Spiritual Hero of 2005

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Doozer61

Blue Crack Addict
Science of Mind Magazine has made a wise choice :up:

http://www.scienceofmind.com/site/magazine/feature_01.html

28614index_cover-january.jpg

Last edited:
Well, it's clear that Bono is making an impression outside the world of rock 'n roll. He deserves every award and accolade he gets. He's done some pretty amazing things.

We have a thread running in "The Goal is Soul" forum on this.

I finally found the magazine and would highly recommend people getting a copy of it.

The article on Bono is well-written and original and is quite lengthy.

http://www.scienceofmind.com

Plus it has several other articles in it that are very interesting and inspirational to read also. :wink:

Doug, this was taken from my church home page. (namasteplace.com) Hope this helps.

here is what we think:

There is no devil. God is all there is in the Universe. There is only One Power and that is God. God is Intelligence, Energy, Love, Abundance, and the Creative source back of all things. Each human being is a creation of God, made in Its image and likeness, with the choice of how to use universal principles. Evil is a result of man’s misuse of these principles, and not sourced by a separate power.
God is not human, and has no gender or limiting human emotion such as anger, wrath, vengefulness, or jealousy. God does not ever deny us or punish us but has provided the Law of Cause and Effect that says that whatever we believe, we create. We experience the consequences of this freedom of choice, never punishment by God.

The “Word” of God is the great Causative Power of the Universe. God is eternally initiating the Divine Creative Process. Since the human spirit is One with Universal Spirit, our thought is creative and we re-enact in microcosm the Divine Creative Process in our lives.

here is what we're not:

We do not teach you what to think. We support independent, positive, life-giving, affirmative thinking as the approach to even the most difficult of life situations. We are not a cult devoted to or obsessed with a person or principle. We do not worship a leader or a book, nor do we look to UFO’s, crystals, tarot cards or even Jesus to save us. We deplore judgment and prejudice toward any people no matter what their race, religion or sexual orientation.
We do not proselytize, evangelize or attempt to convert anyone.

We are not the same as Christian Science and we have no association with Scientology. We are not a “New Age” church.

I saw these statements on the www.religiousscience.org site:

We believe in the healing of the sick through the power of this Mind.

We believe in the control of conditions through the power of this Mind.

How does this reconcile with use of modern medicine?

Doozer, thanks for the explanation. That sounds a lot like a church (Fountain Street) in my city. It's really open-ended (even more than what you describe, b/c they don't necessarily worship the Christian God or read the Bible). They get a lot of crap for being so ambiguous, but like my mom says, she worked for two physicians and the "Christian" one was always rude and stingy while the one that went to Fountain Street was polite and generous.

nbcrusader said:
I saw these statements on the www.religiousscience.org site:

We believe in the healing of the sick through the power of this Mind.

We believe in the control of conditions through the power of this Mind.

This does not mean we cannot make use of modern technology to support our personal healing. One comment Ernest Holmes, the founder of Religious Science, makes was if the Universe did not want us to seek the support of medicine why would we have these particular avenues available? Religious Science is talking about the availability of the universal power we inherent simply because we are made in the image and likeness of Spirit. However, some individuals contain this power to a greater degree, such as the stories of Jesus healing the sick. Many new thought leaders also claimed personal healing such as Phineas Quimby and Emma Curtis Hopkins.

These statements are ideals toward which we strive, I have not attained that. So, while ideally, I may some day get to a point where I can heal myself and others simply through the power of the mind, until I can get to that place, I can accept healing help from others including doctors.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
We believe in the healing of the sick through the power of prayer.

We believe in the control of conditions through the power of prayer.

People’s religious beliefs are fine

as long as they do no harm
and allow science and medicine to be applied for the benefit of those in need.

common mistake because of the name. the motto or slogan that is frequently used is "change your thinking, change your life". along the same lines, we use affirmative prayer and affirmations.

Ernest Holmes, the founder, never really intended this to be an "organized" religion. It is more of a philosophy that welcomes also teachings of Buddha, Christ and Judaism, among others.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom