UK teen gets 12 years for a vampiric murder - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 08-02-2002, 08:16 PM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
speedracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: MD
Posts: 7,572
Local Time: 05:11 AM
UK teen gets 12 years for a vampiric murder

http://www.cnn.com/2002/WORLD/europe...ire/index.html
__________________

__________________
speedracer is offline  
Old 08-02-2002, 08:33 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 04:11 AM
that kid is one sick fuck

so...17 year old boy believes in vampires...stabs 90 year old woman 22 times, cuts her heart out, cooks it in her blood in a frying pan, eats/drinks it to become immortal, and he only gets 12 years? wtf?
__________________

__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 08-02-2002, 10:03 PM   #3
Refugee
 
RavenStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 05:11 AM
wierd. I've heard that peole do do these things but not like how he did it. Usually the person they get the blood from is willing and they just make an insicion in the thigh or something. They only drink a little. I don't think they intend to kill the person or acheive immortality.
I never understood jail. Why lock someone up? They are of no use to society. They should be killed how they killed their victim. Same goes for rapists/child abusers. Most of these people have tv, carpets. They even get free college courses! And then they wonder why people commit so many crimes...
__________________
RavenStar is offline  
Old 08-02-2002, 10:09 PM   #4
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 02:11 AM
Normal

That is disgusting.
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 08-02-2002, 10:37 PM   #5
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 04:11 AM
prison has a good purpose.

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar

I never understood jail. Why lock someone up? They are of no use to society. They should be killed how they killed their victim. Same goes for rapists/child abusers. Most of these people have tv, carpets. They even get free college courses! And then they wonder why people commit so many crimes...

the point of jail is to restrict every freedom possible without enfringing on human rights.

i doubt you have been to a prison before. well, i live about 45 minutes away from stillwater maximum security prison. that's where the scum of the world go, i.e zaccharius moussaui, and many other terrorists. this is not a pleasant place by any means for anyone to be. carpets huh? no, they do not get carpeting. no, they do not get television. if the DO get these amenities it is certainly not in their cells. their cells consist of a toilet, a sink, and a bed. the more dangerous, the less you have. as for free college courses, yes and no. i can tell you jeffrey dahmer wasn't taking any courses in cooking while he made his short visit to prison. something tells me he was busy getting the shit kicked out of him for being so sick. rapists and child abusers do get what they gave out in prison. i know guards there, it is not a pleasant place to be. it's a GOOD thing that we offer them collegiate courses while in prison. and don't be thinking these are harvard classes, cos they're basically taking classes at a junior college. but for criminals who will re-enter the workforce, it is good for them to have a trade, mechanic, electrician, the like. then they will at least have a shot at making it when they are "reformed" and let out.

imagine that you are confined to your closet for 23 hours a day. no music, no internet, no tv, maybe a book. sound like a luxury hotel?
__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 12:01 AM   #6
Refugee
 
RavenStar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 1,101
Local Time: 05:11 AM
I've been to a jail. There werent toilets in each cell though. People there had to use more of a public bathroom whith no stalls. Bathroom breaks every 2 hours. They did get free college courses. There were tv's in the games room. For 2 hours a day they got to go to a room with a sterio, tv, etc. But thats Canada for you.
__________________
RavenStar is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 12:40 AM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 04:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenStar
I've been to a jail.
jails and prisons are two very, very different things.
__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 12:51 AM   #8
BAW
The Flower
 
BAW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: The OC....!!!!
Posts: 11,094
Local Time: 02:11 AM
Re: prison has a good purpose.

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly



the point of jail is to restrict every freedom possible without enfringing on human rights.

i doubt you have been to a prison before. well, i live about 45 minutes away from stillwater maximum security prison. that's where the scum of the world go, i.e zaccharius moussaui, and many other terrorists. this is not a pleasant place by any means for anyone to be. carpets huh? no, they do not get carpeting. no, they do not get television. if the DO get these amenities it is certainly not in their cells. their cells consist of a toilet, a sink, and a bed. the more dangerous, the less you have. as for free college courses, yes and no. i can tell you jeffrey dahmer wasn't taking any courses in cooking while he made his short visit to prison. something tells me he was busy getting the shit kicked out of him for being so sick. rapists and child abusers do get what they gave out in prison. i know guards there, it is not a pleasant place to be. it's a GOOD thing that we offer them collegiate courses while in prison. and don't be thinking these are harvard classes, cos they're basically taking classes at a junior college. but for criminals who will re-enter the workforce, it is good for them to have a trade, mechanic, electrician, the like. then they will at least have a shot at making it when they are "reformed" and let out.

imagine that you are confined to your closet for 23 hours a day. no music, no internet, no tv, maybe a book. sound like a luxury hotel?
Maybe you're describing a federal lock up but the prison I'm familiar with (state of Idaho) is quite different.

I had a very close relative (no longer with me) who I visited in prison many, many times. Yes, he did have a TV in his cell, along with a radio, snack foods, books, magazines and better winter clothes than I could afford at that time. My family put together a care package for him several times a year and believe me, he wanted for nothing but his freedom.

He spent most of his days tooling leather and making silver jewelery. He did work in the license plate factory (for real) but most of his time was spent recreationaly. He played softball and handball, smoked and gained about 30 pounds from the 3 sqares a day he was fed.

They also had access to drugs, alcohol and pornography. I'm sorry to say, but my relative and several others I've known over my lifetime look at prison as a vacation without the bills.

Oh, and he also got new glasses and had his teeth fixed, at taxpayer expense.

And this wasn't a minimum security offense...he was doing time for armed robbery.

I guess I should add that he was sentenced to 10 years with parole for robbing a canned goods store...whereas this vampire murderer only got 12 years for taking a life. Where is the justice in that?
__________________
BAW is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 01:04 AM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 04:11 AM
i think stillwater is for the scum of all scum, thus the nothing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Bono's American Wife
and believe me, he wanted for nothing but his freedom.
tv or no, nothing beats going out of your own home whenever you want to.
__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 01:08 PM   #10
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 11:11 AM
This guy went to school with my friend in Angelsey.....it was sick to hear this on the news!!!

12 years isn't long enough....

Also in the Uk a couple are in jail for 4 weeks for cutting down a hedge!! Whats that aboot?!
__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 03:48 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Lilly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2001
Location: back and to the left
Posts: 8,523
Local Time: 04:11 AM
that idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by Lara Mullen
Also in the Uk a couple are in jail for 4 weeks for cutting down a hedge!! Whats that aboot?!

in my city, it is illegal to cut down a tree in your own yard lest you have permission by our idiot mayor. and what does he do? goes and destroys the natural wetlands and forest we had. jerk.
__________________
Lilly is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 04:43 PM   #12
Kid A
 
The Wanderer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Holy Roman Empire
Posts: 5,271
Local Time: 05:11 AM

12 is all they can count to
__________________
send lawyers, guns and money...
The Wanderer is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 06:16 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 11:11 AM
Re: that idiot

Quote:
Originally posted by Lilly



in my city, it is illegal to cut down a tree in your own yard lest you have permission by our idiot mayor. and what does he do? goes and destroys the natural wetlands and forest we had. jerk.
to idiot mayor!!!
__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 06:17 PM   #14
Blue Crack Addict
 
Laura M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 18,932
Local Time: 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by The Wanderer
12 is all they can count to
__________________
Laura M is offline  
Old 08-03-2002, 09:33 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life
 
adamswildhoney's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Somewhere in NorCal
Posts: 10,333
Local Time: 02:11 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
That is disgusting.
Id say so! And that kid definately deserves more time than that behind bars!
__________________

__________________
adamswildhoney is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com