Trump General Discusion II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with the above article. I think 'Trump is Berlusconi' is really the only 'Trump is x' take that makes any real sense.

cheers Vlad!

has also just dawned on me that they're both orange as well :D

This happened at a Federal Building yesterday.

Alt-Right Exults in Donald Trump’s Election With a Salute: ‘Heil Victory’

But as the night wore on and most reporters had gone home, the language changed.

Mr. Spencer’s after-dinner speech began with a polemic against the “mainstream media,” before he briefly paused. “Perhaps we should refer to them in the original German?” he said.

The audience immediately screamed back, “Lügenpresse,” reviving a Nazi-era word that means “lying press.”

Mr. Spencer suggested that the news media had been critical of Mr. Trump throughout the campaign in order to protect Jewish interests. He mused about the political commentators who gave Mr. Trump little chance of winning.

“One wonders if these people are people at all, or instead soulless golem,” he said, referring to a Jewish fable about the golem, a clay giant that a rabbi brings to life to protect the Jews.

“America was, until this last generation, a white country designed for ourselves and our posterity,” Mr. Spencer thundered. “It is our creation, it is our inheritance, and it belongs to us.”

But the white race, he added, is “a race that travels forever on an upward path.”

“To be white is to be a creator, an explorer, a conqueror,” he said.

Neo-Nazism is now out in the open, really.

Imagine a future if (haha) Trump and co. fail to deliver the promised jobs to their base in the Rust Belt and middle America. They then blame the left, blacks, immigrants, anyone they can think of, for preventing those jobs from coming back. Riots erupt. Constitutional rights are curbed, the riots are stamped out in the name of law & order. The media is silenced.

Meanwhile Trump and family continue to line their pockets.

I mean, this scenario, inconceivable years ago, is quite plausible in the current climate.

Trump has eight years of Obama to blame for the shitstorm that is coming.

None of his policies will help the working class. Automation has, and will be here for good.

But it won't matter, the damage Obama has done to this country is irreversible.

Or something like that. It's a shame, we had a chance to be great again.:|

Wait, what?

Where did this happen, what were the circumstances? Was this a government run function? And this guy doesn't have a role in the government, right? He's the kKK guy that backed trump, yeah?

I'm getting names mixed up.

Sorry if my post was confusing. It took place in the so-called Ronald Regan Building, a federal building, but it was not a government event. And the guy doesn't have a role in government (at least yet).

Last edited:
Imagine a future if (haha) Trump and co. fail to deliver the promised jobs to their base in the Rust Belt and middle America. They then blame the left, blacks, immigrants, anyone they can think of, for preventing those jobs from coming back. Riots erupt. Constitutional rights are curbed, the riots are stamped out in the name of law & order. The media is silenced.

Meanwhile Trump and family continue to line their pockets.

I mean, this scenario, inconceivable years ago, is quite plausible in the current climate.

yeah, i was thinking the other day, about internet/social media, this new online life we have freely chosen to enter into, if civilisation as we know it veers towards a global dictatorship and all the nasty stuff that goes with it, my god, it's the stuff of nightmares... everything is in place now, technologically, just waiting for the next dictator :crack:

This is fine:

[TWEET]800695917179469824[/TWEET]

Holy shit. If you can read Spanish, take a look at this:

Revelan que Donald Trump le pidió permiso a Mauricio Macri para construir su torre en la Ciudad - 20.11.2016 - LA NACION

La Nación is the most reputable Argentinian newspaper, by the way. It says that when Macri and Trump spoke on the phone following the election, Trump asked for his support in getting authorization for his new 100m development in Buenos Aires.

Kleptocracy, people.

why is he not being hauled over the coals for this? is there a technicality? i mean, legally is he allowed to do this now he's president-elect before the inauguration? :ohmy:

why is he not being hauled over the coals for this? is there a technicality? i mean, legally is he allowed to do this now he's president-elect before the inauguration? :ohmy:

Apparently - and I'm not 100% sure on this - the laws that bar conflicts of interests do not apply to the President himself.

For a number of years, Trump and his Argentine partners have been trying to build a major office building in Buenos Aires. The project has been held up by a series of complications tied to financing, importation of building materials and various permitting requirements.

According to a report out of Argentina, when Argentine President Mauricio Macri called President-Elect Trump to congratulate him on his election, Trump asked Macri to deal with the permitting issues that are currently holding up the project.

This comes from one of Argentina's most prominent journalists, Jorge Lanata, in a recent TV appearance. Lanata is quoted here in La Nacion, one of Argentina's most prestigious dailies. Said Lanata: “Macri called him. This still hasn’t emerged but Trump asked for them to authorize a building he’s constructing in Buenos Aires, it wasn’t just a geopolitical chat."

Let's not put an extremely experienced politician and civil servant in office because of a non criminal email issue and because people donated to a charity that helps save the lives of AIDS patients around the world.

Instead let's put a guy in office with no qualifications and who's taking money and asking for favors from world leaders for his own personal profit.

Can a President Elect be impeached before taking office?

Nah, his minions have already buried their heads. And they'll be planted for 4 years. All we can hope for is a sea change at the mid-terms, until then he'll be shooting people in the streets and getting away with it.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

Since Trump's not asking anyone to sew a half-moon onto their shirts, we can pretend it's something completely different and make fun of the people affected by the proposed policies without having to fear any consequences.

Exactly. It doesn't apply, so it's ok to make fun of other groups to whom it does apply to.

Privilege at its' finest.

I think the crazy thing here is people not wanting to believe facts. Like how can you like Trump SOOO much that you're willing to look the other way at his corruption, which is what Trump voters said was a very important thing to them.

Of course, unless that was just all a rouse to not show that the most important thing to them was racism.

I think the crazy thing here is people not wanting to believe facts. Like how can you like Trump SOOO much that you're willing to look the other way at his corruption, which is what Trump voters said was a very important thing to them.

Of course, unless that was just all a rouse to not show that the most important thing to them was racism.

This all day. Everything gets acknowledged but this.

His supporters are beyond hope. As if they are going to read some furrin newspaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom