MERGED--> Shooter loose on Virginia Tech campus

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting comments from a CBC interview with Aaron Cohen, S.W.A. T instructor. He was asked what information he would like to know which would clarify what happened. He replied that he wanted to know why, based on the footage he has been seeing, were S.W.A.T officers standing outside and slowly moving. He felt that they should, being armed,be running inside the building to prevent more deaths as that is what they are trained to do. Providing perimeter security is not their job. He said every second they stood outside was possibly the death of another innocent person. I am sure the actions of campus police and authorities will be evaluated in the near future.

Based on the preliminary info, it seems that the gunman may have went to the dorm to target a person and then went to the classroom to target a particular group of people or the person who may or may not have been at that dorm.

:hug: to all. They said 32 dead on our local TV, on two locations but police believe it was the same shooter.

U2democrat said:
I just found out that a friend of mine is in critical condition after having been shot in the chest...I'm shaking right now...

Oh, Laura...I'm so sorry. :hug: Your friend and everyone affected by this will be in my thoughts and prayers.

My library just lost a dear, brave, kindhearted Techinical Services clerk on Saturday morning (cancer), so it's been a sad place today even before this horrible news, which has further saddened us all. The grey day outdoors matches our spirits.

Too much death...I'm sick and tired of death!!!!!!!

As cheesy as this may sound I can feel your prayers...thank you all of you. All of us here feel sick to our stomachs.

This is just...ugh...so horrifying...sickening...ugh my goodness. Again, thank you for your prayers, none of my thoughts are coherent right now...that video from the cell phone camera where you can hear the gunshots gives me goosebumps...the disgusting...ah...I can't think anymore.

trevster2k said:
Interesting comments from a CBC interview with Aaron Cohen, S.W.A. T instructor. He was asked what information he would like to know which would clarify what happened. He replied that he wanted to know why, based on the footage he has been seeing, were S.W.A.T officers standing outside and slowly moving. He felt that they should, being armed,be running inside the building to prevent more deaths as that is what they are trained to do. Providing perimeter security is not their job. He said every second they stood outside was possibly the death of another innocent person. I am sure the actions of campus police and authorities will be evaluated in the near future.

Based on the preliminary info, it seems that the gunman may have went to the dorm to target a person and then went to the classroom to target a particular group of people or the person who may or may not have been at that dorm.

It looked to me in that video that the shooter may have been outside at that point.

What an awful thing to come home to - I can't imagine what a nightmare it must be to those of you who have connections to the campus and people there.

U2Girl1978 said:

I'm sorry but I just don't think that this is appropriate. Why do we need to involve U2 in every situation?

Mia, again I'm really sorry that you are going through this. :hug:

i don't but words hit hard to me...and yes...i have a friend who is in the hospital right now...i know alot of people who go there

my heart is with you all

Now, the radio says it began as a fight in the dorm room

that the RA came in and was shot

and there is no conformation that is was only one shooter

there may have been two shooters

and again I am caught up in hearsay and speculation

and again I believe that in 24 - 48 hours

we will have most of these answers

Press conference by police at 430 EST. They should provide some factual information on the events of today.

I think its possible that there was more than one shooter. I find it hard to believe one person could kill and wound 60 people.

I can't fucking believe this. I really really can't.

I thought Columbine was it. And Columbine's anniversary is on Friday too.

I just heard on the news on CNN, and have now found out about this horrible tragedy. Laura & europop2005,I am so very sorry to hear about your friends. My heart goes out to them, you and all who are affected by the terrible shooting. The victims, families, and friends are truely in my tthoughts & prayers. :pray: :hug:

This is ridiculous.:sad: I couldn't believe it. The first thing I thought of was you, Mia. I sent you my phone number at Myspace, so call me ASAP ok?:hug: :hug: U2dem, I'm so sorry about your friend! Keep us posted.The campus looks so similar to mine, that it's weird. It can happen anywhere.....this really puts you on your guard. My prayers are with everyone involved:pray: :pray:

Irvine511 said:

not the time for this.

yet.

but a discussion on such things is surely coming.

Yeah, but I'm sure he wanted to get it out there asap so he doesn't lose more support from that faction of pollsters.

This is just horrible. How many times do we have to let our kids get killed. Honestly, when I read the early reports of 1 person killed, it didn't really affect me too much....as I'm immune to these reports now. That's just horrible that I can even feel (or lack of feeling) this way.

Of course it's horrible that anyone was even injured, but it didn't start to really sink in until the reports of teens to the twenties of deaths.

I agree though on not debating gun control....YET. Now is the time to mourn the loss. Then it's time to really think about what "bearing arms" really accomplishes in this country.

All I can say is, I still can't believe what is world is coming to...

My prayers to those out there who saw the shooting/know any victims, or just feel as sad and angry about it as I do...

I also, do not want to debate the 2nd amendment in this thread

but, I think it is fair to include what
the school leaders, virginia politicians, and the whitehouse has to say about this

It is the shooter's fault

all the rest

is just measures that can be taken to prevent the likihood of it happening again

europop2005 said:

i don't but words hit hard to me...and yes...i have a friend who is in the hospital right now...i know alot of people who go there

my heart is with you all

Sorry to hear about your friend. I hope your friend will be ok.

As far as music -- I think it's perfectly appropriate to turn to music for meaning and comfort in times such as this.

unico said:
my student was shot and killed. it has been confirmed from his mother. :sad:

i dont know what to do/say

I am so very sorry. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom