Obama General Discussion - Page 54 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2010, 07:42 PM   #796
Refugee

Local Time: 06:21 PM
Obama Announces U.S. Military Secrets to the World | The FOX Nation

Quote:
President Obama has decided to pre-announce to the world once-secret American ballistic missile tests and satellite launches.

The Democratic administration's goal is to show a friendlier face to other countries and to coax Russia to do the same.

It's part of a confidence-boosting initiative launched, so to speak, last fall when Obama suddenly abandoned the U.S. missile-defense system in Eastern Europe that had exercised the Russians, though it was aimed at potential future missiles from Iran.

Obama hoped such a unilateral U.S. forfeiture would encourage Russia to put pressure on Iran to halt its nuclear weapons development. So far no good on that.
Hmmm

Old 05-22-2010, 08:03 PM   #797
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:21 PM
Quote:
Obama hoped such a unilateral U.S. forfeiture would encourage Russia to put pressure on Iran to halt its nuclear weapons development. So far no good on that.
professional journalism there.

Old 05-22-2010, 08:08 PM   #798
Refugee

So far no good on that.
Old 05-22-2010, 08:39 PM   #799
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:21 PM
sounds like an admission of using a faulty source. that can't be good for your credibility. oh....
Old 05-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #800
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 05:21 PM
Pathetic...
Old 05-23-2010, 10:10 PM   #801
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluer White View Post

The emperor has no clothes.

Since the black dude came to office, it seems to me that there is less talk of war, aggression, invading foreign countries on fuck-all pretext, and all that stuff - generally speaking, j'approve. I know it's a mad and crazy idea but let's run with it anyway. Let's run with not having known and criminal war mongers elected to high office, just for a change. Maybe it's not the worst idea not to have white upper middle class war profiteers running the world.
Old 05-24-2010, 01:27 AM   #802
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
Since the black dude came to office, it seems to me that there is less talk of war, aggression, invading foreign countries on fuck-all pretext, and all that stuff - generally speaking, j'approve. I know it's a mad and crazy idea but let's run with it anyway. Let's run with not having known and criminal war mongers elected to high office, just for a change. Maybe it's not the worst idea not to have white upper middle class war profiteers running the world.
Given that, do you think the president should be sending more troops to Afghanistan?
Old 05-28-2010, 04:01 PM   #803
Refugee

Local Time: 11:21 PM
Obama's approval rating is now down to 45%. The Disapproval rating is at 47% from today's numbers at Gallup. Gallup.Com - Daily News, Polls, Public Opinion on Government, Politics, Economics, Management
Old 05-28-2010, 04:12 PM   #804
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:21 PM
45%, I guess that means he is twice as good as W?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:04 PM   #805
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by deep View Post
45%, I guess that means he is twice as good as W?

Well, even at W's lowest point, his approval rating was more than half of that. In addition, W's approval rating was always ahead of his disapproval rating throughout his entire first term. He was then re-elected by the first majority in the popular vote since 1988. In addition, his 2004 win saw the Republicans not only maintain their control of the House and Senate, but also INCREASE the number of seats they had, the first time a re-elected President had succeeded in having that happen in half a century.
Old 05-28-2010, 05:06 PM   #806
Refugee

Quote:

The emperor has no clothes.
I truly hope you do understand that Bush used to bow down to, kiss and even hold hands with the Saudi Royal Family?

Did he have no clothes, according to you?

Its tradition, you'll find every president/foreign dignitary doing what Obama did.

What you wont find, however, is a book about how close Obama and his inner circle are to a foreign entity that does not have our best interests at heart.

This is the problem with these stupid pictures that say nothing.

It shows clearly that today's fox news/tea party led Republican masses do not even want to discuss anything honestly.

House of Bush, House of Saud - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Old 05-28-2010, 05:16 PM   #807
Refugee

Quote:
Given that, do you think the president should be sending more troops to Afghanistan?
I think its pretty clear financeguy is referring to Iraq.

No one ever accused Bush of being a war monger for doing what anyone in the same position would have done after 9/11 by invading Afghanistan.

Similarly, Obama is not a war monger for finishing the job against the still very real threat of the Taliban.

I don't want to be there forever, and Karzai has to get his act together, but the Afghan war has always fit in with what Obama said from day 1. "I am not against all wars, just stupid wars."
Old 05-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #808
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
Not to mention, even while dealing with both wars, he's doing so in a way that doesn't sound all, "Yeeehaw, we're gonna go after them bastards!" A lot of working behind the scenes instead of full frontal John Wayne-style crap. He's not coming up with stupid phrases like "Shock and Awe".

And seriously, if one more person whines about Obama bowing to world leaders, I'm gonna scream. SO WHAT? Why is that a big deal? I just figure it's a sign of respect, and him obeying the customs of whatever country he's visiting. Let it go already, people, good god. Bush Sr. threw up on a leader once, so I'd say bowing ain't exactly up there in terms of embarrassing actions by a president of our nation.

Angela
Old 05-28-2010, 05:30 PM   #809
Rock n' Roll Doggie

I don't know the point of those pictures. Obama prays a lot? Breathes in deeply? Catches quick cat naps?
Old 05-28-2010, 05:36 PM   #810
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Unfortunately, there is a new breed of conservatives that fall for these Hannity/Beck type attacks. Oh no, Obama showed respect to another world leader, he doesn't believe in American Exceptionalism! Oh NOES...

They fail to do their research they just let Hannity, Rush and the like do it for them.

Well, at least he hasn't gone out on a date with any of them yet like W:

They make a cute couple, don't you think?