US 2008 Presidential Campaign/Debate Discussion Thread - Part III - Page 15 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2007, 12:05 PM   #211
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 04:28 PM
There's truth in what he says there.

Old 12-18-2007, 12:08 PM   #212
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:28 PM
I'd take a fat bloated wrinkled President who knows what he/she is doing any day of the week

Old 12-18-2007, 12:27 PM   #213
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:28 PM
I don't give a damn about appearance. That has nothing to do with the ability to get the job of president done. Kerry went too much on image and not enough on substance, in my opinion. That's how the Swift Boat people got as much done as they did.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:30 PM   #214
Blue Crack Addict

Rush is such a pig.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:33 PM   #215
Blue Crack Addict

I hate what television has done to American politics. The best looking candidates are given an unfair advantage. It really pisses me off.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:46 PM   #216
Blue Crack Addict

Oh, did anyone see Dukakis on C-Span the other night? I didn't but my parents did. He said Romney had been a terrible governor of Massachusetts. He should know, he lives there.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:54 PM   #217
War Child

Rush's comments about Hillary were predicated by a seven minute monologue about the US's obsession with youth; especially for women. He simply raised the question of whether or not our culture will expect an aging woman president. Per usual, the media talking heads focused in on one sound byte and ran with the sexist Rush angle.

anyway...a few bad photos are the least of Hillary's worries.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:59 PM   #218
Blue Crack Addict

Well men age as President (usually even more so than average because of the stress) and some are reelected anyway. Anyone who has a problem with a woman doing so and not a man is a sexist. If you want a women who is perpetually ageless elect Joan Rivers.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:10 PM   #219
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76
Oh, did anyone see Dukakis on C-Span the other night? I didn't but my parents did. He said Romney had been a terrible governor of Massachusetts. He should know, he lives there.
Well, he also is a Democrat so his assessment shouldn't be surprising.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:13 PM   #220
Blue Crack Addict

I don't think he thinks that just because he's a Democrat. He's an intelligent observer.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:17 PM   #221
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 09:28 PM
Yes, he is definitely having his reasons, and probably elaborated on them, especially since he isn't directly involved in politics anymore, but generally him not being too fond of Romney's politics is pretty predictable.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:21 PM   #222
Blue Crack Addict

The former Gov of MA, Paul Cellucci, who is a Republican, has come out against Romney (I think he's endorsing McCain, not sure) So has former Gov. Jane Swift who is also a Republican, not that she was a good Governor either. Not that that refutes your point, just that it isn't entirely partisan.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:28 PM   #223
Blue Crack Addict

ORANGEBURG, South Carolina (CNN) – Former President Bill Clinton said Monday that the first thing his wife Hillary will do when she reaches the White House is dispatch him and his predecessor, President George H.W. Bush, on an around-the-world mission to repair the damage done to America's reputation by the current president — Bush's son, George W. Bush.

"Well, the first thing she intends to do, because you can do this without passing a bill, the first thing she intends to do is to send me and former President Bush and a number of other people around the world to tell them that America is open for business and cooperation again," Clinton said in response to a question from a supporter about what his wife's "number one priority" would be as president.

A spokesman for the George H.W. Bush was not immediately available to comment on whether the former president would chip in some diplomatic help after his son leaves office next year.

Clinton and the elder Bush, rivals in the 1992 presidential election, have grown chummy in recent years, often traveling and appearing at public events together. In 2005, they started a charity to help victims of Hurricane Katrina.

UPDATE: The Republican National Committee issued this statement in response to Clinton's comments:

"In 2009, a Republican president will be working with our friends and allies abroad to continue to keep our nation safe," said RNC spokesman Danny Diaz. "The American people expect our leaders — both current and former — to present serious solutions to the very real challenges confronting our nation."
Old 12-18-2007, 01:32 PM   #224
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:28 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MaxFisher
Rush's comments about Hillary were predicated by a seven minute monologue about the US's obsession with youth; especially for women. He simply raised the question of whether or not our culture will expect an aging woman president. Per usual, the media talking heads focused in on one sound byte and ran with the sexist Rush angle.

anyway...a few bad photos are the least of Hillary's worries.
Yeah Rush's career of racist and sexist behaviour doesn't speak for itself, it's all the medias fault.
Old 12-18-2007, 01:33 PM   #225
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah he pretty much quacks like a duck.

People will tend to judge him through that prism, he made his own bed as far as that's concerned.