To all you vegitarians out there! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-11-2007, 10:14 AM   #16
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by unico
or...we can eat whatever we want for whatever reasons we want without having to defend ourselves to people or having others impose their beliefs on us?
I'm gonna go find me a baby panda...

Old 10-11-2007, 10:40 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

I'm gonna go find me a baby panda...

i just meant that i'm tired of (some, most certainly not all) meat eaters telling me what is wrong with how i eat. it is just so they can justify what they eat. i have my own beliefs. i don't tell people that their reasons for eating whatever are invalid. we govern our own bodies.

Old 10-11-2007, 10:46 AM   #18
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by unico

i just meant that i'm tired of (some, most certainly not all) meat eaters telling me what is wrong with how i eat. it is just so they can justify what they eat. i have my own beliefs. i don't tell people that their reasons for eating whatever are invalid. we govern our own bodies.

I completely agree with you, my example of eating a baby panda is not far fetched though, it's amazing what people will eat and have no compunction about, my complaint is the inability to see that "safe food animals" (IE cows, chickens, pigs, etc) are not all that different from ones considered "off limits" like the family dog for example...
Old 10-11-2007, 11:10 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Re: To all you vegitarians out there!

Quote:
Originally posted by MadelynIris
Stuefer and his team let loose caterpillars on white clover plants and watched them eat a single leaf on the network. Then a second set of caterpillars was allowed to choose between the damaged leaf—one that has been alerted to up its defense status—and leaves from an undamaged network.

Over the course of 20 trials, most or all of the approximately 15 caterpillars in each trial preferred the undamaged leaf to the leaf from a damaged network.

“The feeding caterpillars will be deterred and walk off to feed on other non-induced plants,” Stuefer told LiveScience. “[They] understand plant defense language very well as it is directed exactly to them.”
Of course, caterpillars choosing to eat undamaged leaves couldn't possibly be due to the fact that healthy leaves are simply better to eat than ones that are already half gone.

Old 10-11-2007, 11:18 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:18 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by elevated_u2_fan

I completely agree with you, my example of eating a baby panda is not far fetched though, it's amazing what people will eat and have no compunction about, my complaint is the inability to see that "safe food animals" (IE cows, chickens, pigs, etc) are not all that different from ones considered "off limits" like the family dog for example...

They say dog meet is pretty bitter.

I decide what I eat, and what I don't eat, and I don't tell anyone what he has to eat (or not).
Thank you.