The Toll Grows Higher - Page 21 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2005, 02:58 PM   #301
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:06 PM
This is my second most disappointing day in this community. I would never dream of interfering in another members thread.

It is disappointing because I cannot even immagine disrupting a thread that has existed for 18 months. A thread in which I posted names of people I knew. Names of people whose family I sit in the pews with a church. names of people who my colleagues taught.

There is no other point of view here. If it were a funeral or a memorial in the fucking real world you would not put it up to a vote. You would deal with the person disrupting the memorial. having served in the military, having lost a member of my community who I worshipped with I see no other point of view.

I FAIL to understand why it would even be entertained that this thread might be closed. I FAIL to understand why, if someone felt so strongly about other deaths, they could not start their own thread. I cannot immagine why a member of this forum would be allowed to treat others this way.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:43 AM   #302
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:06 AM
Hope that´s in STYLE

Army Staff Sgt. Thomas E. Vitagliano

33, of New Haven, Conn.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, Camp Casey, Korea; killed Jan. 17 when a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated near his position in Ramadi, Iraq. Also killed was Army Pfc. George R. Geer.

Marine Cpl. Paul C. Holter III

21, of Corpus Christi, Texas; assigned to 2nd Battalion, 11th Marine Regiment, 1st Marine Division, I Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Pendleton, Calif.; died Jan. 14 in a non-combat-related incident at Camp Ramadi, Iraq.

Army Pfc. George R. Geer

27, of Cortez, Colo.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, Camp Casey, Korea; killed Jan. 17 when a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated near his position in Ramadi, Iraq. Also killed was Army Staff Sgt. Thomas E. Vitagliano.

Army Pfc. Francis C. Obaji

21, of Queens Village, N.Y.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 69th Infantry Regiment, New York Army National Guard, New York, N.Y.; died Jan. 17 in the 86th Combat Support Hospital, Baghdad, after he was involved in a motor vehicle accident Jan. 16 in Baghdad.

Army Spc. Alain L. Kamolvathin

21, of Blairstown, N.J.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 69th Infantry Regiment, New York Army National Guard, New York, N.Y.; killed Jan. 16 in a motor vehicle accident in Baghdad.

Army Sgt. Nathaniel T. Swindell

24, of Bronx, N.Y.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 24th Infantry Regiment, Fort Lewis, Wash.; died Jan. 15 of a non-combat-related injury in Mosul, Iraq.

Marine Sgt. Jayton D. Patterson

26, of Sedley, Va.; assigned to 1st Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, 2nd Marine Division, II Marine Expeditionary Force, Camp Lejeune, N.C.; killed Jan. 15 by enemy action in Babil province, Iraq.

Old 01-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #303
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by whenhiphopdrovethebigcars
Hope that´s in STYLE
I'd like to ask what you mean by this. I lost someone I knew over there, so I don't appreciate your sarcasm, if that's what your intent was. I think you made your point long ago.

I'm done w/ any participation in this thread or any future thread.
Old 01-20-2005, 11:30 AM   #304
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

I'd like to ask what you mean by this. I lost someone I knew over there, so I don't appreciate your sarcasm, if that's what your intent was. I think you made your point long ago.

I'm done w/ any participation in this thread or any future thread.
No sarcasm intended. Just wanted to ask if that is the style the creator of this thread, Dreadsox, who I respect, wishes. Indeed, I hope so.

Please refrain from future personal posts regarding your interpretation of my contributions. To mention the possibility that I am sarcastic towards those who fight in a cruel war, is the best compliment I got as of today thanks a lot, I really needed that.

As to your participation: personally I don´t give a fuck if you post here or not (others may care for that, I don´t) - so don´t play that stupid victimizing game with me yeah, I am so cruel, baby and you are so poor - while the real victims, including soldiers of the U.S. Army and the person you knew over there, are thousands of miles away.

This thread is a memorial thread. If there ´s anything else you want to reply to me, post another thread. Thank you.
Old 01-20-2005, 03:16 PM   #305
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:06 PM
Okay, please let's not now stoop to personal attacks in this thread, too.

Hiphop..., that was simply uncalled for. You really ought to know better than to post in such a way. And I don't just mean your last post, either--the "Hope that's in STYLE" comment really wasn't necessary, either.

Any other discussions that need to happen here that aren't related to tragic deaths, please take them off the forum.

Join Amnesty.
Old 01-20-2005, 09:57 PM   #306
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Yeah pax I love you too

Two more tragic deaths:

Army Pfc. Jesus Fonseca

19, of Marietta, Ga.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 503rd Infantry Regiment, 2nd Infantry Division, Camp Casey, Korea; killed Jan. 17 when a vehicle-borne improvised explosive device detonated near his position in Ramadi, Iraq.

Army Capt. Christopher J. Sullivan

29, of Princeton, Mass.; assigned to the 1st Battalion, 5th Cavalry Regiment, 1st Cavalry Division, Fort Hood, Texas; killed Jan. 18 when an improvised explosive device detonated near his parked vehicle in Baghdad.
Old 01-26-2005, 07:47 AM   #307
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

31 Marines die in helicopter crash

Thirty freakin' one.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6847225/

Join Amnesty.
Old 01-26-2005, 11:27 AM   #308
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

31... the toll grows higher. Prayers and respect to the young men. May they rest in peace.
Old 01-26-2005, 01:38 PM   #309
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Very unfortunate, they are worthy of our utmost respect.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:57 PM   #310
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Elsewhere Sunday, three U.S. soldiers died when their vehicle rolled into a canal near Balad during a combat patrol, the U.S. 1st Infantry Division reported.
Old 03-21-2005, 11:48 PM   #311
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:06 PM
Faces of the Fallen
Old 04-22-2005, 06:20 PM   #312
The Fly

Local Time: 02:06 AM
Another thing to mention is all men and women who have been permanently injured and can never do what they used to be able to do again. I am in Iraq right now and I have lost good friends. I have seen so many more injured for the rest of thier lives. I'm a soldier in Mosul and it takes its tole on all of us...thank for all the support from everyone out there
Old 04-22-2005, 07:02 PM   #313
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:06 PM
Let me personally say thank you, to you and to all those who fight and have sacrificed to make Iraq free and protect that freedom.
Old 04-23-2005, 11:29 AM   #314
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I second that, I appreciate your contribution. You are very brave.
Old 04-27-2005, 05:35 AM   #315
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us, madroseka, and best wishes to you and your unit.

Join Amnesty.