The most trusted NEWS source in America? - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-18-2010, 11:03 PM   #196
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:24 PM
I usually say MSNBC is as biased as Fox just to get conservatives to talk to me. In reality Fox is way more biased than any other network and is a pure propaganda machine that wants nothing more than to confirm the fears of its unintelligent viewership. MSNBC is nowhere close to that. I just say it is so that I can continue discourse.

Old 12-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #197
War Child

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
So your argument is that stupid people are predisposed to watching FOX and/or that FOX caters to the stupid more than any other network?
I'm not sure if that's what the quoted writer is saying, but I wouldn't have a problem saying that at all. In fact, I'll take it further. Fox also victimizes old people.

Y'know how televangelists prey on the sick and the old? Fox News isn't all that different. They know their audience.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:01 PM   #198
War Child

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
I usually say MSNBC is as biased as Fox just to get conservatives to talk to me. In reality Fox is way more biased than any other network and is a pure propaganda machine that wants nothing more than to confirm the fears of its unintelligent viewership. MSNBC is nowhere close to that. I just say it is so that I can continue discourse.
I would agree that Fox is perhaps more organized in their bias, but they've been at it longer. And you'd never see a Fox morning show hosted by a liberal Democrat the way that MSNBC has a conservative republican host its flagship morning show.

BUT...look at what MSNBC has done to their primetime. Matthews, Keith, Rachel, Ed, Lawrence O'Donnell. Outside of Matthews, who's a fairly conservative Dem, the rest are lefties through and through. And Fox does have Shepherd Smith, who stands out as a beacon of sanity in the madness.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #199
Blue Crack Addict

The only sanity on Fox News is Bill O'Reilly on the days when he's interviewing Jon Stewart. That's it.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #200
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 06:24 PM
Heh, I'll agree with that. Those two do have a tendency to bring out the best in each other when they get together to chat. I've also seen Chris Wallace interviewed here and there, and based on what I've seen of him, he seems all right. I can deal with him okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPU2 View Post
Y'know how televangelists prey on the sick and the old? Fox News isn't all that different. They know their audience.
I said something similar some time back when discussing this with a friend.

I have a question: what's the deal with their Red Eye programming on there late at night? I've seen bits of it when flipping through the channels, and wow, it's annoying.

Angela
Old 12-19-2010, 05:16 PM   #201
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPU2 View Post
And you'd never see a Fox morning show hosted by a liberal Democrat the way that MSNBC has a conservative republican host its flagship morning show.
Scarborough (not exactly a loyal conservative) is the only right-leaning person given a slot on that network. And even then, he's surrounded by Mika, Willie Geist, Mike Barnacle, O'Donnell and others who are all libs, whereas Fox news has multiple hosts who are liberals. By the way, ED Hill, a former co-host of Fox and Friends, was no conservative...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlit_Angel View Post

I have a question: what's the deal with their Red Eye programming on there late at night? I've seen bits of it when flipping through the channels, and wow, it's annoying.
I'm curious. How so? Outside of maybe Survivor, Red Eye is my favorite tv show. If you actually watch it, it's far more edgy and rebellious than Bill Maher or Jon Stewart's shows have ever hoped to be.
Old 12-19-2010, 05:27 PM   #202
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2861U2 View Post
I'm curious. How so? Outside of maybe Survivor, Red Eye is my favorite tv show. If you actually watch it, it's far more edgy and rebellious than Bill Maher or Jon Stewart's shows have ever hoped to be.
The bits I've seen, they talk about the most banal, trivial stuff imaginable in the most obnoxious way imaginable. Just seems like it's a lot of people thinking they're funny when they're not (was kind of surprised to see Greg Proops on there once when I caught some of it, though).

I dunno. Just my observation from the glimpses I've seen. But then again, like you said, maybe I need to see more of it, I guess. Heck, if you've got a clip somewhere that can prove me wrong, feel free to share it .

Edgy or rebellious is all well and good, I love that sort of attitude in a TV show, too, but it's not the sole reason I watch the shows I do.

Angela
Old 12-19-2010, 08:05 PM   #203
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:24 PM
The mos trusted news source in America is... the BBC.
Old 12-19-2010, 08:17 PM   #204
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerhour24 View Post

and PBS and NPR as well.
Old 12-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #205
has a

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and PBS and NPR as well.
I will repost this from the Honest Media Thread:

Engineering News-Record Magazine (ENR)
-a great source of info for infrastructure, security and construction news

Construction, Building & Engineering News: ENR | McGraw-Hill Construction
Old 12-20-2010, 10:59 AM   #206
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilsFan View Post
1. Has Keith Oberman ever had anyone on his program that opposed his point of view? No. But if you think I'm wrong, please show me.

2. Has Bill O'Reilly ever had anyone on his program that opposed his point of view? Yes. Multiple times a week.

Just based on these facts, which network, MSNBC or FOX, do you think is more biased?
Old 12-20-2010, 11:01 AM   #207
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post
and PBS and NPR as well.
Both are drenched with bias although its more difficult to notice.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:17 AM   #208
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam4bono View Post
1. Has Keith Oberman ever had anyone on his program that opposed his point of view? No. But if you think I'm wrong, please show me.

2. Has Bill O'Reilly ever had anyone on his program that opposed his point of view? Yes. Multiple times a week.

Just based on these facts, which network, MSNBC or FOX, do you think is more biased?
Neither O'Reilly or Oberman are the news, they are commentators, they're allowed bias. Everyone should know this and not treat them like news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam4bono View Post
Both are drenched with bias although its more difficult to notice.
Drenched? Really? I bet you would have a hard time even pointing out doses of bias.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:22 AM   #209
The Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVS View Post
Neither O'Reilly or Oberman are the news, they are commentators, they're allowed bias. Everyone should know this and not treat them like news.
Were talking about MSNBC and FOX. Two of the most watched shows on either channel or O'Reilly and Oberman. Its obviously clear who is MORE biased!

Quote:
Drenched? Really? I bet you would have a hard time even pointing out doses of bias
Bias can easily be seen by watching what is reported and what is not reported, what comments and opinions are heard, what comments and opinions do not get heard.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:23 AM   #210
The Fly

Quote:
Maybe for the United States, but Irish Catholics in Northern Ireland would laugh at the idea of the BBC being considered a trusted news source.