McCain speaks out against attack ads - Page 5 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-07-2004, 11:44 PM   #61
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

That link is downright scary.

Yes it is.

Quote:
And people complain about Moore being biased.
And Moore is not biased, he lies and tells half truths.

Somehow, I fail to understand how people who have a problem with Moore would not have a problem with this person as well.

Old 08-08-2004, 12:06 AM   #62
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:00 AM
They really will give anyone a book contract these days, as long as it looks like the publisher can make a fast buck. It's a damn shame.

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-08-2004, 02:43 AM   #63
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 10:00 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Yes it is.

Somehow, I fail to understand how people who have a problem with Moore would not have a problem with this person as well.
I think I may have worded my post wrong - we're basically in complete agreement here. People who despise Moore for his tactics should be just as outraged if not more so at this wacko.
Old 08-08-2004, 10:47 AM   #64
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:00 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Diemen

I think I may have worded my post wrong - we're basically in complete agreement here. People who despise Moore for his tactics should be just as outraged if not more so at this wacko.
I was thinking the same exact thing. Would you trust a guy who makes insulting remarks about the Pope? I think the remark about the Pope being "senile", as well as the impending demise of the Catholic Church, is way out of line. OK, Moore is biased. He definitely has an agenda. So does this guy.
Old 08-08-2004, 11:39 AM   #65
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

Moore is NOT biased?

Don't they ALL tell lies and half truths? (All meaning these politically slanted media types like Moore, Limbaugh, Hannity, etc. etc.)
Old 08-10-2004, 10:57 AM   #66
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:00 PM
Christmas in Cambodia

As Kerry's war record gets further scrutiny, it seems that he has embelished, or fabricated, some stories through the years. The latest is Kerry's "Christmas in Cambodia" story. He made several claims on the Senate floor which lack supporting evidence and are being refuted by more than just the Swift Boat crews.....

Quote:
"I remember spending Christmas Eve of 1968 five miles across the Cambodian border being shot at by our South Vietnamese allies who were drunk and celebrating Christmas. The absurdity of almost being killed by our own allies in a country in which President Nixon claimed there were no American troops was very real."
Note: Nixon was not president in December 1968.

Also:

Quote:
All the living commanders in Kerryís chain of commandóJoe Streuhli (Commander of CosDiv 13), George Elliott (Commander of CosDiv 11), Adrian Lonsdale (Captain, USCG and Commander, Coastal Surveillance Center at An Thoi), Rear Admiral Roy Hoffmann (Commander, Coastal Surveillance Force Vietnam, CTF 115), and Rear Admiral Art Price (Commander of River Patrol Force, CTF 116)ódeny that Kerry was ever ordered to Cambodia...
Old 08-10-2004, 11:13 AM   #67
Blue Crack Addict

Quite possibly he meant "President-elect Nixon", which is what he was. I'll investigate this other stuff. We historians like to compare ourselves to detectives.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:53 AM   #68
The Fly

If Kerry signed a Navy Standard Form 180, both sides of this issue would know what really happened. I for one would be interested to read the truth. What does Kerry have to hide?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:00 PM   #69
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:00 PM
It interesting that the man is clinging to his 4 1/2 months in Vietnam as credentials to be president rather than his anti-war actions or the 20 years in public office.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:08 PM   #70
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
It interesting that the man is clinging to his 4 1/2 months in Vietnam as credentials to be president rather than his anti-war actions or the 20 years in public office.
So now the pro-Bush team wants to look at people's previous records? Please if that was the case Bush would have never even gotten the nod for Republican canidate yet alone presidency. Look at how he left Texas and every other business venture he made...and his military record not even worth mentioning.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:25 PM   #71
Blue Crack Addict

I'll just say that Jerome Corsi's anti-Catholic sentiments are terribly upsetting to me. The guy strikes me as a real hate-mongerer. This is not in any way meant to say that Kerry doesn't deserve criticism. Far from it. This feeling has nothing to do with John Kerry. He calls the Pope "senile" and implies that the demise of Catholilcism is right around the corner, as we saw in that link. It's the Catholic in me as I am in fact an independent rather than a Democrat. I would like another salesman. I wonder if he hates us so much, who else does he hate irrationally?
Old 08-10-2004, 11:27 PM   #72
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:00 PM
I think its unwise to simply use one experience as the reason that you should be president. If that cornerstone for your bid on the presidency is undermined then you are up a particular creek without a certain instrument.

Bush's record in both business and the air national guard has been called into question plenty of times, Farenheit 9/11 levels really big charges to show how inept Bush is and that got a nationwide release, and the outcry over his millitary record too. Politics is a dirty game and each side will do everything to bring down the other down - I just hope that some of this mud slinging reflects badly on the perpetrator rather than the victim.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:35 PM   #73
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

I absolutely agree. For some reason this one just strikes me as one of the more hypocritical attacks and it almost makes me laugh.
Old 08-10-2004, 11:44 PM   #74
Refugee

Local Time: 08:00 PM
George W. Bush's Resume
Old 08-10-2004, 11:59 PM   #75
Blue Crack Addict

I agree, A_Wanderer. I despise mud-slinging. I hated the whole campaign of 1988, quite frankly, because it was too damned muddy, the whole thing. It was politics at its worst. And politics at its best is, I will agree, really dirty stuff and both sides will play the game until the electorate is burned out to a crisp.