This is a weird question, but I am curious! (about God and Sex)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This is a weird question, but I am curious! (about God and Sex)

Dreadsox said:

You really thought it was me:wink:

well ... not really, but i never did get an explanation.

didn't you say you were pregnant?

Irvine511 said:

doesn't Prince believe in that? that the way to see God, or at least visit, is through the achievement of the ultimate orgasm -- that each orgasm is a window into the afterlife?

or something?

or did i completely pull that out of my ass?

That sounds about right although I'm not an expert on Prince. I don't follow any kind of sex-leads-to-God path but I do think that the orgasm is a divine expression of itself on the physical plane but so are many other things--they just don't result in that kind of indescribable ecstasy.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: This is a weird question, but I am curious! (about God and S

deep said:

that was for dread

wondered how he got preggers

oh.

well, was happy for the opportunity to use that new fun icon.

Dreadsox said:
And God created my hairy ass.....why would I be embarassd?
:lol: :up: Damn straight...or queer, in some folks' case...

Anyone else reminded of Monty Python's Meaning of Life here?

DAD: We've got too many kids, so I'm selling you all for scientific experiments.
SON:Can't you get your balls cut off?
DAD:God would know!
SON: Why can't you make it look like an accident?!

[...followed by the venerable classic Every Sperm is Sacred... ]

I'm also reminded here of an old Jewish saying that God created people because God loves a good story...

Anyhow, I'd venture to guess that not too many of us who do believe in God, conceive of God as some remote creature stuck out there somewhere, gazing voyeuristically in and keeping score..."Godliness" (or whatever term you prefer) is more about loving and honoring God by loving and honoring God's creation, as best as we know how based on revelation, tradition and prayer.

But I'll make sure to check under my nightstand, behind my bed and inside my closet before turning in/on tonight, just in case. :wink:

Last edited:
Dreadsox said:

Scream OH GOD...it helps

this is by far the funniest reply I've ever seen..:lol:

but to answer the question I never think of God when I'm having sex, at least not in a religious context

yolland said:
I'm also reminded of an old Jewish saying that God created people because God loves a good story...

great saying.

sometimes, i really wish i were Jewish.

though being a Catholic and having a mother from Brooklyn, i feel pretty close.

;)

[Q]Anyhow, I'd venture to guess that not too many of us who do believe in God, conceive of God as some remote creature stuck out there somewhere, gazing voyeuristically in and keeping score..."Godliness" (or whatever term you prefer) is more about loving and honoring God by loving and honoring God's creation, as best as we know how based on revelation, tradition and prayer.[/Q]

really? and i thought God sat there taking notes and composing a "Naughty/Nice" list like Santa Claus.

i mean, if it scares little Christian kids into being good for a few weeks in December, it stands to reason that this would be a great thing to tell your peasants so they won't complaing about how you're tithing them to death and they're starving.

God and Sex and Junior high school thinking

Mrs. Edge said:
For those of you who are religious (doesn't matter what religion really), do you ever get embarassed or self conscious while having sex

how about the time you took that big smelly, loud, window clattering _ _ _ _.

nevermind, thats right your a lady.

Mrs. Edge said:
I should probably mention that I am not religious at all, but the thought popped into my head the other day,
This would explain quite a few things! :yell:

Oh well, at least I finally know it's not me! :lol:

This is something I really struggle. I tend to think sex is gross and dirty, yet the Bible is all for it and that means God is too. I try not to think about God watching me when having sex with my husband. It's uncomfortable enough as it is. I'm weird.

Sex aside, the idea that God "watches" down on us is not entirely theologically correct. To say God is always watching us attributes something human (watching, seeing, etc) to something divine. As always, humans don't have the ability to entirely understand God and all the characteristics of God, so we use analogies that bring God down to our level in order to try to understand.

So no, it doesn't creep me out that God might be "watching" me do anything :shrug:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
As always, humans don't have the ability to entirely understand God and all the characteristics of God, so we use analogies that bring God down to our level in order to try to understand.

This is not necessarily true for all religions.

Irvine511 said:

doesn't Prince believe in that? that the way to see God, or at least visit, is through the achievement of the ultimate orgasm -- that each orgasm is a window into the afterlife?

lol

Prince believes/ says a lot.. this mans got his very own universe of do´s and donts :D

joyfulgirl nails it.

god is love, when sex is love sex is god.

no one brought up tantra so i´ll mention it here.

:shrug:

If/when I come face to face with god, I don't see myself as having any major regrets, nor would I really challenge his judgement, I guess.

============

Oddly enough, sometimes I get somewhat turned on when I go to church. I'm not religious, and I'm not sexually twisted, but I guess it is just a reoccuring situation that was planted in my head. To be breif, *blatantlyinconsiderateofifanyonereallywantstoknow*, it is a strange sort of sex/love/marriage/weddingnight/deeplove/sexualdesire/legendarylove sort of thing :uhoh:

And it happens most when I am traveling and I go to a church in someone elses town. I guess my mind wanders. But it so strange for me, because I have my ins and outs in regard to Christianity and such. So there is respect, and reverence, but also a distance.

=

As per the origin of the thread...

You know, I've been thinking about sex lately ( :der: ), but in regards to "sin", that aspect of it. It is definitely a primal thing, sex. I'm conflicted, because I respect sex, the urge, the pleasure. But at the same time, I don't think about sex in the same way I used to. Like most teenage guys, a lot of it just came down to being horny, I admit that. But now, I can't honestly say that I think about hunting down a woman just because I want to bang her.

I think a deeper level is involving emotions and sentiment, making it more an experience for two people, rather than one persons need.

And I think when it becomes a deep thing like that, sure, it is borderline spiritual. Two people connecting, generating life.

It is a miracle, in one sense.

I could feel ashamed of sex. If I raped a girl, yeah, I wouldn't want god to see that, and it would be really difficult for me to see it, to live with it too. Or if there was some sort of dishonesty or something. Or maybe even if I thought I was getting played somehow, I don't know. There are exceptions, as in all things.

But ideally..........
I want god to be proud of me when I choose to have sex.
I would want him to be proud of my choice, of my reasoning.
I would want it to be a spiritual, special thing, that god would approve of. Something on a higher level.

That....... and...........
I guess a sort of icing on the cake would be doing it well enough to have god go "That's ma' boy!!!! :rockon: "

lol :laugh: :shrug: :macdevil: :wink: ...Oh well, we all need to strive for something.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom