The Kerry - MoveOn Connection solidifies... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-12-2004, 07:38 AM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 10,881
Local Time: 11:48 PM
They have....this is to a political organization.....not affiliated with a candidate.
__________________

__________________
Dreadsox is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 11:10 AM   #17
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 04:48 AM
This is going on mainly because the damn campaign is going to end up lasting eight months. If we could go back to choosing the nominees in convention, then have a three-month campaign the way we used to, then outrageous sums of $$ wouldn't be used like this. I wish to heck we could do this but I don't see how at this point. It's really maddening. I hate it.
__________________

__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 01:36 PM   #18
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Like the Republicans haven't been doing this for years. It's just pissing them off that Liberals are doing it so successfully finally.

Remember the healthcare reform commmercials with ? and Louise.
Move-on hasn't endorsed Kerry. Everyone of their commercials bash Bush, but do not mention Kerry. I support them as they will help keep Kerry from moving to far to the center. like the DLC.
__________________
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 01:48 PM   #19
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
Like the Republicans haven't been doing this for years. It's just pissing them off that Liberals are doing it so successfully finally.

Remember the healthcare reform commmercials with ? and Louise.
Move-on hasn't endorsed Kerry. Everyone of their commercials bash Bush, but do not mention Kerry. I support them as they will help keep Kerry from moving to far to the center. like the DLC.
The past decade the GOP has turned into the poster boy for ADD, they can't seem to remember anything.
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 02:15 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 08:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
Like the Republicans haven't been doing this for years.
Do you have a list of organizations that have accepted millions to trash Democratic presidential candidates?
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 02:36 PM   #21
New Yorker
 
Scarletwine's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Outside it's Amerika
Posts: 2,746
Local Time: 11:48 PM
I can find a few for you. They even bashed Voinovich (OH Republican Senator) for his reelection because he balked at a cap of 360B for tax cuts. (or some amount like that I can't remember exactly).

http://www.ameripac.org

http://www.cwfpac.com
http://www.lighthousepac.com
http://www.conservativeusa.org

That is just a couple. Pat Robertson's group would definitely be another - they are rolling on dough too.
__________________
Scarletwine is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 05:50 PM   #22
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 04:48 AM
That's right, it's not like the Republicans aren't doing the same thing.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 06:20 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
sue4u2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: hatching some plot, scheming some scheme
Posts: 6,628
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
I can find a few for you. They even bashed Voinovich (OH Republican Senator) for his reelection because he balked at a cap of 360B for tax cuts. (or some amount like that I can't remember exactly).

http://www.ameripac.org

http://www.cwfpac.com
http://www.lighthousepac.com
http://www.conservativeusa.org

That is just a couple. Pat Robertson's group would definitely be another - they are rolling on dough too.
Thank You
__________________
sue4u2 is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 06:21 PM   #24
ONE
love, blood, life
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 11,961
Local Time: 11:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine
Like the Republicans haven't been doing this for years. It's just pissing them off that Liberals are doing it so successfully finally.
that doesn't make it right. i'm not a republican and i still think it sucks - just as much as i think it sucks when other groups, like the ones you listed, do it.
__________________
Screaming Flower is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 06:51 PM   #25
Blue Crack Addict
 
nbcrusader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Southern California
Posts: 22,071
Local Time: 08:48 PM
There are more PAC's on earth than I'd care to count. Both sides have played the game for years.

The issue with MoveOn was the alleged coordination between the group and the Kerry campaign. Kerry's hiring of one of MoveOn's directors didn't help dispel the allegation.
__________________
nbcrusader is offline  
Old 04-12-2004, 07:17 PM   #26
Blue Crack Addict
 
verte76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: hoping for changes
Posts: 23,331
Local Time: 04:48 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
There are more PAC's on earth than I'd care to count. Both sides have played the game for years.

The issue with MoveOn was the alleged coordination between the group and the Kerry campaign. Kerry's hiring of one of MoveOn's directors didn't help dispel the allegation.
True. Two wrongs don't make a right. Technically I am an independent myself, not a Democrat.
__________________
verte76 is offline  
Old 04-13-2004, 12:12 AM   #27
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,684
Local Time: 10:48 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
There are more PAC's on earth than I'd care to count. Both sides have played the game for years.

The issue with MoveOn was the alleged coordination between the group and the Kerry campaign. Kerry's hiring of one of MoveOn's directors didn't help dispel the allegation.
MoveOn has been around for a long before Kerry. Also I think this country has seen something it hasn't for awhile and that's the ABB movement. When else has there been such a movement, I know liberals who would rather see Pee Wee Herman as president rather than Bush. MoveOn is a liberal organization and they were just doing everything every other liberal was doing and that was making sure we get Bush out. I don't think there is any conspiracy, but on the same note I'm not saying the ABB attitude is right or that I completely agree with these types of relationships. BUT everyone does it and this one is no better or worse than any of the others.
__________________

__________________
BVS is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com