No Shame, No Blame, What is Good for Haliburton is Good for America! - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2004, 05:17 PM   #16
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:05 PM
All I have to say is that if Clinton was still president and pulled this stunt, the GOP would be crying "sacrilege" and probably try and start another quack impeachment proceeding.

This is politics--100% simple. Certainly, this is Bush's "defining moment," because he has no other. He's a failure as a president, and without endless war and tragedy, he's exposed for what he really is: a divisive religious fanatic.

Melon

Old 03-04-2004, 05:26 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
My add would begin with the first trade center bombing....
the USS Cole Bombing and show clips of all of the other bombings over the 8 years of Clinton....

Go to the Presidents Speech at Ground Zero....

And then ask the question "Should we return to 8 Years of inaction?"
Or how about showing pictures of Saddam gassing the Kurds and pummelling the Shi'ites after Gulf War I--the war Bush I never finished?

Or how about Afghanistan, where Reagan funded very questionable groups, united under the sole banner of "anti-communist"?

These actions are partly what led up to the formation of Al-Qaeda and their subsequent attacks. Where was Bush II prior to 9/11? Giving close to $40 million to the Taliban to "reward" them for the "War on Drugs" in April 2001--five months prior to the 9/11 attacks. Clearly, if you are going to blame Clinton for inaction, the same blame *must* be given to our current president, who clearly ignored the threat just as much, if not more. After all, even if Clinton's military attacks are now to be justified as inadequate, at least he didn't give $40 million to the fanatics that housed bin Laden in their country! We were a nation blinded by money for a decade, and every politician in office at the time--Republican and Democrat--are equally guilty. It makes all that wasted time, money, and effort on investigating Whitewater and Monica Lewinsky look all the more ridiculous and certainly helped undermine the president's ability to govern during that time.

Oh and BTW, John Kerry is not Bill Clinton.

Melon

Old 03-04-2004, 05:34 PM   #18
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:05 PM
But who needs facts when you have a finger to point and you are dealing with politics?

Formula to win presidency = blame other side + tug on heartstrings(or cater to pseudo morals) + play to their wallets
Old 03-04-2004, 05:36 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by melon
Oh and BTW, John Kerry is not Bill Clinton.

Melon
Really, but he would love to be the "Second Black President"....And he voted against the 1st Iraq War, and he has supported cuts after cuts in equiptment that has saved lives in our military. A case can be made that we would be returning to a time when we did not react to the events that were happening around us.
Old 03-04-2004, 05:44 PM   #20
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox
Really, but he would love to be the "Second Black President"....And he voted against the 1st Iraq War, and he has supported cuts after cuts in equiptment that has saved lives in our military. A case can be made that we would be returning to a time when we did not react to the events that were happening around us.
And guess which president is looking for more military base closings? None other than our current one, and Bush used the Clinton-era military very effectively for his term here; change, after all, isn't overnight.

Let's face it: technological changes require less people and less facilities. The private sector has been forced to deal with this, so isn't it a natural extension to expect the military sector would downsize too?

Melon
Old 03-04-2004, 10:06 PM   #21
War Child

Local Time: 03:05 AM
Do you suppose Bush will use his "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" photo-op in an ad? I'll bet he loved the way that flight suit enhanced his 'maleness'. What macho posturing! I hope that Kerry finds a way to use it to his advantage.
Old 03-04-2004, 11:53 PM   #22
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by najeena
Do you suppose Bush will use his "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED" photo-op in an ad? I'll bet he loved the way that flight suit enhanced his 'maleness'. What macho posturing! I hope that Kerry finds a way to use it to his advantage.
Actually I would hope that Kerry just stick to the issues, but who am I kidding this is American politics.
Old 03-05-2004, 01:55 AM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 01:05 PM
It's very simple people: in these troubled times, it would be unpatriotic to not vote Bush in for another term. After all, he has to finished starving the beast.

Oops, wasn't Alan supposed to mention that part? Oh well, too late now...
Old 03-05-2004, 11:23 AM   #24
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
NEW YORK (CNN) -- Former New York Mayor Rudolph Giuliani, who won worldwide acclaim for his handling of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks that devastated his city, said Thursday that using images from that day in campaign ads for President Bush is both "appropriate" and "relevant."

"The reality is that President Bush played a very, very big role in bringing our country through the worst attack in our history," he said. "So it's an appropriate thing for him to point out as part of his record, just like Democrats are going to attack parts of his record and say, 'We think it should have been done differently.' "

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/...ush/index.html
What's next from the left... are they gonna say Giuliani is "insensitive" to the victims of 9/11 because he supports Bush's right to use those particular images? I'd love to see that one...
Old 03-05-2004, 11:32 AM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase

What's next from the left... are they gonna say Giuliani is "insensitive" to the victims of 9/11 because he supports Bush's right to use those particular images? I'd love to see that one...
You're right now because Giuliani gave his blessing it's set in stone...Bush was right.

Come on, what was he going to say?
Old 03-05-2004, 11:39 AM   #26
Blue Crack Distributor

you're right... of course he'd say that. 'cause after all giuliani's always been a biiiig time party suck-up... like when he supported democrat mario cuomo for new york governor over republican george pataki back in '94...
Old 03-05-2004, 11:49 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Come on, what was he going to say?
In the same way, what do you expect a union boss endorcing Kerry to say?
Old 03-05-2004, 02:29 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:05 AM
Re: Re: Re: No Shame, No Blame, What is Good for Haliburton is Good for America!

Old 03-05-2004, 03:12 PM   #29
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:05 PM
Re: Re: Re: No Shame, No Blame, What is Good for Haliburton is Good for America!

Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader

Oh, the irony is rich coming from a union official....

Why all the distain for Union leaders?

Are they the "new pedofiles"? (i. e. somebody all descent people should hate)
Old 03-05-2004, 04:29 PM   #30
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar
Formula to win presidency = blame other side + tug on heartstrings(or cater to pseudo morals) + play to their wallets
Unfortunately, you are exactly right.

Join Amnesty.