Monogamy Isn't Realistic? - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-09-2005, 01:49 PM   #46
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 11:55 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl

Bingo! Exactly.

It's just like statistically most people who are raped as adults were also sexually abused as children.
Ok, I understand. But that still doesn't give any one an excuse for not controlling himself.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:06 PM   #47
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by 80sU2isBest

Talk about easy.

How hard is it to deal in the reality that you have set up for yourself, the one that openly admitted to - that monogamy isn't necessary? How hard is it to keep that commitment?

how hard is it to realize that humans are fallible and that for some people infidelity might be a deal breaker, but for others it isn't?

and i pity those for whom it is a deal breaker.

humans try their best, and they screw up. i'd rather forgive and work for the future, than toss everything to the side because someone broke a vow.

i don't think infidelity is a good thing. i think monogamy should be the goal. i also don't think that we should measure the success of our marriage by our adherence to predetermined rules.

it's all negotiation and compromise.

Old 08-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

how hard is it to realize that humans are fallible and that for some people infidelity might be a deal breaker, but for others it isn't?
Ha ha. I didn't say that other people should go out and trash a marriage because of infidelity. I said that's what I would do.

Seems to me that in this case, you are the one who thinks everyone should think the same way as you do. You said:

"and I pity those for whom it is a deal breaker."

Do you realize how funny what you just did is? On one hand, you make a plea for understanding that people have different ways of handling the fidelity issue; then, you turn right around and say you pity those who don't feel the way you do about the fidelity issue.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:21 PM   #49
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Ha ha. I didn't say that other people should go out and trash a marriage because of infidelity. I said that's what I would do.

Seems to me that in this case, you are the one who thinks everyone should think the same way as you do. You said:

"and I pity those for whom it is a deal breaker."

Do you realize how funny what you just did is? On one hand, you make a plea for understanding that people have different ways of handling the fidelity issue; then, you turn right around and say you pity those who don't feel the way you do about the fidelity issue.

i do pity you, 80s.

this doesn't mean i think you should change your views. i'm just sorry you don't. in the end, in my opinion, you will be the one who misses out.

and you've become excessively obnoxious, and that chip on your shoulder gets bigger all the time.

frankly, you've become extremely unpleasant. i don't think i'll be responding to any of your posts in the future.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:25 PM   #50
Blue Crack Addict

Old 08-09-2005, 02:49 PM   #51
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

i do pity you, 80s.

this doesn't mean i think you should change your views. i'm just sorry you don't. in the end, in my opinion, you will be the one who misses out.

and you've become excessively obnoxious, and that chip on your shoulder gets bigger all the time.

frankly, you've become extremely unpleasant. i don't think i'll be responding to any of your posts in the future.
Hey, who started it, Irvine? Who made the comment that "people find absolutes comforting. it's easier than thinking and working and dealing withthe complexity of reality", and who was it directed toward? You might not admit it, but you aimed that at me. I know it.

Save your pity for someone who wnats to be pitied. And it really matters not one iota to me whether you respond to me ever again.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:52 PM   #52
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Hey, who started it, Irvine? Who made the comment that "people find absolutes comforting. it's easier than thinking and working and dealing withthe complexity of reality", and who was it directed toward? You might not admit it, but you aimed that at me. I know it.

Save your pity for someone who wnats to be pitied. And it really matters not one iota to me whether you respond to me ever again.

that post just made my point better than i could ever have.

bye.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:53 PM   #53
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
who the hell is Billy?
Old 08-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #54
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:55 AM
Quote:
i do pity you, 80s.

Irvine, you've been posting here a long time and I know you're well aware that personal attacks aren't acceptable in FYM. There is no need to call someone "excessively obnoxious" and "extremely unpleasant" just because you disagree with them - please try to express disagreement without name-calling.

Thanks.
*Fizz.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #55
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm not saying I agree with his views, but he may have meant it towards me since I said I'm a person who prefers absolutes.
Old 08-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #56
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MissVelvetDress_75
who the hell is Billy?
Billy Bush
Old 08-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #57
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by LivLuvAndBootlegMusic

I'm not saying I agree with his views, but he may have meant it towards me since I said I'm a person who prefers absolutes.
No, it was toward me. He's always getting on to me about speaking in absolutes, and I was the one who made the "absolutist" statement he was referring to.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:04 PM   #58
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by FizzingWhizzbees

Irvine, you've been posting here a long time and I know you're well aware that personal attacks aren't acceptable in FYM. There is no need to call someone "excessively obnoxious" and "extremely unpleasant" just because you disagree with them - please try to express disagreement without name-calling.

Thanks.
*Fizz.

what i am finding obnoxious was the inability to deal with the issue at hand and focusing on semantical distinctions within arguments in some kind of one-upsmanship.

that is what i find obnoxious and unpleasant, not the arguments presented. if you go back you'll find repeated examples of my disagreeing with people very respectfully, because ideas contrary to my own have been presented. with 80s, i get no substance and all attitude, all childish nah-nah taunts like an 11 year old who's angry because his mother said she would pick him up at 4:30 and she arrived at 4:37 -- "but you SAID you'd be here at 4:30 and you weren't so you're a LIAR!!!"

hence, unpleasant.

so i'm backing out.
Old 08-09-2005, 03:08 PM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:

what i am finding obnoxious was the inability to deal with the issue at hand and focusing on semantical distinctions within arguments in some kind of one-upsmanship.

that is what i find obnoxious and unpleasant, not the arguments presented. if you go back you'll find repeated examples of my disagreeing with people very respectfully, because ideas contrary to my own have been presented. with 80s, i get no substance and all attitude, all childish nah-nah taunts like an 11 year old who's angry because his mother said she would pick him up at 4:30 and she arrived at 4:37 -- "but you SAID you'd be here at 4:30 and you weren't so you're a LIAR!!!"

hence, unpleasant.

so i'm backing out.
Childish Na-Na?

Who told me twice to "grow up" and then didn't even tell me what you were referring to?

Who answered me with a simple "blah", just yesterday?
Old 08-09-2005, 03:10 PM   #60
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:55 PM
You just proved Irvine's point. Again.