Million Moron March

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dreadsox

ONE love, blood, life
Is anyone else joining Howard Stern on his Million Moran March?

I was listening to Stern this morning and he's still talking about this. It seems that the FCC will definately be handing out fines. Although Stern had an interesting theory. He believes they are hesitant about fining Stern(they were suppose to fine them Friday and then delayed the fining) because Powell believes he may give Stern more power to get Bush out of office. Being that Stern has been very vocal against Bush as of late and has changed his very pro-Bush to a very anti-Bush stance, he says if he gets fined and then ultimately fired he will focus all of his time and energy in an effort to get Bush out of office. He thinks Powell may suspect this and is scared. Stern thinks he may actually be a very powerful role in this election. He thinks he may be able to convince his audience which consists of a large percentage of "on the fence" folks and slackers that have never voted, to get up and vote Bush out of the office.

Who knows he may be right. How interesting would that be to have Stern of all people aid in getting Bush out, Republicans may have just shot themselves in the foot.

Stern, while an idiot at times....is probably a concern because he is heard in major cities....

I would love to have Howard Stern as a friend, because he's funny, considerate, and loving. Yeah, I mean those words, because even if his radio personality reflects a crude, brash opinion, he seems like a good-hearted man who knows how to get people's attention. His radio persona is nothing but an act.

As for his Million Moron March; I love the idea. There's no reason to exclude Stern from stating his opinion as long as it's free of vulgar langauge.

Does everyone understand what it means when a personality as successful and powerful as Stern gets booted off the radio for stating his opinion? It means that smaller radio, television and movie personalities have less of a shot of attention. This means that elite owners of these media outlets are controlling what opinions we hear...and therfore control the truth.

It's pretty damn scary and more people aren't raising hell over this issue.

Danospano said:

It's pretty damn scary and more people aren't raising hell over this issue.

I couldn't agree more. Does anyone realize that the government is trying to tell us what we can and can't hear on the radio?

this is secondary to homosexual marriage. That is why people are not up in arms. We have the ability to focus on one headline...and this is not even making the news.

there would be some poetic justice in Howard Stern being responsible for th eoutcome of the presidential elections though

Can "poetic" and"Howard Stern" be used in the same sentence? :hmm:

I think this has been stated a million time elsewhere, but I think the violence on TV is WAY more harmful than a few "bad words." The priorities are a bit confused.

Nate Dogg said:
I couldn't agree more. Does anyone realize that the government is trying to tell us what we can and can't hear on the radio?

I do. And I think our government needs to read again the part in the Constitution that tells what their job entails...nowhere in there does it say they can regulate something like this. They need to back off.

Angela

zoney! said:
Can "poetic" and"Howard Stern" be used in the same sentence? :hmm:

I think this has been stated a million time elsewhere, but I think the violence on TV is WAY more harmful than a few "bad words." The priorities are a bit confused.
:up:

Just an update...
KIOZ/San Diego Sees Ratings Plunge Without Stern
The Clear Channel Active Rocker was one of six stations owned by the company that on Feb. 26 dropped the WXRK/New York-based Howard Stern Show over indecency concerns. The decision had an immediate negative impact on KIOZ (Rock 105.3)'s morning ratings: According to monthly extrapolations from the winter 2004 ratings obtained by Reuters, the station dipped from a 8.9 share in February to a paltry 0.7 in March -- Rock 105.3's first month sans Stern.
Additionally, KIOZ dipped 20.6 - 0.8 in mornings among persons 18-34 for the ratings period. Meanwhile, Stern jumped from 15th place to ninth overall at WCKG/Chicago.

Back
Top Bottom