MERGED--> Shooter loose on Virginia Tech campus - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-18-2007, 08:35 AM   #376
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:37 PM
it is a bomb threat. it is not a residence hall. however, there may have been faculty/staff there. it is our largest auditorium, and an academic building. offices, admissions, etc.

i sincerely hope nobody is there. and i hope that they catch whoever is involved with this bomb threat. it is unsettling to think there are people here who still want to kill. it is like they have been unaffected by all this.

8:35am e-mail from university:
It was reported that suspicious activity was in burssuss hall. Police reponded. The incident was determined to be unfounded.

Police are leaving. I hope hope hope this is over.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:42 AM   #377
ONE
love, blood, life

Please be safe M, and be aware of whats going on around you.

Old 04-18-2007, 08:46 AM   #378
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
I haven't posted in this thread until now, as I haven't felt I had words that could be of much comfort or rather, words that haven't been said already. last night, I watched about two hours of coverage, flipping between CNN and ABC and CBS. It was like I couldn't stop watching and learning more. When I saw the students cheering "Let's go Hokies", I got goosebumps. it truly is hard not to feel anything about this situation and feel some of the sadness that this community and campus are feeling

For Mia and Laura and others affected, my heart goes out and I've been thinking about you constantly. I hope the days get easier somehow, and that you are safe
Old 04-18-2007, 08:48 AM   #379
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:37 PM
Craziness. This is not needed.

There are some pictures of me up on www.dailypress.com in the photo gallery from our vigil last night. (Pics 9-11 are from my school) Now the whole world has evidence that I was crying

The other one you can just see my legs and cell phone as I was taking a picture of people signing a canvas.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:07 AM   #380
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:37 PM
Mia! I'm so sorry!! Stay safe. I'm praying for you! :Pray:
Old 04-18-2007, 09:11 AM   #381
Blue Crack Addict

Here's an article on my friend who was shot...its tough to read.

http://www.theintelligencer.net/News...rticleID=18560
Old 04-18-2007, 09:22 AM   #382
Blue Crack Addict

The shooter's parents attempted suicide
https://www.koreaherald.co.kr/SITE/d...0704180092.asp
Old 04-18-2007, 09:24 AM   #383
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
I thought that yesterday at the press conference, that claim was said to be a false rumour. I certainly hope so. Enough people have died needlessly.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:25 AM   #384
Blue Crack Distributor

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
I couldn't even begin to imagine what it's like being the shooter's parents - how could you cope knowing the child you raised and had such high hopes for did something so monstrous? I can't wrap my mind around that.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:31 AM   #385
Refugee

Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 06:37 AM
How sad for them

I'm still wrapping my mind round this whole thing. I'm really not sitting well with the whole "we're not surprised it was him" train of thought. I don't like the fact that a faculty memeber gave him an 'A' because she was scared of him. I mean what does that mean? Why are their not things in place to deal with students like him? Why is couselling not madatory for "at risk" students especially as they are kind of his employers as he is a student and the uni obviously has rules and rugulations a studnet must follow.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:37 AM   #386
Blue Crack Addict

WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Washington Nationals wore Virginia Tech baseball caps during Tuesday night's game against the Atlanta Braves as a tribute to the victims of the shooting rampage at the school.

"It was an honor to wear that hat," Washington center fielder Ryan Church said after his team's 6-4 loss. "Our thoughts and prayers go out to the victims and their families."

Nationals players wore a few different versions of the hats; most were burgundy with "VT" in orange or white. Manager Manny Acta, pitching coach Randy St. Claire and other coaches wore white "VT" caps with burgundy stitching.

Left fielder Chris Snelling's cap will be sent to the Hall of Fame in Cooperstown, N.Y., while Acta and some players autographed their hats, which will be sent to Virginia Tech.

"The Nationals have you in our hearts and in our prayers," relief pitcher Chad Cordero wrote above his signature.

The Nationals said the idea of wearing the Virginia Tech caps came from a fan from Calvert County, Md., who e-mailed team president Stan Kasten.

"When I read it, I thought, 'Wow. This is really nice,"' Kasten said. "It was the very least we could do."

He said the team ran the tribute past Major League Baseball beforehand and commissioner Bud Selig and chief operating officer Bob DuPuy "were instantly supportive."

The Nationals held moments of silence for the victims of Monday's shooting before their home games Monday and Tuesday. Washington's RFK Stadium is a drive of about 4 hours from the university's Blacksburg campus.

"This happening in our backyard, we're more sensitive to this than anybody," Kasten said.

Nationals third baseman Ryan Zimmerman is from Virginia Beach and went to college at Virginia Tech rival Virginia.

"It was special, especially for me, them kind of being the school we always wanted to beat, more than anybody else," Zimmerman said. "It kind of shows you how little sports mean. ... It makes you realize how lucky we have it and not to take any days for granted."
Old 04-18-2007, 09:52 AM   #387
Blue Crack Addict

Thanks for posting that Mrs.S...as a fellow baseball fan seeing that is very touching.
Old 04-18-2007, 09:56 AM   #388
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by dazzlingamy
How sad for them

I'm still wrapping my mind round this whole thing. I'm really not sitting well with the whole "we're not surprised it was him" train of thought. I don't like the fact that a faculty memeber gave him an 'A' because she was scared of him. I mean what does that mean? Why are their not things in place to deal with students like him? Why is couselling not madatory for "at risk" students especially as they are kind of his employers as he is a student and the uni obviously has rules and rugulations a studnet must follow.
His professors and roommate have reported him to police in the past, and referred him into counseling. They dismissed it b/c they said his writing didn't specifically target anyone. Unfortunately, I don't know if you can really force someone into counseling...in or out of school, you know?

I have a feeling the school might get hit for how he was handled in the past.

Apparently they found an 8-paged typed letter from him when they found his body. He was blaming "rich kids and religion" and saying "you caused me to do this."
Old 04-18-2007, 10:03 AM   #389
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

I read it She's a beautiful girl. I hope and pray she will be better soon.
Old 04-18-2007, 10:20 AM   #390
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by U2democrat

Laura I hope your friend recovers okay. I can't imagine what it would be like to have a bullet stuck inside you. What a painful memory.