Trump General Discusion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now there's a giant bullseye on Trump properties around the world. Terrorists might think an attack on a Trump hotel is a direct attack on the United States and its president. What if such an attack were to take place? Are taxpayers going go to be on the hook for security at every Trump property? That's going to be VERY expensive, but not for Trump, of course.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using U2 Interference mobile app

Oh my bad, I didn't realize white folk from rural America were the only ones who were a part of the "working class"

*snerk* good one

(on a computer that i haven't had time to really get to at library)
totally frustrated that i still can't log in on my tablet! Argggg! someone :help: me
i deleted cookie etc before i logged in -- it only worked Once.
Then i tried that Plus rebooting ... that didn't work either!

while you all were on-line where ever you were Election Night
I was at Rockefeller Center's "Democracy Plaza"
I stayed to the bitter end with the news that Hillary had conceeded further & further sinking
into my miasma of disbelief/grief jeeeez
as we all tried to console each other

Republicans need to enjoy their imbalanced electoral college and gerrymandering while they can. Eventually, these enormous holes will either be addressed or the country's demographics will become so lopsided that these handicaps will cease to matter.

The earth only spins forward, according to some guy I know.

I would imagine only when he's visiting.
jeeez, i hope so , as one who does take buses down Fifth Ave at times
(native NYC'r)

Republicans need to enjoy their imbalanced electoral college and gerrymandering while they can. Eventually, these enormous holes will either be addressed or the country's demographics will become so lopsided that these handicaps will cease to matter.

The earth only spins forward, according to some guy I know.

unfortunately IF Trump goes along with Ryan & Co they will privatize Soc Sec, Voucherize Medicare and slash Medicaid, Soc Sec Disabilty & further !
These cruel asshats have been frothing at the mouth for Decades to go after all of these further

all the already threatened groups have a a certain amount of poor and disabled sub-groups with in them
plus the poor & disabled in (?so far) non-threatened groups.

Do you know (sure a few of you do) that a group of Conservatives in DC took a Bible
and cut out ALL the references to the poor?!!?

what a bunch of cruel people
a whole lot more people in America are gonning to be homeless, ill or worse!

jeeez, i hope so , as one who does take buses down Fifth Ave at times

(native NYC'r)

unfortunately IF Trump goes along with Ryan & Co they will privatize Soc Sec, Voucherize Medicare and slash Medicaid, Soc Sec Disabilty & further !

These cruel asshats have been frothing at the mouth for Decades to go after all of these further

all the already threatened groups have a a certain amount of poor and disabled sub-groups with in them

plus the poor & disabled in (?so far) non-threatened groups.

Do you know (sure a few of you do) that a group of Conservatives in DC took a Bible

and cut out ALL the references to the poor?!!?

what a bunch of cruel people

a whole lot more people in America are gonning to be homeless, ill or worse!

I imagine his main residence in NYC will get full time detail, considering his continued presence there.

I doubt it would be inconvenient unless he's there.

This would be funny, if not for the knowledge that 1)Clinton conceded and is not leading the charge (nor even apparently supporting or encouraging it) to change the results, and 2)if the roles were reversed, Trump and his base would be threatening open rebellion.

It's not only not funny, it's an embarrassing representation of reality. And you know half the folks like Oregoropa read it and know the difference and shrug it off as "not a big deal," but you circulate that image and you have the other half rallying around it and failing to be in touch with reality, exacerbating a problem.

Instead of posting images, it would be nice if he'd actually weigh in on the corruption and scandals popping up left and right too.

I used to respect him for at least discussing matters, unlike other Trump supporters in here, but now he's not even doing that.

Now there's a giant bullseye on Trump properties around the world. Terrorists might think an attack on a Trump hotel is a direct attack on the United States and its president. What if such an attack were to take place? Are taxpayers going go to be on the hook for security at every Trump property? That's going to be VERY expensive, but not for Trump, of course.

The majority of "Trump properties" around the world aren't actually owned by Trump. He licenses his name out.

Instead of posting images, it would be nice if he'd actually weigh in on the corruption and scandals popping up left and right too.

I used to respect him for at least discussing matters, unlike other Trump supporters in here, but now he's not even doing that.
His best, and pretty much only response to things he has no response for is a meme.

Which Scandal and Corruption would like addressed? Right now the media is grasping at every possible thread to pull. This is the same media that was on a full Kamikaze mission to take out Trump. Discrediting themselves by being shown to collude with the DNC and Podesta (via wikileaks)

I remember every Clinton issue I brought up dismissed as conspiracy and hyperbole. Granted a few were questionable such as the seizure video. That was months before the 9/11 health episode.

Some days I have time to write an op-ed about the Rust Belt strategy, Confederate flag articles, Christian support.

Dropping an image here or there isn't full fledge trolling.

Yes. All the things he claimed to be against with Hillary-the corruption, the shady business deals, flip flopping on the issues and promises they make to voters-are coming out in full force with Trump, and yet...*Crickets*

Yes. All the things he claimed to be against with Hillary-the corruption, the shady business deals, flip flopping on the issues and promises they make to voters-are coming out in full force with Trump, and yet...*Crickets*

Sorry, I can't live on the board 24/7. What you view as flip-flopping, shady business, corruption from past bankruptcies, Trump U pales in comparison to the potential bombshells hidden in the 33k emails deleted 2 days before a congressional subpoena, the implications of possible international pay for play deals through the CGI while Hillary was SoS. The jury of the electorate rendered their judgment upon what scandals they could swallow.

Right now the media is inspecting a mole hill of Trump improprieties, while the mountains of the server, CGI, Benghazi loom in the background horizon.

Every politician has baggage and skeletons in the closet.

The sad part is I think it prevents good people from running for office, knowing their entire past will be in the spotlight.

It's funny that the media broke the Clinton emails story (AP did that) but whereas that was a legitimate scandal, they're now grasping at straws when it comes to Trump.

For Trump supporters there is a huge schism on what to do about Romney. Many would freak if he were to be named SoS after doing everything possible to derail Trump's campaign through personal attacks. It can be argued that he was the leader in the background along with Ryan, during the attempted coup after the Access Hollywood tape. Following the release there was a mass defection of many Mormon lawmakers withdrawing their support.

Behind the scenes, I do not know the dynamics of this group of Republicans. If Trump is looking to coalesce any GOP resistance, than the inclusion of Romney may be a smart move. Full unity will allow his priority agenda items to sail through congress smoothly. His team is feeling out the dynamics behind the scenes and public perceptions making Romney SoS would entail. Kellyanne Conway even acknowledged the public backlash against Romney in a tweet. She wouldn't do that without great consideration of the overall strategy. There is a report that Romney and Trump have exchanged phone calls over the Thanksgiving holiday.

For Romney to be a palpable choice in the administration he will have to issue a full apology and mea culpa. Gingrich and Huckabee have been arguing this point on the shows.

On that note, Robert Reich just posted this on Facebook:

I don’t go in for conspiracies, but two teams of independent researchers have found that the flood of “fake news” this election season got help from a sophisticated Russian propaganda campaign that created and spread misleading articles online -- with the goal of hurting Hillary Clinton and helping Donald Trump. A recent Rand report dubbed Russian propaganda efforts a “firehose of falsehood” given their speed, power and relentlessness. These operations also worked to promote the “Brexit” departure of Britain from the European Union.

So, did Russia hack into the election in Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin? More basically, why has Putin been so eager to get Trump elected? My guess: To end NATO. That's the heart of the deal.

Which Scandal and Corruption would like addressed?

I know you're riding high and maybe even feeling a little cocky lately, but asking this question as if you're unaware of any legitimate issues that have cropped up since the election is a bad look.

Here's just a few:
-Conflicts of interest between Trump's international business ties and role as President. And "the laws are on my side" doesn't address the actual conflicts of interest.
-Selecting a prominent alt-right racist as chief strategist.
-Selecting an attorney general who was previously denied a federal judgeship (largely by his Republican colleagues) due to a history of racist comments.
-Selecting a secretary of education who believes in creationism and who has no experience in education.
-Selecting a SecDef who is openly Islamophobic and was fired from his previous job for incompetence.
-Selecting a prominent climate change denier as the head of the EPA transition team.
-read the excerpts of his transcript with the Times that were posted in this thread. Nothing of concern there?

Last edited:
And if Mike Bloomberg won, they'd be doing the same things and paying the same costs.

Are we not supposed to pay for the same level of security just because he's wealthy?

I can't stand the guy but this is a none issue.

I'm not sure it's the same thing. If Bloomberg won, they'd have to spend a lot of money to rent some place in the Upper East Side, but not necessarily a place owned by Bloomberg himself.

I think this is similar to Trump doing campaign events at his properties and paying for it with campaign money. The conflation of Trump the public figure and Trump the private figure/businessman is quite concerning.

It is this attitude that will keep Democrats out of power for the foreseeable future

No, it's not. It's your continual burying of your head and only reading the headline that will leave you buried in the rubble.

The thing about con-jobs is that they usually only work once.

The country as a whole still doesn't want this, and fears this. You're setting yourself up for another con if you don't see that between now and the next 4 years.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I'm not sure it's the same thing. If Bloomberg won, they'd have to spend a lot of money to rent some place in the Upper East Side, but not necessarily a place owned by Bloomberg himself.

I think this is similar to Trump doing campaign events at his properties and paying for it with campaign money. The conflation of Trump the public figure and Trump the private figure/businessman is quite concerning.
I get it, I just don't think there's a precedent, nor do I see anyway around it, and there are far larger conflicts of interests to deal with.

Sorry, I can't live on the board 24/7. What you view as flip-flopping, shady business, corruption from past bankruptcies, Trump U pales in comparison to the potential bombshells hidden in the 33k emails deleted 2 days before a congressional subpoena, the implications of possible international pay for play deals through the CGI while Hillary was SoS. The jury of the electorate rendered their judgment upon what scandals they could swallow.

Right now the media is inspecting a mole hill of Trump improprieties, while the mountains of the server, CGI, Benghazi loom in the background horizon.

Oh, don't pull that "I can't be on here 24/7" line. You know exactly what we mean when we're asking you to try and address Trump's issues.

Pay for play? A few posters here shared articles in previous pages where it seems like Trump was involved in that very sort of thing himself.

Trump supporters here got on Clinton about her foundation getting donations from people from messed up countries, and yet Trump's businesses are connected to some of those very same areas.

Clinton's foundation has been proven to do much good work in the world. You cannot say the same about Trump's foundation, which seemed to exist only to serve...Trump. Last I checked, it wasn't Clinton who used her foundation to get herself a huge, fancy self-portrait. And Clinton didn't set up a university that turned out to be a giant scam.

Flip-flopping: So does Trump know and have a good relationship with Putin or not? Is he going to pursue charges against Hillary or not? Is he going to build his wall or not? Did he support the Iraq War or didn't he?

Everything with Clinton's server and Benghazi were investigated to death. By Republican-led investigation committees, no less. And yet they found NOTHING to indict her on. At worst, she was shown to be careless and inattentive with the e-mails. So either Republicans are being easily brought off by Clinton and her buddies, which I would think should be rather troubling for any Republican supporters on this board...

...or they're the ones who ultimately made a molehill out of that stuff. Didn't one of the people investigating Clinton on...Benghazi, I think it was, accidentally seem to admit to that whole thing basically being a witch hunt?

And then there's all the stuff Diemen just listed that I'd love to see addressed at some point and time, too.

Trump wanted to be involved in politics. He wanted to run for president, and got it. Therefore, he's going to be subjected to the exact same scrutiny that every other politician has been put through, and rightly so. And there's plenty about his past to be deeply troubled by. Yet somehow he gets a pass from Trump supporters, while they sit there and gleefully rake Clinton over the coals for things she did, or which they think she "supposedly" did.

Every politician has baggage and skeletons in the closet.

Yes, they do. And to my observations, Clinton's baggage was about as typical as it gets. I didn't really see where she was somehow SO MUCH WORSE than the vast majority of politicians out there with the crap in her past. She's far from perfect, you'll get no argument from me on that, and there are some things that I think were worthy of valid concern with her. I have discussed the things I didn't agree with her on in here before.

Yet somehow her stuff was made into this big deal and there was this weirdly intense pathological hatred for her from some people out there, while Trump supporters continued to ignore all the shit surrounding him and brush it off as nothing.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

And setting aside all the scandals and questionable activities, Clinton actually has legit experience in politics. She would know EXACTLY what to expect if she became president. She's prepared, she's knowledgeable about a ridiculous amount of topics and issues.

Trump has openly shown ZERO understanding or knowledge of the job he's about to take on. How in the world does that not give you serious pause? How does that not bother you? How do you think you can justify someone with complete ignorance of the job they're about to do winning over somebody who actually would know what they're doing? We're not talking about some high school kid getting their first job at Burger King here, we're talking about being president of the United States. And call me crazy, but I want somebody in that job who actually knows what the hell they're doing.

Here's just a few:
-Conflicts of interest between Trump's international business ties and role as President. And "the laws are on my side" doesn't address the actual conflicts of interest.
-Selecting an attorney general who was previously denied a federal judgeship (largely by his Republican colleagues) due to a history of racist comments.
-Selecting a secretary of education who believes in creationism and who has no experience in education.
-Selecting a SecDef who is openly Islamophobic and was fired from his previous job for incompetence.
-Selecting a prominent climate change denier as the head of the EPA transition team.
-read the excerpts of his transcript with the Times that were posted in this thread. Nothing of concern there?

I'd also add Trump's insulting a Gold Star family and picking a fight with the father of a deceased soldier. Doesn't instill much confidence in his ability to support our troops during rough times, I wouldn't think.

And I'd also love to hear any Trump supporters here try and explain allowing a man who spent years questioning Obama's birthplace/birth certificate and starting up that birther bullshit follow Obama into the White House. How can anyone defend or justify that?

Last edited:
I know you're riding high and maybe even feeling a little cocky lately, but asking this question as if you're unaware of any legitimate issues that have cropped up since the election is a bad look.

Here's just a few:
-Selecting a secretary of education who has no experience in education.

I don't put much stock in the Grey Lady. Citing the NYT does nothing to raise my alarm bells.

- I believe Trump will pass off business interests to the appropriate body/person to run the company. We need to find an analog in Presidential history as to where a President had a large functioning business enterprise that he had to leave behind. Washington had one of the biggest distillery operations going IIRC. When the Presidency was a less centralized role he probably managed both at the same time. We are in uncharted waters as far as modern history goes as we have just elected the first apolitical candidate since Eisenhower.

- You look at Breitbart.com and see racist dog whistles. We already litigated the Confederate flag article as the most egregious example of Breibart "racism". Articles written by right-wing provocateurs such as Milo Yiannoppoulis deserve to be read in the context of satire. Feminism vs Cancer. As a gay man he is questioning the effects of Hard left gender redefinitions in academia and popular culture.

- Sessions took down the KKK in Alabama and desegregated schools in the state. Supported Eric Holder. His KKK marijuana remark was a joke.
Dear Lefties, Spawn Of Satan Jeff Sessions Actually Took On The KKK and Desegregated Schools (And Supported Eric Holder's AG Nomination)

- Betsy Devos does not have the experience the teacher's union would want, because she has been at the forefront of improving school choice in Michigan since 1993. If you think education is just fine the way it is, she is a horrible pick. If you want somebody to bring a fresh pair of eyes to a broken system she has recognized for 23 years then she is a good pick.

- Secretary of Defense are you talking about Mattis or Flynn (NSA Director)? Can't respond until you clarify.

- Ahhh a Climate Change Denier god forbid. As a meteorologist a subject I can speak to with expertise. I fight the battle on Reddit quite often.
Here is my response to those who freaked out about Trump's stance on Climate.

I'm a meteorologist and I believe the climate is always changing. I assume you are coming at it from a Anthropogenic Carbon Release Warming Theory is the gold standard. I believe the argument isolating Carbon as variable has been co-opted by political interests to create a global issue that the globalist mindset can create a toehold in International Governance.

The onus should be on the current prevailing wisdom to explain how we had warmer climates in the past without Industrial release of Carbon. For example the Medieval Warm Period saw an explosion of population in Europe around 1000 AD. Greenland settlements thrived under warmer temperatures, but those were abandoned once we entered a cooling phase. The industrial revolution coincides with the end of the Little Ice Age around 1850. The American colonies were burdened by brutally cold temperatures during the LIA. The famous painting of Washington crossing the Delaware shows chunks of ice in the river near Trenton. Today this is very rare. I grew up in the area.

After the record Hurricane Season of 2005 (Katrina, Rita) we were warned by climate alarmists that more devastating storms were on the way. Fast forward to 2016 and we have had the longest gap in recorded history of a Category 3 hurricane making landfall in the United States. Climate functions on 10, 50, 100, 1,000, 10,000 year cycles all working independently of each other adding to the muddling of hard data. Other variables come into play besides human activity. Carbon release from Vulcanism, Sub-Oceanic crust Methane deposits. Super-Volcanos of the past released enough carbon to eclipse the whole output of humans during the past 100 years. The release of these molecules had a dimming effect in the atmosphere blocking solar heating of the surface. The dominant variable is solar activity which is hard to measure in past centuries. The Maunder Minimum has been cited as a major factor in cooling in the past 1000 years. We are truly at the mercy of the sun.

The East Anglia consortium was exposed to tweak data to fit the narrative of human caused warming. Penn State researcher Michael Mann's hockey stick graph was created by tweaking data to create a desire exponential freak-out in global temperatures. Many dissenters in the weather/climate field have been forced into silence out of fear of being blacklisted or purged by political interests. Case in point the state Climatologist of Oregon (ceremonial title) was removed by political actors in the state government.

We need to do a better job of collecting data with a mind free of political agendas. Especially focusing on Solar activity. To think human activity is the dominant variable is folly knowing the greater forces at play.

- You look at Breitbart.com and see racist dog whistles. We already litigated the Confederate flag article as the most egregious example of Breibart "racism". Articles written by right-wing provocateurs such as Milo Yiannoppoulis deserve to be read in the context of satire. Feminism vs Cancer. As a gay man he is questioning the effects of Hard left gender redefinitions in academia and popular culture.

I will not touch the rest of this post, with a10' pole, one of your worst. Washington? Really?

But this is a no brainer. I've been talking about Breitbart for awhile, in fact both sides kind of blew me off but I've been warning people for awhile what role Breitbart has been playing.

Earlier this year, I shared a bunch of comments from Breitbart's site. There were dozens, and that was from only one article. They spoke of eradicating the "porch monkeys", they actually referenced the exact gas that Hitler used. These weren't your typical redneck racists, these were obvious neo-nazis. Unsurprisingly, not one Breitbart minion on here even tried to defend it. There's a reason these comments exist within this website, there's a reason they feel comfortable posting there. Bannon boastfully admitted that he had transformed the site into a platform for the alt-right. Right before the election you'll find censoring in the comment sections, NONE of this was coincidence.

Stop writing this off. Stop accusing others of labeling, stop burying your head in sand, stop pretending this isn't real. You have been shown time and time again examples of real racism and you bail, excuse it, or deflect. You have never once tried and really have this discussion.

And this is why many will call you a racist, you stood by and let it happen, you swept it under the rug. As I've said before, I don't believe you're a racist, but you're definitely part of the problem by still acting like it wasn't there.

I will not touch the rest of this post, with a10' pole, one of your worst. Washington? Really?

But this is a no brainer. I've been talking about Breitbart for awhile, in fact both sides kind of blew me off but I've been warning people for awhile what role Breitbart has been playing.

Earlier this year, I shared a bunch of comments from Breitbart's site. There were dozens, and that was from only one article. They spoke of eradicating the "porch monkeys", they actually referenced the exact gas that Hitler used. These weren't your typical redneck racists, these were obvious neo-nazis. Unsurprisingly, not one Breitbart minion on here even tried to defend it. There's a reason these comments exist within this website, there's a reason they feel comfortable posting there. Bannon boastfully admitted that he had transformed the site into a platform for the alt-right. Right before the election you'll find censoring in the comment sections, NONE of this was coincidence.

Stop writing this off. Stop accusing others of labeling, stop burying your head in sand, stop pretending this isn't real. You have been shown time and time again examples of real racism and you bail, excuse it, or deflect. You have never once tried and really have this discussion.

And this is why many will call you a racist, you stood by and let it happen, you swept it under the rug. As I've said before, I don't believe you're a racist, but you're definitely part of the problem by still acting like it wasn't there.

Comments on facebook, twitter, reddit, predictit, are all racist. I'm sure I can dig up some on the Huff Post or Daily Kos too.

I don't put much stock in the Grey Lady. Citing the NYT does nothing to raise my alarm bells.

This dodge completely ignores what I actually wrote. I asked you to comment not on what the NYT wrote (though your casual dismissal of print journalism is noted), but on what Trump said in his meeting with them, specifically those things highlighted in this thread w/r/t climate change & conflicts of interest.

Bannon himself has stated that Breitbart is purposefully a platform for the alt-right. Pretending like it's all satirical Milo Yiannoppoulis posts is disingenuous, at best.

- Sessions took down the KKK in Alabama and desegregated schools in the state. Supported Eric Holder. His KKK marijuana remark was a joke.

A joke made in remarkably poor taste, at best.

- Betsy Devos does not have the experience the teacher's union would want, because she has been at the forefront of improving school choice in Michigan since 1993. If you think education is just fine the way it is, she is a horrible pick. If you want somebody to bring a fresh pair of eyes to a broken system she has recognized for 23 years then she is a good pick.

Fresh pair of eyes does not mean better pair of eyes. Recognizing that the system is broken does not mean that you know how to fix it. And Devos has been arguing for a voucher system that would largely leave the poor and marginalized left behind, and would be a disaster to any sense of national standards in education, and could blur the line between church and state if these vouchers would go towards private religious schools (as she has suggested)

- Secretary of Defense are you talking about Mattis or Flynn (NSA Director)? Can't respond until you clarify.

Sorry, I meant NSA Director Flynn. Though we can add Homeland Security director to the list as well, what with the proposed (and completely unconstitutional) Muslim registry.

- Ahhh a Climate Change Denier god forbid.

It's not just a climate change denier. Take a look at their proposed changes and tell me that's not a decided step backwards in terms of responsible use of the environment. It would be one thing to simply think we don't need to be as aggressive in reducing emissions, it's quite another to pretend that reducing emissions at all is a useless endeavor.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom