What are your thoughts on plastic surgery? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 01-10-2002, 02:41 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 11:37 PM
Originally posted by Peaseblossom:
There are definately things I'd like to change about my body if I had the money, and wasn't afraid of pain... and I've seen plastic surgery work out really well. A friend in high school got a nose job (so slight, no one could tell the difference), and it made her much more confident. However, another girl I knew was given a choice by her parents: They'd pay for her first two years of college, or get her the boob job she'd always wanted. Guess which she picked. She works at Hooters now. I think that's unhealthy.
Wow, I didn't know you needed a college education to work at Hooters.

Old 01-10-2002, 07:00 AM   #17
Local Time: 03:37 AM
If its to rebuild a part of the body that was fucked-up because of an accident, or in the case of an operation (the kind of operation when they open your belly to play with your stomach), then I don't mind, but if its for the f***** fashion, or to have bigger breasts (I like it natural, not with plastic... I would be the first to make the kid-trick to walk on the beaches with a magnifying glass y'know), then its a complete waiste of time for blond people.

United Nations : www.un.org - UNICEF (United Nations Children's Fund) : www.unicef.org
UNESCO (United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization) : www.unesco.org

Ejército Zapatista de Liberación Nacional (EZLN) : www.ezln.org
"The one who governs with weapons is surely poor in ideas" - Marcos

Solidarités : <A HREF="http://www.solidarites.org

Parti" TARGET=_blank>www.solidarites.org

Parti</A> pour une Alternative Progressiste : www.parti-rap.org

Old 01-10-2002, 07:40 AM   #18
The Fly
Local Time: 03:37 AM
my friend is about to have her breasts reduced,they are huge she gets picked on and she get bad back aches.
everybody has the right to be happy,i know you should love youself for the way you are but their is alot of social pressure to look good.the sad thing is (according to a survey) you are more likely to get a good job the prettier you are!!!!
the thing that worries me is once you have had something done people ofton go on to have more done and it can becom addictive,
as for god i like to think he loves you the way you are!

a vampire or a victim it depends on whos around
merry christmas-have a good one!!!!!!!
Dont let the Bastards grind you down
Old 01-10-2002, 04:00 PM   #19
New Yorker
Local Time: 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Holy John:
then its a complete waiste of time for blond people.

I hate the blonde stereotype. I could say quite a bit about this statement but I wont...

I don't know why I even bother posting to touchy subjects

Old 01-10-2002, 06:28 PM   #20
Local Time: 10:37 PM
I think plastic surgery, if used in moderation, is good for one's self esteem.If it's for the right reason, then that's great. I considered it once (but forgot about it), and I can understand why some people go under the knife.

Holy John, what did you mean by your last statement?

Naya&lt;---Blond and tired of the "blonde women are dumb" stereotype.
Old 01-11-2002, 01:49 AM   #21
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
Local Time: 10:37 PM
Originally posted by ocu2fan:
I couldn't find any pictures where I could see Ms. Case's ears, then again I didn't look hard at all, but from the pictures I did see, I could tell that she is stunning! Perhaps there is hope for me yet!
don't worry...i've come to notice sharon case wears her hair down when she's not filming an episode, however i suppose the writers want her to pull her hair up cuz i've been watching the show since spring '95 and i've never once not seen her ears. try watching an episode for about five or so minutes, she's got a thick plot going on right now so they're showing her a lot...and you'll see them! that is, if you're desperate to see this chick's huge ears.
but anyway, yeah she is really pretty, i just feel bad for her...use some of that soap money to get surgey, you know? lol

when you stop taking chances, you'll stay where you sit. you won't live any longer, but it'll feel like it.
Old 01-11-2002, 02:20 AM   #22
Local Time: 04:37 AM
Will Smith has funny Dumbo ears too. It was even mentioned in Independence Day. I thought that was cute.