Time Names Bush: 2004 "PERSON OF THE YEAR" - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-24-2004, 04:26 PM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR
Ashcroft is just really freaky and scary and I'm thankful he's leaving.
Amen to that.

Angela

Old 12-24-2004, 06:17 PM   #77
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

It was also the closest re-election for an incumbent since 1916. Yes, he got a majority of the vote but I would still say that 51% of the vote leaves alot of room for dissent and disagreement with the government, no matter what issue you're talking about, and yes, Iraq was probably the biggest issue in the election.
But Bush can still accurately claim that a majority of the country supports his foreign policy.

Lets also remember that the largest "landslide" in history only had around 60% of voters going for the winner.

Old 12-25-2004, 06:27 AM   #78
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2

But Bush can still accurately claim that a majority of the country supports his foreign policy.

Lets also remember that the largest "landslide" in history only had around 60% of voters going for the winner.
Yeah, weren't the numbers 59-41 for Reagan-Mondale in 1984? I would say that Reagan was a good bit more popular than Bush is at that point, and then Reagan had a rather difficult second term, blemished with Iran-Contra. In fact, a second term has been very tough for the last three presidents who had them, Clinton, Reagan and Nixon. I don't wish a tough time on anyone, but Bush is certainly looking at some big time challenges, it's in the nature of the job. Of course that's exactly what he wants, so...........
Old 12-27-2004, 10:52 PM   #79
War Child

Local Time: 03:33 AM
I love that we constantly reward him for sticking to his guns.
If he was in charge in the past he would have stuck to his guns and women wouldn't be allowed to vote, we'd all own some slaves and the earth would still be flat.
I wish my bosses would reward me more when I was wrong. Maybe a Presidential medal of Freedom here and there for following my gut and staying the course even if I did wind up crashing into an iceberg.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:08 PM   #80
War Child

Local Time: 03:33 AM
Can you imagine if Clinton approved torture?
There would be Bleedin' Heart Republicans crying in the street. All the southern redneck inbred hillbilly televangelsist would be crying on tv asking for money. Bill O' Liely would be spouting off on tv. They'b be hanging from the rooftop of the white house. Kenneth Starr would be at the door in ten seconds flat.
I love how we are bleeding hearts but they cared enough to liberate Iraq. When someone on the right speaks all I hear is the Charlie Brown teacher squawk bc they are so out of thier minds. Denialcans is what they should be called from now on.
Can we get on that?
We're gonna have our guys getting car bombed for the next 20 years just so they can save face and never admit this was a big fuckup.
Excuse me now, I'm going to go have wanton sex now and worship the devil while watching some hollywood films, bc thats what we Democrats do.

Jesus was a hippie..and a liberal...and a bleeding heart...and if he was here today, he'd be a Democrat. He would run for office, out-debate W perform three miracles and still the red states would vote for W bc Saddam pulled off 9-11.
Ok now that I've started that lets go further...imagine Rove's plan. He'd totally smear him. They would question his whole story. there' be Apostles for Truth ads on tv.
Oh I could go on but its too easy.
Old 12-27-2004, 11:22 PM   #81
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:33 PM
That's a bunch of crap. You can't associate Jesus with a political party. Thanks for another well-thought post