so ... Mitt Romney. - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-04-2006, 06:16 PM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
I am laughing my ass off, in a restaraunt.

Give me a break. FYM is too intelligent to evolve into this.
wanna
bet?

Old 12-04-2006, 06:25 PM   #62
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:41 AM
I don't think it's really necessary to question the intelligence of myself and others in this thread, speaking for me and not them it is one small example (in terms of importance) in the larger picture of his hypocrisy regarding blind attempts to woo conservatives. I would think since the state trooper stationed outside his house questioned at least one worker about his status, it might have crossed Mitt's mind at least once to do so. But perhaps he was too busy chanting let the people vote..

It has nothing to do with Democrat vs Republican, certainly numerous Democrats employ services and illegals and companies that employ illegals-are they using the immigration issue though in an attempt to woo conservative voters?

I have seen things evolve in FYM that I consider of less significance, intelligence, and importance than Mitt's character and job performance..but I wouldn't question that here. And I think you are better than that Dreadsox, better than insulting/questioning other posters' intelligence because you don't agree with what we've said. Honestly I take it as an insult.

Old 12-04-2006, 06:26 PM   #63
Blue Crack Addict

Dreadsox, I wasnt saying that I blame him for hiring illegals. I'm just saying its a) extraordinarily hypocritical for him to do that AND advocate a fence and all his other anti-immigrant policies, and b) it's great news for me because I don't want to see him become president and I don't think the Republican primary voters across the country will approve of this.
Old 12-04-2006, 06:31 PM   #64
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
IThere is not a flipping small business around that is not employing illegals.
Please. They aren't illegals, they are "undocumented immigrants."

Romney wouldn't know about it anyway. How often is the governor actually IN his state to check on his lawn?
Old 12-04-2006, 06:33 PM   #65
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bluer White
How often is the governor actually IN his state to check on his lawn?
He comes back to MA to get his hair done-but then again shellac makes for a very long lasting do.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Romney wouldn't know about it anyway. How often is the governor actually IN his state to check on his lawn?
Old 12-04-2006, 07:12 PM   #67
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen
I don't think it's really necessary to question the intelligence of myself and others in this thread

Honestly I take it as an insult.
good natured ribbing by a nice fellow never harmed anyone

dbs
Old 12-04-2006, 07:19 PM   #68
Blue Crack Addict

I wasn't talking to you diamond, but thanks for interjecting. I never once said he's not a nice fellow did I? Come on. I just don't happen to think it's good natured ribbing to say something like that on the internet when words are what they are. There were no smileys used either.

I'm not personally attacking him, merely stating how I felt about what he said and the way he said it.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I don't think it's really necessary to question the intelligence of myself and others in this thread, speaking for me and not them it is one small example (in terms of importance) in the larger picture of his hypocrisy regarding blind attempts to woo conservatives. I would think since the state trooper stationed outside his house questioned at least one worker about his status, it might have crossed Mitt's mind at least once. But perhaps he was too busy chanting let the people vote..

Let me get this, you are linking Mr. Romney to the worker via the state trooper? Beat that dead horse a little more.

There are at least a few other things more important than this that he does have control over.

[Q]It has nothing to do with Democrat vs Republican, certainly numerous Democrats employ services and illegals and companies that employ illegals-are they using the immigration issue though in an attempt to woo conservative voters?[/Q]

So because he wants to do something about it (and this may be the only thing I agree with him on at this point) it makes him responsible to investigate ANY service provider employed by a PRIVATE company? To me this is grasping at straws. Make an issue out of the dozens of other things EDUCATION, GAY MARRIAGE, SCHOOL FUNDING, BIG DID MANAGEMENT that the man actually had an opportunity to do something about.

Quote:
I have seen things evolve in FYM that I consider of less significance, intelligence, and importance than Mitt's character and job performance..but I wouldn't question that here.
Then you are clearly taking the high road.

Quote:
And I think you are better than that Dreadsox, better than insulting/questioning other posters' intelligence because you don't agree with what we've said. Honestly I take it as an insult.
Well, clearly your thoughts about me are misguided. This is in no way meant to agree that my post was meant to be inulting to your IQ. It was not meant to be taken that way, and any such offense comes not from me, but from the vein of truth I have brought into the light.

In my mind it diminishes any legitimate posts down the road about him since clearly there is such a bias, that I cannot take future posts seriously on the topic of Mr. Romney.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:32 PM   #70
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

good natured ribbing by a nice fellow never harmed anyone

dbs
Listen you! I do not need you the republican extreme right fihgting my battles for me.

Old 12-04-2006, 07:33 PM   #71
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
I wasn't talking to you diamond, but thanks for interjecting. I never once said he's not a nice fellow did I? Come on. I just don't happen to think it's good natured ribbing to say something like that on the internet when words are what they are. There were no smileys used either.

I'm not personally attacking him, merely stating how I felt about what he said and the way he said it.
Dread is an ASS. A pure DONKEY. I agree.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:35 PM   #72
Blue Crack Addict

Well ok, I tried to be nice about it but if that's the way you want to be. Clearly you have the monopoly on truth, my bad. More than a wee bit arrogant for you to think that my feelings have to do with my failure to see the "vein of truth" that you pointed out to me in such a nice way. Thanks.
Old 12-04-2006, 07:36 PM   #73
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
Dreadsox, I wasnt saying that I blame him for hiring illegals. I'm just saying its a) extraordinarily hypocritical for him to do that AND advocate a fence and all his other anti-immigrant policies, and b) it's great news for me because I don't want to see him become president and I don't think the Republican primary voters across the country will approve of this.
He didn't hire Illegals......The company he hired did.

And my point stands.....Unless every f-ing Tom, DICK, Harry...is required to investigate the employees of companies that provide services paid for....it is NOT HYPOCRITICAL....

It is....shall we say...weakening the legitimate arguments that could be presented about this man's buffoonery....
Old 12-04-2006, 07:37 PM   #74
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Well ok, I tried to be nice about it but if that's the way you want to be. Clearly you have the monopoly on truth, my bad. More than a wee bit arrogant for you to think that my feelings have to do with my failure to see the "vein of truth" that you pointed out to me in such a nice way. Thanks.
Methinks thou does take me too seriously....

and now....

I am sad....

because it was not my intent....
Old 12-04-2006, 07:39 PM   #75
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:

Please. They aren't illegals, they are "undocumented immigrants."

My bad....How UN PC of me.....

And....

The lawn thing may be his best defense in this case.