US Presidential Election XII - Page 31 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2016, 05:56 PM   #451
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:28 PM
So, you have no problem with the line about rape survivors saying "you have right to be believed" being deleted from the Hillary Clinton site after Juanita Broadrick made some public comments? Because that's exactly the sort of shit I'm talking about.

Personally, I'm not pro-rape, but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:09 PM   #452
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMacPhisto View Post
So, you have no problem with the line about rape survivors saying "you have right to be believed" being deleted from the Hillary Clinton site after Juanita Broadrick made some public comments? Because that's exactly the sort of shit I'm talking about.

Personally, I'm not pro-rape, but everyone is entitled to their own beliefs.

Please explain how this accusation has anything to do with our current discussion?!

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Old 08-18-2016, 06:29 PM   #453
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Do you think Juanita Broaddrick has the right to be believed?

What is your opinion on Hillary Clinton's campaign deleting that phrase from their website because of Juanita Broaddrick?

Personally, I think all rape survivors should be believed, but that's just me.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:34 PM   #454
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

What is your opinion on Hillary Clinton's campaign deleting that phrase from their website because of Juanita Broaddrick?

I would have to find out more of the story. I'm just trying to find out what it has to do about her lying facade marriage.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:36 PM   #455
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

So, changing your opinion regarding rape survivors and their right to be believed because one of them says your husband raped her is just alright?

That's exactly the sort of crap I'm talking about. Discrediting an alleged rape victim of her story. That's pro-rape.

What's your stance here? Doesn't matter about what happened to Broaddrick or not. Do you think all rape victims should be believed or are you with Hillary?

Do we even have to get in to Gennifer Flowers who Clinton admitted having sex with publicly saying that Hillary Clinton knows about and enables his affairs? What's your opinion on having our next President of the United States pretend in 1998 in front of the entire country that she's shocked by her husband's infidelities? Because that's a political figure publicly lying.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:58 PM   #456
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

Personally, I think all rape survivors should be believed, but that's just me.
Old 08-18-2016, 06:59 PM   #457
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

This might be the highlight of the year's horse-race:

Trump spokeswoman diagnoses Hillary Clinton with 'dysphasia' despite not being doctor
Old 08-18-2016, 07:53 PM   #458
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 06:28 PM
It could have been removed because she's self-aware enough to realize the irony of saying that while there are women who have accused her husband of rape.

It's possible for a woman to believe that ... but when faced with a situation that's close to home, it can be difficult to marry that belief with the personal.

You are so hell-bent on wanting us Hillary supporters to admit she has faults, or admit she's wrong about something - I assume that's what you want with all of this? Because I'm pretty sure we've all done that along the line.

But you know what? Not everything needs to have a black-and-white/right-or-wrong end game. You don't want to vote for Hillary because x, y and z? Great. Not everyone feels that way, and it doesn't mean we lack moral conviction, it means that not everything has to be absolute.

I struggled wording that the way I mean it, and I'm sure it's not going to come across as intended, but whatever.

Aren't you tired of trying so very hard to make us see the glorious evil that is Hilary Clinton? Jesus. Go read a book or something.
Old 08-18-2016, 07:58 PM   #459
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:28 PM
great, now we've got people in here strongly implying other posters are "pro-rape" as a debating tactic. isn't that fun.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:11 PM   #460
She's the One

Smart people are talking about it.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:12 PM   #461
She's the One

Cori,
Excellent post.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:27 PM   #462
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
great, now we've got people in here strongly implying other posters are "pro-rape" as a debating tactic. isn't that fun.
Seriously. What the hell is with this conversation?

I will echo martha. Great post, Cori.
Old 08-18-2016, 08:40 PM   #463
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally Posted by corianderstem View Post
It could have been removed because she's self-aware enough to realize the irony of saying that while there are women who have accused her husband of rape.

It's possible for a woman to believe that ... but when faced with a situation that's close to home, it can be difficult to marry that belief with the personal.

You are so hell-bent on wanting us Hillary supporters to admit she has faults, or admit she's wrong about something - I assume that's what you want with all of this? Because I'm pretty sure we've all done that along the line.

But you know what? Not everything needs to have a black-and-white/right-or-wrong end game. You don't want to vote for Hillary because x, y and z? Great. Not everyone feels that way, and it doesn't mean we lack moral conviction, it means that not everything has to be absolute.

I struggled wording that the way I mean it, and I'm sure it's not going to come across as intended, but whatever.

Aren't you tired of trying so very hard to make us see the glorious evil that is Hilary Clinton? Jesus. Go read a book or something.
While I don't agree with the tone in which BMP is trying to make this point, I think the basic premise stands: people are contorting to give Hillary the benefit of the doubt on pretty much every single criticism that comes her way, usually trying to brush it aside as misogyny, yet assuming the absolute worst of Bernie and his supporters.

If people don't like Bernie and his supporters, fine, but the claim that things have been even-handed in here in terms of Hillary and Bernie is not even remotely grounded in reality.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:10 PM   #464
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
So, changing your opinion regarding rape survivors and their right to be believed because one of them says your husband raped her is just alright?

That's exactly the sort of crap I'm talking about. Discrediting an alleged rape victim of her story. That's pro-rape.

What's your stance here? Doesn't matter about what happened to Broaddrick or not. Do you think all rape victims should be believed or are you with Hillary?

Do we even have to get in to Gennifer Flowers who Clinton admitted having sex with publicly saying that Hillary Clinton knows about and enables his affairs? What's your opinion on having our next President of the United States pretend in 1998 in front of the entire country that she's shocked by her husband's infidelities? Because that's a political figure publicly lying.

Non-sequiturs, strawmen, accusations...

Learn how to debate like an adult.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:20 PM   #465
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:28 PM
I sometimes wish that the US were like France and didn't expect its leaders to be monogamous or care when they had affairs.

Related: http://www.economist.com/news/leader...maison-blanche