57 PM
People in the US have it way too good. If what someone else's t-shirt says bothers you it's because you're looking for it to bother you. Grow up.

Old 10-08-2005, 11:23 PM   #48
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem

I spent half my life thinking 'what the hell is a sweater?' so now it's your turn!

and keep your bra on, jeff. i agree with you on this, overall. when it states she put it over her shirt, it doesn't imply she put her arms through and actually wore it. i was under the impression she'd lain it over her t-shirt to hide the words that were offending. i thought you'd thought that too, but you have been arguing this for so long that i now understand you were thinking she'd dressed herself in it which she hadn't, hence it sliding off and revealing the words once more.

we have so much fun arguing the same point.

Old 10-09-2005, 10:22 PM   #49
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 10:57 AM
I think the shirt is brilliant myself. I disagree with the "F" word being in a public place where children could see it. I don't understand why she didn't put FOKKERS instead of the "F" word on the shirt, would have been the same basic message. But, ummm yeah....what happened to free speech?
Old 10-10-2005, 12:55 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 01:57 PM
....... I can think of a much better reason for getting booted out of an air plane..........

...... oh well.....
Old 10-10-2005, 06:04 AM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 04:57 AM
Well... clearly she shouldn't have been booted off the flight over a goddamn tshirt. but you all knew that already, right? It's just a venue for the freaking culture wars.

How many of you would be complaining (how many airlines would be complaining) if this was 1998 and the shirt said impeach Klinton? Like that old history means anything these days.

I nearly had a heart attack when I opened this thread. thats how much the word fuck offends me (although just between you and me, I often use it up to ten times between waking up and my first cup of tea each morning).