Star Trek's 7 of 9 and Senator Kerry = Potential Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
melon said:

This whole thread is, frankly, stupid. This, and several other anti-Kerry threads in here seem to be the equivalent of grasping for straws, when, clearly, you already hate Kerry, although I'm not completely sure *why* yet. I know why most here hate Bush, whether it be his ineloquence or his lying to justify the war in Iraq.

I am not sure how this thread is a personal attack on kerry? Grasping at straws? His are sealed, and I believe we are reaching a new low in politics republican or democrat it matters not. If we are unsealing one, we should unseal the other.....

And that to me is sad but in the interests of fairness, why not.

Dreadsox said:
#1 I think sealed records should remain sealed.
#2 I think it was a mistake to unseal the Ryans records.
#3 I think it is opening up a door that should not be opened.
#4 I think Kerry is going to have to fight to keep his sealed.

Then the Ryans should have exercised their right to appeal!

And they didn't!

It is THEIR fault!

Melon

Thanks Zoney. I was away from my computer all day but was going to report the same thing. This has been all over the news here.

I agree it's his personal life and really shouldn't be brought into his running, except that there were some minor implications that she wasn't exactly a willing party to all of this. But then again it's he said, she said.

What the Ryan case really come down to is it's entirely his and his party's own fault. He shot himself in the foot. There was no dirty politics here. Just dirty sex.

I am going to mention Michael Moore in every single FYM thread from now on

zoney! said:
well, I see a lot of facts missing from a story you are trying to tell.
what does Moore have to do with this thread?

Dreadsox said:

You could make it personal if you want:wink:

The purpose of the thread was NOT to bash Kerry. If that is what you think, then you are sorely mistaken.

#1 I think sealed records should remain sealed.
#2 I think it was a mistake to unseal the Ryans records.
#3 I think it is opening up a door that should not be opened.
#4 I think Kerry is going to have to fight to keep his sealed.

I agree with #1-3 and hope that #4 doesn't happen. I also think that it shouldn't have happened to Clinton.

I like Salome's new touch/spin on FYM!

Dreadsox said:
you are reading that much into something I typed, I can only say no, that is not what I was saying....

I did realize that. I was doing what you often do...read into things. I was not telling you specifically to hold your horses/do not throw barbs (poor lady always gets thrown around)...it was everyone.

I wanted to make sure that everyone knew the whole story before going off in uniformed tangents.

Personal beliefs....I am PISSED that he was forced out. Ryan made the Illinois Democrats work harder to get Obama elected. It is unfortunate. And, really.....what he asks his wife to do inside (or outside) of the bedroom (wink wink) is their business. As for the Chicago Tribune and the Television station filing the lawsuit...I agree with it. It is WHAT you do with it, though, that I do not agree with. They went overboard. Again...his sexual life is his own.

Now...lets put some additional resposibility on Ryan....he KNEW this stuff was in there. He should have been up front with the Republican Party. If he told them up front, they might have been better prepared to handle the release of the records, and spin it as "this is his own private life." And, as Melon says...the Ryan's should have appealed the decision.

Re: I like Salome's new touch/spin on FYM!

zoney! said:

I did realize that. I was doing what you often do...read into things. I was not telling you specifically to hold your horses/do not throw barbs (poor lady always gets thrown around)...it was everyone.

Its a talent I wish I did not have.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom