Star Trek's 7 of 9 and Senator Kerry = Potential Problem - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2004, 11:39 AM   #1
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:12 PM
Star Trek's 7 of 9 and Senator Kerry = Potential Problem

How does Star Trek 7 of 9

have any influence of the election?

Well, Ms. Jeri Ryan's divorce was supposedly sealed. Unfortunately, for Ms. Ryan, her ex-husband decided to run for Senate. He was one of the Republican partys' rising stars. He made lots of money, became filthy rich, then decided to teach in the deapest of darkest inner city areas. Then he began his campaign for senate.

Well, in a political move, someone tried to open the divorce records. The Ryan's did not want it known that Mr. Ryan had been bringing Mrs. Ryan to sex clubs in order to get it on with strange men in front of Mr. Ryan and others. The Ryans wanted this sealed to prevent it from getting in the news because they have a child.

Well, in a politically damaging result, the judge ordered the records unsealed, citing public interest outways the young childs. The records were unsealed and Mr. Ryan, favored to win an important senate seat, was forced to withdraw from the race.

Mr. Kerry, because this potentially knocked off a front runner from the Republican party should be concerned. His divorce records are sealed. They are now going to be requested to be opened because of the ruling in the Ryan case.

What will we find in here? Will it knock Kerry out of the race? Is it true that Mrs. Kerry wanted a divorce because of the hardship of being a politicians wife? Or is there something damaging that has been kept from the public for all these years? Unfortunately, it was done to a Republican and I am betting it is going to happen to Kerry next. Time will tell if there is anything in there that will effect this race.

Old 06-29-2004, 11:43 AM   #2
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 03:12 AM
Is there anything like respecting privacy even if the person is a celeb or politican?

Old 06-29-2004, 11:44 AM   #3
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 02:12 AM
can we make all KERRY and BUSH threads as one.. i am sure kerry and bush wont like that idea
Old 06-29-2004, 11:45 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

The judge ruled that it is unfair to allow the wealthy to get their records sealed. It sets legal ground for Kerry's to be opened.
Old 06-29-2004, 11:57 AM   #5
you are what you is

so because Mr. Ryan is a pervert
we also suspect that Kerry at least tried to sell his wife as a sex slave to some russian mafia bosses and that's why she wanted a divorce?

or am I missing the point of this touching story?
“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 06-29-2004, 12:06 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Since Kerry is already a senator, maybe he can claim 'executive privilege'. That seems to be getting a lot of people out of trouble these days.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:14 PM   #7
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:12 PM
What the hell is wrong with this judge claiming that public interest outweighs the interests of their child?

And Kerry's potential skeletons in the closet is somehow more important? Who the hell cares!

Priorities are clearly in the right place with this one.

Not you Dread, whoever decided to originally link these 2 random divorces.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:18 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Klaus
Is there anything like respecting privacy even if the person is a celeb or politican?

If it were Bush, would you care?
Old 06-29-2004, 12:21 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Where did I imply that Senator Kerry was running around to sex clubs? the point is, it was done to a Republican Candidate, without any concern for his child, and he was forced out of the race because of it.

Senator Kerry has sealed divorce records. It is the window of opportunity to see if there is something that caused him to have them sealed.

Example: Senator Kerry was having difficulties with post traumatic stress, and it was too much for his wife to bear.

It does not have to do with sex necessarily.

It was done to a Republican and it is my contention that it will be attempted to be done to Senator Kerry.

Angela, I linked it myself, long before you heard it anywhere else. Political skeletons, or insight into the person running for office. This was opened up by people trying to take down a Republican, my big point is it was not necessary to do it this way, because it now opens up the same for potential democratic candidates. They won the battle at what price.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:22 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

My example is just that an example. No fact behind it....yet
Old 06-29-2004, 12:24 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:12 PM
It appears as if the request for Ryan's records was short sighted. It creates a principle that people don't want universally applied.

I am sure requests have already been made for Kerry's records. With the Ryan precedent, it is hard to argue on principle why Kerry's records should be treated differently.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:28 PM   #12
War Child

Local Time: 07:12 PM
I knew Hillary was going to run for president this time. /sarcasm
Old 06-29-2004, 12:29 PM   #13
Jesus Online

His marriage is not really anyone's business. A divorce even less so.

Dont you find it a little stomach churning that some people out there want to know details of someone's personal life? Is nothing sacred? Whatever happened in his marriage would have absolutely no consequence on his ability to run your country. Though I question whether he can, his marriage is not anyone's business.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:30 PM   #14
Jesus Online

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
It appears as if the request for Ryan's records was short sighted. It creates a principle that people don't want universally applied.

I am sure requests have already been made for Kerry's records. With the Ryan precedent, it is hard to argue on principle why Kerry's records should be treated differently.
The precedent was wrong. That divorce should never have been unsealed and the judge should have some explaining to do. Pity it wont happen.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:30 PM   #15
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

You have said it better than I you lawyer you!