Mr. George W. Bush may go on to become one of our greatest Presidents of all time - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2002, 03:32 AM   #46
Banned

Local Time: 10:57 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Anthony:
You SHOULD believe it; largely due to your president, America certainly has to be one of the least liked countries in the world, and that's NOT me starting an Anti-American thread, its just a fact.

If the September 11th catastrophe didn't show America how unpopular it is with its foreign policy, I don't know what will. And no, its not me saying that 'America had it coming' because I deplore the barbarity of the event with everything that makes me human, and I support the war against Terrorism, but I can NOT stand to hear people blow their own horns and say how America is liked - it isn't.

I'm sorry, it never has been and it never will, not even by it's allies. There is a difference, you will find, between FEAR and FRIENDSHIP.

And also, the HORROR, don't be too sure about having 'allies all over the place'. If you did, there would be nothing stopping Bush from spreading the war onto Somalia, Iraq and all the other nations on 'the axis of evil', the cold hard fact of the matter is that the only allies worth speaking of is Canada (who, for all intensive puproses is seen as the USA's twin by the rest of the world) and BRITAIN, who is basically so politically weak and outright pathetically spineless to say no, and so bends right over for the greatness of America.

Do you really think the rest of Europe gives a pair of fetid dingo kidneys about the war? The French don't give two shits about the War on Terrorism (notice how everybody else is always in on the action, but the French in particular are always on the fence)and the Germans don't have the time of day. The United Nations is a joke, backed up by the fact that AGAIN, nobody in Europe cares about the war on Terrorism. The Middle East? Ha, you might want to look somewhere else for allies. South America? Oh yes, everybody loves USA there. Africa? Asia?

I'm sorry,but you don't have allies everywhere. All you have are two other nations who care, the rest are either too indifferent, or too scared to say anything.
No, I'm not being anti-American, but do you really think this war on terrorism would be an issue if America wasn't so powerful?

Ant.
I would waste my time replying to this but I really can't right now. Later I will. For now, I will just say this IS crap, and you should know better.

------------------
"So Mr. Bin Laden, I hear you have an intrest in our airplanes...Let me show you this one, we like to call it the B-52

Old 02-12-2002, 03:34 AM   #47
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Lemonite:
No.. Because we'd all be wearing Fez's and speaking URDU.. OR MANDARIN perhaps.
L.Unplugged
Lemonite, what a truly cryptic response. You also keep stereotyping the British as being 'yellow-teethed', I assure you that is not only a stereotype that isn't associated with us, but its also wrong even if it were.

Plus, your response doesn't explain anything.

Ant.

Old 02-12-2002, 03:38 AM   #48
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Go Irish.

Lorenzo Booker's an AssHole.

L. Unplugged

[This message has been edited by Lemonite (edited 02-11-2002).]
Old 02-12-2002, 03:46 AM   #49
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by the HORROR:
I would waste my time replying to this but I really can't right now. Later I will. For now, I will just say this IS crap, and you should know better.
the HORROR, you shouldn't even waste your time, it doesn't matter what you write. The day you tell me that you've lived in the places I've lived and seen the people I've seen, then I might be able to listen. The fact is (and I'm not saying its something negative) America is very much isolated, which is why the ridiculous stereotype of Americans not knowing anything about World Geography started; you DON'T know how Europeans think you DON'T know how Asians from the Middle East think.

I do. And they don't think the way Americans such as yourself think. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't think of yourself (Americans, that is) as loved by all.

Ant.
Old 02-12-2002, 06:53 AM   #50
The Fly

Sadly to Say this is your loss.. I remember playing golf in BallyBunion on the old course, and when we were finished we walked around the town, and when we saw the STATUE of Bill CLinton, My father, and brother and I almost puked on the spot.. It was seriously a disgusting moment.. Still not overshadowing the amazing golf we just played however...

Clinton was no hero.

STILL, the people of Ireland and Northern Ireland welcomed Bill Clinton as a hero. Im not saying that he was a hero, but the welcome he got whas the welcome of one. And the statue wasnt probably put there cause the Irish thought he had done a marvellous job in the USA, but for the work he did for Northern Ireland.

Some of you might have problems to believe this but Bill Clinton was well-liked over big parts of the world.

------------------
Olofski
SWEDEN
We move through miracle days Spirit moves in mysterious ways
Old 02-12-2002, 09:22 AM   #51
Banned

Quote:
the HORROR, you shouldn't even waste your time, it doesn't matter what you write. The day you tell me that you've lived in the places I've lived and seen the people I've seen, then I might be able to listen. The fact is (and I'm not saying its something negative) America is very much isolated, which is why the ridiculous stereotype of Americans not knowing anything about World Geography started; you DON'T know how Europeans think you DON'T know how Asians from the Middle East think.

I do. And they don't think the way Americans such as yourself think. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't think of yourself (Americans, that is) as loved by all.

Ant.

First off, DONT tell ME what I know or don't know. The truth is you DONT know me and haven't any idea what my experience is and where my travels have been.

I HAVE spent a great deal of time in VARIOUS other countries besides the U.S.A. And I DO know how some other cultures think, and I can even speak some bits of other languages of places I lived, worked, and generally interacted with the people there.

I never said we are the greatest country in the world, I do however have an appreciation of this GREAT country and our GREAT leadership and thank God I am here safe and sound and not back in some of those places I have "visited".

I fail to see why you must go out of your way to continually bash americans, or at least conservative americans. How would you feel if all of us started crapping on the UK, for instance. It just never seems to happen that way though, most of us americans in here don't even go there.

GROW UP

------------------
"So Mr. Bin Laden, I hear you have an intrest in our airplanes...Let me show you this one, we like to call it the B-52
Old 02-12-2002, 12:03 PM   #52
Banned

Anthony,
I don't know what to say now. Melon respectfully agreed with me on this; "focus on the issue, not the person".

Should we converse anymore, then maybe we should take a look into this as well.

In my last post to you, which I could have edited away, I seemed to have forgotten that but I will leave the post stand for relevance.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:20 PM   #53
you are what you is

Local Time: 11:57 PM
Quote:
No.. I won't even indulge in retorting with a joke.. Because then I'll have all the liberals on my ass yelling about how 'Oh Look at you you resort to the Same kind of Low Humor that We DO'..

but Did you watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony.. Did you see him there in the crowd with that girl athlete?
no, I didn't watch the opening ceremony of the olympics
and frankly I don't feel I missed anything

I only posted that lame "do you sleep with him" remark, because the only person I talk about in the same devote way you chose to talk about Bush is my girlfriend

and I'm still waiting for anyone to respond to Anthony's posts in this thread in a mature way

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it
Old 02-12-2002, 12:30 PM   #54
I'm a chauvinist leprechaun

Quote:
Originally posted by Salome:

is my girlfriend
Hahahah.. Whoa.. I always thought you were a girl.. Eesh... Yes.. Eesh.. That was weird.

L.Unplugged
Old 02-12-2002, 12:32 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
What a load of shit.

Ant.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:37 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:57 PM
Quote:
You SHOULD believe it; largely due to your president, America certainly has to be one of the least liked countries in the world, and that's NOT me starting an Anti-American thread, its just a fact.

If the September 11th catastrophe didn't show America how unpopular it is with its foreign policy, I don't know what will. And no, its not me saying that 'America had it coming' because I deplore the barbarity of the event with everything that makes me human, and I support the war against Terrorism, but I can NOT stand to hear people blow their own horns and say how America is liked - it isn't.

I'm sorry, it never has been and it never will, not even by it's allies. There is a difference, you will find, between FEAR and FRIENDSHIP.

And also, the HORROR, don't be too sure about having 'allies all over the place'. If you did, there would be nothing stopping Bush from spreading the war onto Somalia, Iraq and all the other nations on 'the axis of evil', the cold hard fact of the matter is that the only allies worth speaking of is Canada (who, for all intensive puproses is seen as the USA's twin by the rest of the world) and BRITAIN, who is basically so politically weak and outright pathetically spineless to say no, and so bends right over for the greatness of America.

Do you really think the rest of Europe gives a pair of fetid dingo kidneys about the war? The French don't give two shits about the War on Terrorism (notice how everybody else is always in on the action, but the French in particular are always on the fence)and the Germans don't have the time of day. The United Nations is a joke, backed up by the fact that AGAIN, nobody in Europe cares about the war on Terrorism. The Middle East? Ha, you might want to look somewhere else for allies. South America? Oh yes, everybody loves USA there. Africa? Asia?

I'm sorry,but you don't have allies everywhere. All you have are two other nations who care, the rest are either too indifferent, or too scared to say anything.
No, I'm not being anti-American, but do you really think this war on terrorism would be an issue if America wasn't so powerful?

Ant.
This American girl could not agree more.
Old 02-12-2002, 12:37 PM   #57
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Salome:

and I'm still waiting for anyone to respond to Anthony's posts in this thread in a mature way

why? do you sleep with him??
Old 02-12-2002, 12:39 PM   #58
you are what you is

Quote:
Hahahah.. Whoa.. I always thought you were a girl.. Eesh... Yes.. Eesh.. That was weird.

L.Unplugged
wow, so you were wrong about one thing this year then

------------------
Salome
Old 02-12-2002, 12:40 PM   #59
Banned

Quote:
What a load of shit.

Ant.
Is this what you mean by mature Salome??

------------------
Old 02-12-2002, 12:48 PM   #60
you are what you is

no, I meant his other 3 posts

------------------
Salome