Terrible twos?? or Have you been a victim of a MEAN GIRL? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Old 05-10-2005, 08:30 PM   #16
Blue Crack Addict
Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Local Time: 05:05 AM
4th grade was my hellish year. It was bad enough with the kids at school treating me like crap, along with other really weird and awful things going on, but to top it all off, my grandma died that year, too. There was one good thing that happened to me that year, otherwise, it was a real downer.

But elementary school in general is not looked back upon with fondness by me. Middle school, there's good moments and bad moments I recall. High school, nothing real bad there-good memories overall in that department .

Old 05-11-2005, 04:37 AM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:05 AM
Girls can be very mean...I was never a victim, but I chose to hang with the boys a lot more than the girls.
I was one of those kids that got in a lot of fights (fistfights) but it was because I was friends with a lot of nerdier boys and they got picked on, so I beat up the bullies
The mean girls just made me so sick I didnt want to be around them. Ever. So I just didnt.

Old 05-11-2005, 07:31 AM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 04:05 AM
there was a girl that i went to school with that was mean to everyone, including me. she was a terrible bully. years later, when i was in university, i heard from a friend of a friend of a friend that someone had spoken with this girl and she said that she really regretted her behaviour in school. i guess no one really kept in touch with her after high school and when she ran into people from school, they didn't want to talk to her (this happened when she walked into a store that i was working at, i just ignored her).

oh well, you reap what you sow, i guess.
Old 05-11-2005, 01:01 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 04:05 AM
Re: Terrible twos?? or Have you been a victim of a MEAN GIRL?

Other research at BYU has shown that physically and relationally aggressive children are more likely to have parents who discipline with psychological control and manipulation, withdrawing love, avoiding eye contact and laying guilt trips on the kids.
makes sense
Old 05-11-2005, 02:52 PM   #20
War Child
Local Time: 10:05 AM
Are some children born to bully? Or is it learned at home? Either way, it's a reprehensible failure on the part of the parents when this sort of behavior is either allowed or encouraged.
Old 05-11-2005, 03:54 PM   #21
Blue Crack Addict
Location: This is an environment of welcoming, and you should just get the hell out of here
Local Time: 06:05 AM
Middle school was hell for me because of the girls in my class. I switched schools and had to go into therapy as a result of their actions.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:05 AM
Don't know if children are born as bullies, but sometimes it's as if kids are driven by an instinct to single out those who they perceive as different to them - too fat, too thin, kids with red hair or unusual name, etc.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:36 PM   #23
War Child
Local Time: 08:05 PM
I wouldn't say I was a Mean Girl in school....but I was quite outspoken with classmates and teachers....but never picked on anyone......