McCain speaks out against attack ads - Page 6 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2004, 10:58 AM   #76
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:56 AM
Kerry has made his Vietnam experience the cornerstone of his presidential bid. It does not look that the image he has created will stand reasonable scrutiny.

Old 08-11-2004, 12:49 PM   #77
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 03:56 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by nbcrusader
Kerry has made his Vietnam experience the cornerstone of his presidential bid. It does not look that the image he has created will stand reasonable scrutiny.
Perhaps not, but I'd like another source. O'Neill has had an axe to grind against John Kerry since 1971, and Corsi is a nutjob. One of the "Swift Boat Veterans for Truth" pulled a flip-flop over signing an affadavit for the article in the Boston Globe. I'm suspicious of the credibility of these particular guys. How do we know they're not just a couple of hate-mongerers, or guys with grudges or jealousy? Or out to make a quick buck while they're at it? Muslim voters are absolutely up in arms over Corsi's anti-Islamic statements. I saw a series of anti-Islamic statements from him over the years, and they're damning. I can also do without his insulting the Pope, thank you very much. He thinks priests are a bunch of pedophiles. While I do not wish to condone or whitewash the sex scandals, which are a disgrace and a crime, this is terribly unfair to the 90+% of priests who do their jobs and keep their promises. I say he's got issues.

Old 08-11-2004, 05:07 PM   #78
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
George W. Bush's Resume
http://www.filestash.net/The_Truth.pdf
Old 08-11-2004, 06:31 PM   #79
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by swizzlestick

http://www.filestash.net/The_Truth.pdf
Was this meant to be a factual rebuttal, or just a point of view from the other side?
Old 08-13-2004, 05:51 PM   #80
The Fly

Now that Muqtada al-Sadr is surrounded in Iraq, reports are that he has shrapnel in his leg....

Just wondering if he is going to apply for the Purple Heart
Old 08-13-2004, 06:03 PM   #81
Refugee

Now you're insulting the entire military? It's not like they just give out purple hearts like they're candy. You're calling into question the validity of anyone who has ever received one.

Are you going to make fun of Max Cleland now? Seriously ...
Old 08-13-2004, 07:25 PM   #82
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by verte76

Or out to make a quick buck while they're at it?
That is what I suspect more than anything. I'm now so pleased I didn't get into the publishing industry. They really will print anything as long as they think there's money to be had.

Really, do people honestly think Kerry made this shit up?

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:38 PM   #83
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy

Now you're insulting the entire military? It's not like they just give out purple hearts like they're candy. You're calling into question the validity of anyone who has ever received one.

Are you going to make fun of Max Cleland now? Seriously ...
Actually, I am just pointing out in a facetious way how John Kerry got 3 Purple Hearts. It's a joke, lighten up. In no way am I trying to disrespect the Purple Heart. I know the sacrifices all our military have made for my freedown and am 100% thankful for that. Including those that received them legitimately.

Before all this Kerry talk, I actually thought the Purple Heart was something you received for a heroic achievment. It forced me to research it a little more.

Thank you, John Kerry.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:58 PM   #84
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by swizzlestick

In no way am I trying to disrespect the Purple Heart.

Before all this Kerry talk, I actually thought the Purple Heart was something you received for a heroic achievment.
Those seem to be contradictory statements.

Hey, you know what would be really funny? Going down to one of those veterans' parades and knocking the ribbons (that they probably didn't earn, and would mean nothing even if they did) off of those old guys' hats. Hilarious!
Old 08-13-2004, 08:00 PM   #85
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by paxetaurora

I'm now so pleased I didn't get into the publishing industry.
Well it may not be so bad if you stay away from the publishing house that's publishing the Swift Boat Vets' book.

http://www.regnery.com/new/new.html
Old 08-13-2004, 08:06 PM   #86
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:56 AM
Isn't getting wounded in battle in the service of one's country reasonably heroic?

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-13-2004, 11:03 PM   #87
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:56 AM
I have not heard very much legitimate criticism on the swiftboat vets, its usually just right-wing nutjob attacks followed by them being part of a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Can somebody please explain to me why its wrong to criticize Kerry for claiming to have been in Cambodia during Christmas 1968 when a substantial ammount of evidence points to the contrary?

I dont understand how some (this is Daily Kos and DU thankfully not here) turn it around and start questioning their service, its almost as if its the same hatred they had for the troops during the war is still there only Kerry gets a pass because although he was for the war it was before he was against it.

I think that questioning the mans service is wrong, but considering how much emphasis he has put on it for his campaign holding what he has said in regards to events to scrutiny as well as his actions in the anti-war movement are fair game.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:17 PM   #88
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
I have not heard very much legitimate criticism on the swiftboat vets, its usually just right-wing nutjob attacks followed by them being part of a Vast Right Wing Conspiracy. Can somebody please explain to me why its wrong to criticize Kerry for claiming to have been in Cambodia during Christmas 1968 when a substantial ammount of evidence points to the contrary?

I dont understand how some (this is Daily Kos and DU thankfully not here) turn it around and start questioning their service, its almost as if its the same hatred they had for the troops during the war is still there only Kerry gets a pass because although he was for the war it was before he was against it.

I think that questioning the mans service is wrong, but considering how much emphasis he has put on it for his campaign holding what he has said in regards to events to scrutiny as well as his actions in the anti-war movement are fair game.
My feelings exactly.

ThatGuy. Again I am not knocking the Purple Heart. John Kerry should be commended for going to Vietnam. Something Bush did not do. Something Clinton did not do. Something my dad or a lot of Americans didn't do. But that isn't to say because you didn't go to Vietnam was a bad thing. It was a horrible conflict. My dad was in the Navy and was stationed in the Mediterranean Sea for 12 months and never got called. Would that be considered heroic? In my eyes yes.

No matter what you think of the Swiftboat Vets for Truth, they still were the people that served with Kerry. Over 250 of them have now spoken out against his service. They are saying he is lying about what really happened. This is 250 men! And yes, men that served 5 feet from him. Even if he was my candidate, I would believe them. Why won't Kerry sign a standard Form 180 to release all his records? What is he hiding? This whole debate can be put to rest if he would do that. Bush has realeased his records on the National Guard.

Kerry's Vietnam service is open for debate since he has made it the main issue of his campaign. I don't feel it should be an issue, personally. Even though Kerry did serve only 4 months compared to the standard 12, he still is a hero for serving his country and going to war.

I just find it ironic that the Democrats during the Vietnam war were the ones who were the most outspoken against it, and now they are the ones who are praising it.
Old 08-14-2004, 12:29 PM   #89
The Fly

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Can somebody please explain to me why its wrong to criticize Kerry for claiming to have been in Cambodia during Christmas 1968 when a substantial ammount of evidence points to the contrary?
A_W,

Kerry has now said it was January, not Christmas. They are making the addendum to his autobiography now.
Old 08-15-2004, 10:32 AM   #90
Blue Crack Addict

Well, it would help if O'Neil weren't claiming that those wounds were self-inflicted. I have seen the citations for the medals on the Internet. They are signed by military top brass, including the Secretary of the Navy. The Swift Boat guys have the doctor who treated him wrong, it was another doctor. There seem to be holes in their narrative. It's like Soren Kierkegaard's "leap of faith", something you either believe or don't believe mainly based on your opinion of John Kerry.