the surge is working! - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #31
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by struckpx
so al qaeda had nothing to do w/ 9/11?? funny. check your facts.
Nobody said that. Somebody did mention that 9/11 has nothing to do with Iraq, which I believe to be true.

Quote:
saddam hussein murdered more than 1/2 million people. for anyone to defend him here is pathetic and should be axed as well. that is like defending hitler.
This is absolutely ridiculous! Who defended Saddam????? No one!

Quote:
there's evidence that al qaeda was working in iraq before hussein was relieved of power.
Oh yeah? Where's the proof?

Old 07-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #32
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 11:36 PM
Quote:

Once again, how much of Al Qaeda was in Iraq, is this the reason congress signed on? Maybe you should check facts.

Quote:

saddam hussein murdered more than 1/2 million people. for anyone to defend him here is pathetic and should be axed as well. that is like defending hitler.
Who the hell is defending him?

You should really turn off the Fox news and open up a newspaper, and the history teacher that taught you about Nixon and Vietnam should be fired...

I'd take this summer to catch up, for college is going to be full of people who are actually up on their current events and history...

Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #33
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

Once again, how much of Al Qaeda was in Iraq, is this the reason congress signed on? Maybe you should check facts.

Who the hell is defending him?

You should really turn off the Fox news and open up a newspaper, and the history teacher that taught you about Nixon and Vietnam should be fired...

I'd take this summer to catch up, for college is going to be full of people who are actually up on their current events and history...
Nixon was a good President. He just had bad people around him. He did some great things.

I don't watch FOX. I watch Tucker. He is the man.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:37 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:36 PM
Quote:

well, you see, there is a difference. liberation is where you free someone or a group of people from something. al qaeda generally straps on a bomb and blows up something. that is hardly liberation. maybe for the jihadist, but that is going against the muslim cause and most muslims would agree in that statement.

i encourage all foreign armies to bring it. i will be happy to send your ass back to where you came from. that would unite all of us under the common cause. as much as we disagree here, try and attack us, we will come together.
Yes, removing Saddam was liberating the Iraqi people from a terrible tyranny - and the bodycount and violence inflicted by Saddam was on par if not greater than that in Iraq today with the benefit (for the rest of us) that nobody had to see and Iraqi's weren't able to leave the country as easily.

Removing Saddam does not equate to fighting Al Qaeda, removing troops from Saudi Arabia and then from Iraq does, having an Iraqi state with representation from the population helps fight Al Qaeda (support for AQ in Iraq is very low - blowing up children doesn't endear them to the population, the sectarian problems in Iraq are effectively unstoppable with a unified Iraq - if partition is the path forward how many lives does it take to get there?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:41 PM   #35
Acrobat

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Yes, removing Saddam was liberating the Iraqi people from a terrible tyranny - and the bodycount and violence inflicted by Saddam was on par if not greater than that in Iraq today with the benefit (for the rest of us) that nobody had to see and Iraqi's weren't able to leave the country as easily.

Removing Saddam does not equate to fighting Al Qaeda, removing troops from Saudi Arabia and then from Iraq does, having an Iraqi state with representation from the population helps fight Al Qaeda (support for AQ in Iraq is very low - blowing up children doesn't endear them to the population, the sectarian problems in Iraq are effectively unstoppable with a unified Iraq - if partition is the path forward how many lives does it take to get there?
where do you live? I am guessing not the US, and that is why you want us to pull out from everywhere. Even the "so called man" Barack Obama has said openly he would not pull troops out of Iraq immediately. Iraq is a strategic center for the US.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:43 PM   #36
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
i encourage all foreign armies to bring it. i will be happy to send your ass back to where you came from. that would unite all of us under the common cause. as much as we disagree here, try and attack us, we will come together.
That boldfaced part just reeks of ignorance about the world! Sounds like something Bush would say.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #37
ONE
love, blood, life

Staying in Iraq will always have a level of violence, it is a question of when that baseline level of violence exceeds that which would exist when the US leaves. In peaceful areas like Kurdistan it isn't an issue, it was an autonomous region to start with, southern Iraq has powerful friends to guarantee protection, the middle class has dissapeared (and with them the shot at a peaceful unified nation), for most of the country it could be better off without foreign forces, in the ethnically mixed areas not so much.

But that calculation is impossible since it is all political and the 2008 election says that you will be stewing in malaise during your college years.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:47 PM   #38
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

where do you live? I am guessing not the US, and that is why you want us to pull out from everywhere. Even the "so called man" Barack Obama has said openly he would not pull troops out of Iraq immediately. Iraq is a strategic center for the US.
A_W was actually one of this war's biggest supporters when it started, it just took him awhile to realize this war has done nothing but head down the drain...

"so called man"?

What does this mean?
Old 07-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #39
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Nixon was a good President. He just had bad people around him. He did some great things.

I don't watch FOX. I watch Tucker. He is the man.
Revisionist and false...

But nice try avoiding the real questions of that post.

what a joke...
Old 07-09-2007, 07:51 PM   #40
Blue Crack Addict

Oooooh, BVS

Seriously though, struckpx, don't let FYM ruin your experience of interference. We in here are a particularly crazy lot regardless of political affiliation (i'm sure you've noticed...and i hope none of the regulars mind me calling them crazy )

Sometimes it just gets too intense in here and there's a time when people need to take a break before it gets too personal.

BTW I've met Tucker many times, very nice guy, disagree with him a lot though.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:53 PM   #41
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Old 07-09-2007, 07:55 PM   #42
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar

A_W was actually one of this war's biggest supporters when it started, it just took him awhile to realize this war has done nothing but head down the drain...

"so called man"?

What does this mean?
Past tense is a mistake, Saddam or his concequences would have come to a head at some stage anyway and under sanctions the bodycount was going strong.

Oh well, im sure that the Mullahs should appreciate a while of American isolationism and the absence of a fascist dictator on their doorstep (same with the Saudies for that matter).

One can't just disown views, situations change as do ones opinions of them.
Old 07-09-2007, 07:59 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Zootlesque

That boldfaced part just reeks of ignorance about the world! Sounds like something Bush would say.
Actually, it's exactly what Bush said. "Bring it on."
Well, they did. And we have over 3,000 less people in this country because of it.

Quote:
Originally posted by struckinamoment lol
Your jab at anyone who disagrees with Bush's war policy is pathetic. We can't expect more from the hardcore right-wing people who are so set in their ways that they'd defend Bush and everything he does out of principle. There's nothing patriotic about the lie we made to get into Iraq. Sure, Saddam Hussein was an asshole, I don't think anyone here would ever say anything otherwise. But the world is full of asshole dictators who are equally deserving to be removed from power. Why don't we do it? Because of the repercussions we are seeing with what we did in Iraq. It is in chaos, no matter the fluctuations in death tolls (they will drop and rise like the tide, much like everything else). It has become, as one poster said before, a breeding ground for terrorist groups who wish to retain control of a loose cannon country. All the while trying to find a way to get rid of Israel and all its allies (us).
The same thing would happen to any other country in which we would topple a dictator without any plan or backup from the United Nations to make sure that the type of government the people of said country (what! there are more choices than democracy?!) want.

And before you get all hussy about all the Democrats jumping down your throat about this, know that I'm not a Democrat, like phillyfan. It's such deep beliefs in a single party instead of the issue or the actual person that have divided this country and made us sit back and take a passerby approach at politics. We can't think of anything on our own, it just has to be told to us from one source of media, whether it be FOX or the alleged "liberal press," etc.

Anyway, I'll go back into FYM lurking right now, but I felt feisty enough to post all of this after reading most of the long, long discussions here last week.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:13 PM   #44
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Hilarious. Read my statement again:

Quote:
Originally posted by Me:
The barbarians who did that had absolutely nothing to do with Iraq, and if we hadn't invaded it, wouldn't even BE in Iraq.
Now how does that statement even come close to me saying Al Qaeda had nothing to do with 9/11? There was no significant Al Qaeda activity in Iraq prior to our invading it. All the "evidence" that has been presented so far has never been verified by anyone outside the Bush administration, and even those inside have not provided any solid evidence.
Old 07-09-2007, 08:16 PM   #45
Blue Crack Supplier

When the 9/11 commission themselves stated that there is no connection whatsoever between Iraq and 9/11, what more proof do we want???