Ter. Heinz-Kerry: potentially the worst 1st Lady we've had ..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Okay! Since I'm not running for office either, I can finally bust out those GW monkey pics I've been too polite to post!!!

U2democrat said:
all you strong, opinionated women out there....take a bow!!!!

:bow:

and :bow: Teresa HK. I think she'll be able to hold her own and not let some of these "out of context" reporters get away with the bs they are used to getting away.
Even Laura Bush said recently, she fully understands trick questions and it didn't bother her that Teresa HK could forget she has been a teacher and libraian and she accepted her apology.

Class act that Mrs. Bush. :bow: to her as well.

Clark W. Griswold said:
Poor speaking skills and even worse temper.. She's not anywhere close to being in the same league as:

Laura Bush- well spoken and charming
Clinton- Smarter than Willy several times over. I would never vote for her but if anyone deserved to be the original "First Husband" .........
B Bush- grandmotherly and witty
Reagan- terrific lady. did well with charity work
Carter- Southern charm
Ford- Okay, a pill popping drunk but her husband used the ramp of air force one as his own personal sliding board so give her a break.
Nixon- too young to remember her but seamed OK.
Johnson- before my time
Kennedy- schwing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love your screen name :laugh:

Here is a First Lady that is nobody's poodle.

Cherie Blair lambasts Bush over human rights

NICHOLAS CHRISTIAN

CHERIE Blair has criticised the policies of the US President George W Bush, attacking his stance on terrorist prisoners and gay rights.

The Prime Minister’s wife was condemned by supporters of the US President, after a speech to Harvard law students which contained a stinging rebuke to Bush, while on a lecture tour of the United States.

She attacked the manner in which the White House has dealt with the human rights of UK citizens detained at the US-run Camp X-Ray prison at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.

Blair said the decision by the US Supreme Court, fiercely opposed by Bush’s government, to give legal protection to two of the Britons detained at the camp was "profoundly important" and a "significant victory for human rights and the international rule of law".

She took a sideswipe at Bush’s record on gay rights, condemning the arrest of a homosexual couple in the President’s home state of Texas, for defying a ban on gay sex. The US Supreme Court’s decision to throw out the law, which had been backed by Bush, was a "model of judicial reasoning". Blair also called the US legal code an "outdated grandfather clock".

The controversial speech was seen as flying in the face of long-held tradition that British political figures, and those close to them, do not criticise other countries during foreign visits.

Doing so just days before the US elections makes the intervention all the more embarrassing for Prime Minister Tony Blair as well as Bush.

A Downing Street spokesman said: "These were not political opinions but, as an international human rights lawyer, she was expressing a view about the use of the Supreme Court in the American judicial system."

diamond said:
out.php

I guess Bush supporters have a think for goats.

W's favorite book is about a little goat.

Bono's American Wife said:
Okay! Since I'm not running for office either, I can finally bust out those GW monkey pics I've been too polite to post!!!

Let's have 'em!!

Um... I'm all for strong women but she's still too extreme. Is it ok for Kerry or Bush to tell someone to shove it? No. The media would be all over that, even more so than with Teresa. Stop acting like evil biggoted men are running this country and that we only pick on women like Teresa. No one gets away with what she did, NOT EVEN MEN.

lol wanderer.

I think i took your comment in the wrong way shart.

I don't really care if someone wants to say shove it or fuck off, politicians are people too. Actually I would probably get a kick out of it if the president swore unless he was cursing someone out.

I actually wasn't all that upset when Cheney said that. He's a human being. He was exasperated with Senator Leahy over all sorts of tough questions about Haliburton, and he blew his cool. So what? That sort of thing happens every day. We're not supposed to curse in the library, but what do you think that stuff is we are muttering to ourselves when we've got a security problem and have to call the cops? Uh, :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:

They were not just tough questions, they were some over the top points to which I probably would have said FOAD. I applaud Cheney only sticking to the first part.

Jamila said:
In the final analysis, it doesn't matter who is the First Lady because she has no official government duties.

The important thing to focus on is:ARE YOU BETTER OFF THAN YOU WERE FOUR YEARS AGO? :ohmy:

By the weak performance of the economy as it affects the average American, the rise in poverty in the USA, the MASSIVE DEFICIT THAT STANDS TO BANKRUPT THE AMERICAN ECONOMY, the corporate taxbreaks that rewards the rich at the expense of the poor in the USA, the continued threat to our environment by the Bush Administration so that it can allow companies to destroy our national parks and....

the WAR WITH NO END. THE QUICKSAND CALLED IRAQ which continues to suck the blood out of the American economy and divides this country - THESE ARE THE ISSUES IMPORTANT TO THIS ELECTION - not how charming the First Lady will be! :tsk:

The First Lady is not our mommy - but her husband will either lead this country to a more economically stable future well respected by other countries

or continue to destroy the fabric of the American economy in his foolhardy pursuit of his ego-driven attempt to rule the world. :|

DEFINITELY TIME FOR REGIME CHANGE....:yes:

That´s the point my friend, I agree :yes: An election is not a stupid joke, is not about how a first lady speaks, how she looks, her color eyes, her shoes, her jacket, etc, etc :mad:
By the way, for us, not U.S people, BY FAR, the worst ever first lady has been Barbara Bush, the Margaret Tatcher from United States. She´s the godfather of Bush´s family, with all her stupid facism

It´s no secret Bush is the number 1 enemy of Greenpeace and other activist organizations. It´s no secret Bush is the most hated president in the world :evil:. It´s no secret Bush actually hate latins in United States, despite there are more Latins than Black ones in United States, and he still has the image of a black and white country :(. It´s no secret U.S ecomy is going down and down with Bush. It´s no secret Bush is an international liar, etc, etc that kind of facts are more important than a first lady´s speech :censored:

We're voting for a President, not a First Lady. The First Lady is really sort of an accident, she's the woman who happens to be married to the guy we elect President. The First Lady doesn't pick the Cabinet, hold meetings with Representatives and Senator, veto bills, or anything else really important.

thank you, ponkine, for your kind words. :applaud:

What U.S. citizens have to remember is that the upcoming election IS NOT A FOOTBALL GAME!

It's not about who scores the biggest goal of the game or who can psyche out his opponent the best - IT'S ABOUT WHAT SORT OF FUTURE DO WE WANT TO LEAVE OUR CHILDREN? :yes:

If you want to leave them a country STRADDLED IN DEBT, hated by the rest of the world, with an ECONOMY WHICH IS GETTING WORSE for the average working class American with no future plans for health care for large numbers of American citizens - then get in that booth and vote for Bush!

But if you want our country to try to rebuild itself, to work co-operatively with other nations, to try its best to bring health care to the majority of our citizens, to protect our national parks and resources and to try its best to GET OUR COUNTRY OUT OF DEBT AND REBUILD OUR ECONOMY - then VOTE FOR KERRY!

Everything else is fluff - keep your eyes on the prize and KNOW THAT YOUR VOTE IS ESSENTIAL TO THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY.

This is a fight for our lives and our futures....:up:

Jamila said:
thank you, ponkine, for your kind words. :applaud:

What U.S. citizens have to remember is that the upcoming election IS NOT A FOOTBALL GAME!

It's not about who scores the biggest goal of the game or who can psyche out his opponent the best - IT'S ABOUT WHAT SORT OF FUTURE DO WE WANT TO LEAVE OUR CHILDREN? :yes:

If you want to leave them a country STRADDLED IN DEBT, hated by the rest of the world, with an ECONOMY WHICH IS GETTING WORSE for the average working class American with no future plans for health care for large numbers of American citizens - then get in that booth and vote for Bush!

But if you want our country to try to rebuild itself, to work co-operatively with other nations, to try its best to bring health care to the majority of our citizens, to protect our national parks and resources and to try its best to GET OUR COUNTRY OUT OF DEBT AND REBUILD OUR ECONOMY - then VOTE FOR KERRY!

Everything else is fluff - keep your eyes on the prize and KNOW THAT YOUR VOTE IS ESSENTIAL TO THE FUTURE OF OUR COUNTRY.

This is a fight for our lives and our futures....:up:

Wait, you're saying all this and you're from Texas? don't they throw you in jail for voting for Kerry down there? Good luck -- we'll start collecting bail money.

Actually, sharky, many of us down here ARE concerned about having our votes stolen by the Republicans down here.

Thank God I live in Austin which is one of the few progressive oases in Texas, so I hope my vote is secure.:wink:

But it IS a very restrictive atmosphere down here in the "homeland" of Bush, Cheney and the most dangerous politician in Congress, Tom DeLay.

But, until Bush is successful in ceding Texas back to Mexico (it's a Texas thang - you wouldn't understand), we continue to assume that the USA is still a democracy and will fight for our right to voice our opinions. :up:

And to think I moved here from Wisconsin five years ago!

I would even be willing to see my beloved Packers lose to the Redskins if that would help Kerry:

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/afp/20041101/sp_afp/us_vote_myths

Hope my pain is Kerry's gain! :lmao:

If that's your choice, headache.

But the awful truth is that more and more Americans ARE NOT BETTER OFF than they wer four years ago economically. (remember all those reports and statistics we've all commented about?)

For those who are not better off than they were four years ago, I suggest a different path, a different course of action for our country. :yes:

Simply put, John Kerry is not our savior, but he won't lead us down the path of self-destruction that Bush has.

TOMORROW - TIME FOR REGIME CHANGE....:up:

back to the topic-
how about when teresa made a fool of herself and thought laura never had a 'real job'.

:hmm:to me i think it's a sub-conscious jealously thing.
teresa knows that gw didn't marry laura for her money so teresa's insecurities showed up in those disparging comments about laura.

db9

So John Kerry married Teresa for her money? What's your source for that? They seem in love to me :shrug:

I'm not better off than I was, but that's not why I'm voting the way I am. I happen to think that many people are worse off, and that's one reason, among others, for my vote.

if u missed the debate where it came out how gw saw laura at the bbq and how it was 'love at first site'..

while kerry spoke of his ma and then that he had married up.etc..

it was kind of awkward and a contrast between the 2 gentlemen and a description of their love and admiration for their wives.

huge contrast.:ohmy:

i think silently mrs ketchup felt sleighted :|

diamond said:
if u missed the debate where it came out how gw saw laura at the bbq and how it was 'love at first site'..

while kerry spoke of his ma and then that he had married up.etc..

it was kind of awkward and a contrast between the 2 gentlemen and a description of their love and admiration for their wives.

huge contrast.:ohmy:

i think silently mrs ketchup felt sleighted :|

Can you read the minds of all women? That must come in handy?

yes.
mel gibson helps me:):wink:

seriously-
based on ms heinz comments about laura after that debate it's not too hard to connect the dots.

she comes across as jealous and hurt by lashing out at one of the most favored 1st ladies this country has ever seen:hmm:

i speculate it's based partly on that night by how both husbands answered the question about loving their wives.

db9

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom