US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-24-2019, 03:05 PM   #136
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,615
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
There's talk of the shutdown going into March.

Pence has something for Venezuela, so keep an eye on that situation. Trump floated an invasion a year ago.

WH has been asking Pentagon for draft summaries of outcomes and cost of going to war with Iran, which has made those in the Pentagon nervous.

I feel like this shutdown is more about purging out the good apples, and then allowing the bad ones to slowly take over. Privatize the government. Privatize the military (Erik Pence is a name to watch for).

Democrats need to grow a spine and subpoena his tax returns, and start the impeachment process.

Mueller is taking too long and there's no promise he'll even recommend charges. I don't get what's stopping him from indicting Stone, Kush, Jnr.....and Trump himself. They all are openly violating the law and nothing gets done.

Purging the FBI and stacking the DOJ with Trump supporters is one reason I guess.
It's hard to end an investigation when the crimes never stop.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 03:32 PM   #137
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Irvine511's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 31,665
Local Time: 09:27 AM
US Politics XII: shutting down Interference until @U2 agrees to pay for a firewall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headache in a Suitcase View Post
It's hard to end an investigation when the crimes never stop.


Could this be the plan? A stalling tactic designed to push to 2020? I mean, they’re outright threatening witnesses on CNN.
__________________

Irvine511 is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 04:26 PM   #138
Blue Crack Addict
 
MrsSpringsteen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 25,950
Local Time: 09:27 AM
What a surprise, he's on live now talking about another caravan again. Drugs pouring in, women duct taped in tne backs of vans. Tremendous crime, tremendous drugs. He actually just said he blames himself because the economy is so great and that's why everyone wants to come here. The narcissism never stops.

He loves and respects the federal workers.
MrsSpringsteen is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 04:35 PM   #139
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 19,625
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
There's talk of the shutdown going into March.

Pence has something for Venezuela, so keep an eye on that situation. Trump floated an invasion a year ago.

WH has been asking Pentagon for draft summaries of outcomes and cost of going to war with Iran, which has made those in the Pentagon nervous.

I feel like this shutdown is more about purging out the good apples, and then allowing the bad ones to slowly take over. Privatize the government. Privatize the military (Erik Pence is a name to watch for).

Democrats need to grow a spine and subpoena his tax returns, and start the impeachment process.

Mueller is taking too long and there's no promise he'll even recommend charges. I don't get what's stopping him from indicting Stone, Kush, Jnr.....and Trump himself. They all are openly violating the law and nothing gets done.

Purging the FBI and stacking the DOJ with Trump supporters is one reason I guess.
starting the impeachment process now, before there is any real legal basis for doing so, would be absolutely a enormous mistake. do you have any idea how horrible of a precedent it would set if congress impeaches trump when there's no actual legal charges against him (or at least pending his removal from office)? that would 100% guarantee that the next time there's a democratic president and the GOP got control of congress they would impeach the president more or less instantly. and the democrats wouldn't have a leg to stand on in defense, because they impeached trump for nakedly political reasons so why can't the GOP do the exact same thing?

you can't remove the president just because he's a big fat crude asshole no matter what. there needs to be a genuine and solid legal reason for it or else the whole political system is basically rendered meaningless.
DaveC is online now  
Old 01-24-2019, 04:56 PM   #140
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,615
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC View Post
starting the impeachment process now, before there is any real legal basis for doing so, would be absolutely a enormous mistake. do you have any idea how horrible of a precedent it would set if congress impeaches trump when there's no actual legal charges against him (or at least pending his removal from office)? that would 100% guarantee that the next time there's a democratic president and the GOP got control of congress they would impeach the president more or less instantly. and the democrats wouldn't have a leg to stand on in defense, because they impeached trump for nakedly political reasons so why can't the GOP do the exact same thing?

you can't remove the president just because he's a big fat crude asshole no matter what. there needs to be a genuine and solid legal reason for it or else the whole political system is basically rendered meaningless.
Yea whether or not you believe Pelosi should allow fresh blood to take over (I do), she's not a dumbski. Impeachment hearings will begin only after Mueller submits his report.

Even the investigations will wait. She knows that they need to do this right.

And if Mueller isn't done yet, there's good reason. It's infuriating, sure. But he's not going to wait if he doesn't have a good reason to wait.
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 05:04 PM   #141
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,451
Local Time: 01:27 PM
Mueller isn’t going to save this.

And from all accounts, he probably won’t finish until mid 2019.

I wince when i think what our government will look like by then.

Trump has no incentive to open the government. He doesn’t care about the people, or any political party. He’s a con man, he doesn’t take sides. He’ll destroy this country to save his own neck

And here’s a tweet for fans of space

https://twitter.com/spaceeliz/status...874148352?s=21
BEAL is online now  
Old 01-24-2019, 05:43 PM   #142
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 19,625
Local Time: 09:27 AM
well then may i suggest that you chill a bit on constantly accusing the GOP of ignoring the law and wanting to destroy the federal government if you're going to insist that the democrats ignore the law and do something that would destroy the federal government.
DaveC is online now  
Old 01-24-2019, 05:53 PM   #143
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,451
Local Time: 01:27 PM
Ok, could they not start investigations into the many shady issues that his administration has partake in?

If we got 7 Benghazi hearings, couldn’t we start getting a few going ?
BEAL is online now  
Old 01-24-2019, 06:07 PM   #144
Rock n' Roll Doggie
 
dabiggestu2fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: The edge of the known universe
Posts: 3,249
Local Time: 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
What a surprise, he's on live now talking about another caravan again. Drugs pouring in, women duct taped in tne backs of vans. Tremendous crime, tremendous drugs. He actually just said he blames himself because the economy is so great and that's why everyone wants to come here. The narcissism never stops.

He loves and respects the federal workers.
And let me guess nothing about the white dude that murdered a bunch of innocent people yesterday?
dabiggestu2fan is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 06:09 PM   #145
Blue Crack Addict
 
DaveC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: illegitimi non carborundum
Posts: 19,625
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAL View Post
Ok, could they not start investigations into the many shady issues that his administration has partake in?

If we got 7 Benghazi hearings, couldn’t we start getting a few going ?
of course. they're already starting and it's surely going to pick up even more once the government fully reopens.

but you have to wait for the investigations to run their course before you can come to any conclusions at all, much less go for impeachment. a large section of the right is already certain that the dems are going to try to impeach him over nothing more than personal hatred, all it's going to do is justify their position (and their anger) and turn him into a martyr for the right if they don't have something lock-solid on him.

if you're trying to put down a rabid dog, you need to make absolutely sure you have the bastard dead to rights before you pull the trigger so he can't come back to bite you.
DaveC is online now  
Old 01-24-2019, 07:13 PM   #146
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
BEAL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: San Diego
Posts: 4,451
Local Time: 01:27 PM
Subject of flying

https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/sta...188691456?s=21
BEAL is online now  
Old 01-24-2019, 07:51 PM   #147
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,615
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Florida!

https://www.tallahassee.com/story/ne...05/2649161002/
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 08:07 PM   #148
Blue Crack Addict
 
Moonlit_Angel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Posts: 19,907
Local Time: 08:27 AM
Quote:
By mid-afternoon, Ertel turned in his resignation, after photos emerged of him posing as a Hurricane Katrina victim in blackface at a private Halloween party 14 years ago.
Woooooooooow .
Moonlit_Angel is offline  
Old 01-24-2019, 08:44 PM   #149
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,615
Local Time: 09:27 AM
Yea it's a doozy
Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
Old 01-25-2019, 03:01 AM   #150
Blue Crack Distributor
 
Headache in a Suitcase's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Stateless
Posts: 62,615
Local Time: 09:27 AM
The Trump Shutdown is now longer than the president of William Henry Harrison.
__________________

Headache in a Suitcase is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com