Poll: If Election were today, would you vote Bush? (merged) - Page 9 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: If the election was held today, would you vote to re-elect Bush?
Yes 11 18.64%
No 48 81.36%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-10-2003, 03:27 PM   #121
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:29 AM
I think Dubya would find a war zone a friendlier place than FYM for someone like him.

He should know, he's created two war zones in under 3 years.

Old 07-10-2003, 04:23 PM   #122
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:29 PM
Please, Fizzing, I hope you're not a Clinton fan, if you don't like "war zones". At least Bush didn't send our soldiers into a dangerous land and give them orders not to shoot back!

Old 07-10-2003, 04:26 PM   #123
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:29 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
I think Bush would find California a friendlier place than FYM.
depends where in California. The town I live in is conservative, they would all shit a brick if Bush were to visit. Berkely or perhaps San Diego would be a different story.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:26 PM   #124
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by pub crawler

In my view, President Bush does dishonor to the office of the president.
My gosh, that's exactly what I was saying a few years back about another president, one who cheated on his wife in the Oval Offce, of all places, and then lied to a federal grand jury about it...
Old 07-10-2003, 04:30 PM   #125
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm not a Clinton fan. Although I might add that I'm concerned about the people who live in the war zones created by Presidents Bush and Clinton as well as the soldiers sent into them. I certainly wouldn't oppose Clinton's military action more than Bush's because of his orders to US soldiers.
Old 07-10-2003, 04:58 PM   #126
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

FizzingWhizzbees,

"I'm not a Clinton fan. Although I might add that I'm concerned about the people who live in the war zones created by Presidents Bush and Clinton as well as the soldiers sent into them. I certainly wouldn't oppose Clinton's military action more than Bush's because of his orders to US soldiers."

Bush created two "war zones" in two years you say. How many people do you think will die in Iraq over the next year under Bush's "War Zone" compared to the numbers that died in any given year under Saddam Hussien?

How many people do you think have died and been tortured in Afghanistan this year, as compared to the year 2000 when the Taliban were in control?

Most people in those countries prefer Bush's "War Zone" to the Taliban and Saddam, even if you do not.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:01 PM   #127
ONE
love, blood, life

I'm not even going to respond as I don't want to take yet another thread completely off-track.
Old 07-10-2003, 05:11 PM   #128
Refugee

Location: on a one of these small green spots at that blue planet at the end of the milky way
Local Time: 02:29 AM
STING2:

we all agree that George W. Bush (and any other former President of the US) were or are less evil than Sadam Hussein

80sU2isBest:
It's not me who's funny it's the economical vision of the US President which is funny, i just put it in shorter words.

Klaus
Old 07-10-2003, 06:48 PM   #129
The Fly

HELL no.
Old 07-10-2003, 07:18 PM   #130
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest
My gosh, that's exactly what I was saying a few years back about another president, one who cheated on his wife in the Oval Offce, of all places, and then lied to a federal grand jury about it...
The difference is between lying about one's personal life and lying about one's professional life. I would not want to remove a successful CEO of a Fortune 500 corporation, because he lied about a consentual affair with a subordinate.

Now I would want to remove that CEO if he had lied about crucial details about his work, which is what Bush might be guilty of. If we want to start treating America like a business, then maybe it's about time we were serious about it. Throwing your company into fiscal irresponsibility and potentially lying about the reasons for your "acquisitions" (Iraq) are reasons why I would push to remove a CEO anyday...

...and precisely why I make a large distinction between Clinton and Bush.

Melon
Old 07-10-2003, 07:53 PM   #131
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Melon, Bush didn't lie to a federal grand jury. Bill Clinton lied to a federal grand jury. That is a federal offense.
Old 07-10-2003, 08:02 PM   #132
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Melon, Bush didn't lie to a federal grand jury. Bill Clinton lied to a federal grand jury. That is a federal offense.
Well, we'll never get to a federal grand jury on Bush, because he'll have declared all the potential evidence sealed for "national security."

Do you somehow believe that Bush has some moral high ground here? Sad to say, for you, perhaps, but I don't see it.

Melon
Old 07-10-2003, 08:31 PM   #133
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

if it turns out that Bush lied about Iraq, he will have a lot of innocent blood on his hands. Just the fact that he used false information that was proven to be fake BEFORE he made his State of the Union address is pretty damn shaky if you ask me. Hardly the moral high ground.

Old 07-10-2003, 09:10 PM   #134
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

that's a bunch of "if"s right now. There is no proof that he lied; at this point they are accusations. Clinton on ther hand, is known to have lied.
Old 07-10-2003, 09:17 PM   #135
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
that's a bunch of "if"s right now. There is no proof that he lied; at this point they are accusations. Clinton on ther hand, is known to have lied.
About sex.

*watches as nothing changes

Either way, we'll probably never get to solve those "ifs," considering how the Bush Administration buries everything under a pile of "national security" and "executive privilege" excuses. Although, with the latter, courts are hinting that Cheney's energy policy documents may be forced to be released. We may finally find out whether Enron caused California's energy crisis or not...

...of course, I'm sure all the pertinent documents have been burned by now.

Melon