Prayer request - For those who believe in such things - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #16
War Child

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by neutral
Keeping you and your family in my thoughts.

Someone very very close to me was diagnosed bipolar in college. It's not easy for anyone, but definitely treatable now. Unfortunately it can take awhile to find the right treatments and for them to go into effect, etc.

Only 8 though, poor little guy.
I'm happy we're catching it sooner rather than later, I feel sorry for those who had terrible childhoods and didn't know why, or other parents in our position who didn't have the types of resources we have available via internet, etc these days.

In my parent's day we'd have been diagnosed as bad parents with a spoiled brat child, totally disregarding how our other 2 are, I feel really bad for them also as they will have a lot to put up with too.

Still, with support, medicine, therapy, God's grace and the support of communities like this, I'm sure we'll come through this one too.

Just watching another Tsunami-related article (>220K dead now ?) puts things into perspective, as do my frequent trips to Manila for business when I get a glimpse of how a lot of the rest of the world lives.

Old 01-19-2005, 09:16 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:33 AM
It would be hypocritical of me to offer prayers, but I do wish you and your family well. And you're right, having a diagnosis does help. It's a first, very important step.

Old 01-20-2005, 03:39 AM   #18
Refugee

Local Time: 05:33 AM
Prayers are sent your way.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:30 AM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 AM
You got it. My husband is bi-polar, I know what you're dealing with. Apparently it's more common than we think. All the best to you and your family.
Old 01-20-2005, 05:49 AM   #20
Jesus Online

Local Time: 08:33 PM
I wish for strength and support for all of you, and hope that a way of managing it is found soon.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:08 AM   #21
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:33 AM
Cardosino, prayers for you, your family and your child.

It is a blessing to discover this so early. Our own son was diagnosed with a form of autism at age 4. I couldn't imagine the years of wondering what was wrong without the diagnosis.

I hope you are soon equiped with appropriate medical and relational tools and skills to guide and grow your child.
Old 01-20-2005, 07:28 AM   #22
War Child

Local Time: 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Cardosino, prayers for you, your family and your child.

It is a blessing to discover this so early. Our own son was diagnosed with a form of autism at age 4. I couldn't imagine the years of wondering what was wrong without the diagnosis.

I hope you are soon equiped with appropriate medical and relational tools and skills to guide and grow your child.
Again, I am humbled by everyone's responses.
Old 01-20-2005, 01:05 PM   #23
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 04:33 AM
oh, and so young too, get it!

Prayers of strength to you, your wife, your son and & other family members concerned.

There is a great website for a radio show called "the Infinite Mind" which deals with....the brain, Metal Wellness, Mental Illness, various ways people think about different issues, mental & physical links...all kinds of stuff.

I know they have had a program [if not now even a more up-dated one on BiPolar.

In fact they were one of the first places I heard about ?fish oils [omega 3's ?, i think] that were used in a Big University study- where they 'broke' the study and gave the placeboo subjects the same treatment they had been experimenting with because it was working so well. I'm almost sure that it was for Bipolar, becuase i beleive i remember them saying -- it helped to slow down the cycles of bipolar.