Small Plane Crashes into Manhattan Building

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
SpaceOddity said:

LOL. Wow.

Anyway, this is awful stuff. I saw the headline on Yahoo!News and my heart sank. I can't even imagine what people in that area are going through... talk about bringing back painful memories... :(
Me, too. I just got back from picking up a coffee, opened up the Yahoo page to check my e-mail, and my heart sunk after reading the headline. What horrible news.

SpaceOddity said:

LOL. Wow.

Have you even read what I posted above yours?? I was replying back to the idiots that were talking about him.

To clear things up once again for those that need help reading.

My post about Bono being in an aircraft was in response to people that were asking about him being in an aircraft in NYC. I simply stated that would not be possible as he wouldn't be in a small aircraft. Therefore pointing out how ABSURD it would be ask the question in the first place. Hence, I was politely pointing out the idiocy. If people would read things more closely and follow a thread post by post and not jump ahead, then perhaps misunderstandings would not take place.

phanan said:
Why the hell do people keep mentioning Bono? Sheesh...

I know! really pisses me off!

I have never seen such disrespect! :mad: For a so called U2 "fan" forum the bitching and whining about everything they do, by certain people is appaling! They can do FCUK all right in some peoples eyes.

A plane crash happens, someone is bound to have died, it is a tragic accident. Then Bono get's cussed as to WHO CARES if he died?

WHY the FCUK come to the forum if you would be so glad to see the back of Bono? Bono is U2, as much as anyone else, so quite franky I find that offensive.

And before I get another "WHO CARES", well I DO

My first thought was OMG its happening again...my husband called to tell me, thank god hes not in the city, my brother works somewhere over there I think on the west side though....

I could see people being concerned over Bono, especially being in New York now, I also thought I hope its not his building and being the way he flutters about one can not help but to hope it wasn't him in the plane.

I do pray whole heartedly for the people on the plane and in the building....I can't even begin to comprehend the fear of the people in the building after 9/11. :(

Blessings to all those involved. :angel:

If there's any NY Yankee fans or baseball fans out there, they might remember that Yankee great Thurman Munson died flying his own small plane as well. Except Munson didn't crash into a building and he was by himself. Either way, very sad.

Slipstream said:

Have you even read what I posted above yours?? I was replying back to the idiots that were talking about him.

To clear things up once again for those that need help reading.

My post about Bono being in an aircraft was in response to people that were asking about him being in an aircraft in NYC. I simply stated that would not be possible as he wouldn't be in a small aircraft. Therefore pointing out how ABSURD it would be ask the question in the first place. Hence, I was politely pointing out the idiocy. If people would read things more closely and follow a thread post by post and not jump ahead, then perhaps misunderstandings would not take place.

Um, okay? I can read, thank you, but I actually went to this thread before EYKIW, so I hadn't seen the other ones that were closed (mentioning Bono). I apologize if I wasn't aware of your post's entire backstory.

Re: recent developments... :( Man, my heart goes out to his family.

Last edited:
He was their number five starter. He was an average pitcher. His status after the season was up in the air.

This just in: Lidle was the only one on the plane.

ci.jpg

He was actually just traded to the Yankees this season, he played in Philadelphia before that.

Has it been confirmed he was the only one on the plane? I heard a rumor there could have been another Yankee on the plane too, but rumors are rarely trustworthy.

I remember Lidle from his years of play for the Phillies. He was a nice guy, but left on bad terms after he insulted the organization, which resulted in a back and forth.

I feel awful now, guilt for the times I probably bashed him. Being a Philly sports fan is the one aspect of my life where my conscience seems to allude me. Now it is all coming back in one swing.

Chizip said:
He was actually just traded to the Yankees this season, he played in Philadelphia before that.

Has it been confirmed he was the only one on the plane? I heard a rumor there could have been another Yankee on the plane too, but rumors are rarely trustworthy.

They were saying the other person, if there was one, was a flight instructor, from what I heard.

Back
Top Bottom