McCain speaks out against attack ads - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2004, 06:52 PM   #16
Refugee

Local Time: 03:37 AM
Not to mention that those that served on John Kerry's boat have a far different recollection of the man. And that his superiors at the time wrote glowing reports.

You can listen to the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth if you want, but you have to do so with a very big grain of salt.

Old 08-05-2004, 06:59 PM   #17
you are what you is

Local Time: 12:37 PM
when you're in a room with 9 other people 3 will become friends, 3 will be indifferent to you and 3 of them you'll never get along with

I think this is sort of what is happening to Kerry which is probably his own fault since he is putting his Vietnam experiences in the limelight
so you will get the backlash

I guess when you stay at home at least you won't meet 3 more people who won't like you

“Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.”
~Frank Zappa
Old 08-05-2004, 07:04 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by ThatGuy
You can listen to the Swift Boat Veterans For Truth if you want, but you have to do so with a very big grain of salt.
Like listening to Michael Moore??
Old 08-05-2004, 07:06 PM   #19
Refugee

Yes, just like that.

And if the Kerry situation were reversed I'd still give more credence to the guys that served on the boat with him.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:28 PM   #20
Blue Crack Addict

Is it possible, and I am not suggesting that this occurred, that the members of a swift boat never criticize each other in the same way that police officers keep (or are alleged to keep) a "code of silence" with respect to their partners?
Old 08-05-2004, 07:30 PM   #21
Refugee

Local Time: 07:37 AM
or...is it possible that Kerry is actually a good guy that did a good job in Vietnam and did indeed do what he said?
Old 08-05-2004, 07:35 PM   #22
Refugee

Kerry was in command of two different boats. I suppose he could have made "deals" with both crews at the time, but I don't see why they'd go along.
Old 08-05-2004, 07:57 PM   #23
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:37 AM
I think John McCain is COURAGEOUS for speaking out against this most DESPARATE ATTEMPT to defame John Kerry.

And I'm not speaking as supporting either Bush or Kerry - I'm trying to stay out of most of those threads. But this is NOT about partisan politics - it's about POLITICAL and PERSONAL INTEGRITY!

The fact that one of the MOST RESPECTED Republicans would take such a strong stand against these ads that have not been refuted by the White House is SIGNIFICANT.

It signals that GROWING numbers of mainstream Republicans are breaking rank with the Bush ADMINISTRATION over its tactics and its policies whether at home or around the world.

And there is NO other Republican that the majority of American people respect more than John McCain - a heroic prisoner of war during the Vietnam War. He showed TREMENDOUS STRENGTH OF COURAGE AND CHARACTER then as he is showing now.

GOD BLESS JOHN McCAIN....
Old 08-05-2004, 08:08 PM   #24
Refugee

here here Jamila!
Old 08-05-2004, 08:19 PM   #25
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 11:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jamila
I think John McCain is COURAGEOUS for speaking out against this most DESPARATE ATTEMPT to defame John Kerry.

And I'm not speaking as supporting either Bush or Kerry - I'm trying to stay out of most of those threads. But this is NOT about partisan politics - it's about POLITICAL and PERSONAL INTEGRITY!

The fact that one of the MOST RESPECTED Republicans would take such a strong stand against these ads that have not been refuted by the White House is SIGNIFICANT.

It signals that GROWING numbers of mainstream Republicans are breaking rank with the Bush ADMINISTRATION over its tactics and its policies whether at home or around the world.

And there is NO other Republican that the majority of American people respect more than John McCain - a heroic prisoner of war during the Vietnam War. He showed TREMENDOUS STRENGTH OF COURAGE AND CHARACTER then as he is showing now.

GOD BLESS JOHN McCAIN....
I'd just like to inform you that John McCain is going to be a key speaker at the Republican convention starting August 30. He is going to essentially talk about why you should vote for the Bush/Cheney ticket in 2004 and NOT Kerry/Edwards.

Since you hold him in such high regard, please listen to what he has to say on this and remember that he supports Bush for president!
Old 08-05-2004, 08:39 PM   #26
Refugee

I admire him for speaking out against attack ads. However I do not share his support of Bush and I never will.
Old 08-05-2004, 08:49 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

Of course McCain supports Bush. He's a Republican. Surprise, surprise. It also doesn't surprise me that he's speaking out about aspects of his campaign that he doesn't like. I respect the guy's honesty even if I can't share his political views.
Old 08-05-2004, 09:41 PM   #28
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I couldn't care less....

Kerry had the balls to serve; Bush did not.

But Bush has no problem sending men to die in Iraq for false reasons.

If I was in the military, I'd want Kerry for president.....at least he'd think twice before sending my ass to die for nothing.

....and Kerry also saved a man's life while endangering his own while on that gunboat.

Does he have all the answers? No. But godammit, he's gotta be better than the chicken-hawk.
Old 08-05-2004, 10:08 PM   #29
Refugee

wooohooo JOFO one of the most well-put posts on here!!
Old 08-05-2004, 11:05 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by JOFO
I couldn't care less....

Kerry had the balls to serve; Bush did not.

But Bush has no problem sending men to die in Iraq for false reasons.

If I was in the military, I'd want Kerry for president.....at least he'd think twice before sending my ass to die for nothing.

....and Kerry also saved a man's life while endangering his own while on that gunboat.

Does he have all the answers? No. But godammit, he's gotta be better than the chicken-hawk.
Bush did serve in the National Guard and I do not think you should be ripping apart his service or the service of anyone else that served in the National Guard.

Bush was elected the President of the United States. He is the Commander in Chief and in consultation with his advisors to include people like Colin Powell, Don Rumsfeld, Dick Cheney, and Condelezza Rice, made the important decision to remove Saddam because of his failure to verifiably disarm of all WMD per the conditions of the 1991 Gulf War Ceacefire. The President had overwhelming approval from the US congress for his actions as well as the support of John Kerry!

The only thing false about the war in Iraq was Saddam's position that he was in compliance with UN resolutions.

While everyone should salute John Kerry service of 4 MONTHS in Vietnam, eveyone should be mindful of the fact that John Kerry has spent most of his Career in the Senate trying to take money away from the Military. When Kerry first Campaigned for the Senate in 1984, he campaigned against Weapon Systems that are currently vital to the work are military is doing in Iraq and other places in the world. Kerry was against Weapon systems like the M1 Tank, M2 Bradley, Apache Attack Helicopter, as well as the Patriot Missile.

Mr. Kerry has not been a Senator that has had a record of fighting hard to get money for the US military or important weapon systems. He has in fact done much of the opposite.

Mr. Kerry was against the removal of Saddam's military from Kuwait in 1991 through the only way possible, the use of military force. If Mr. Kerry had been president back then, not only would Saddam still be in power, he would still be in control of Kuwait and its energy reserves that are so vital to the global economy.

When it comes to John Kerry's post-Vietnam activities in the 1970s, I'd take George Bush and his controversial Alabama National Guard record any day over John Kerry and his Jane Fonda activities.

Whats really important is what the two men have done in elected office. Bush has supported the military and has had an excellant foreign policy. Kerry has done his best to rob the military of some of its best weapons and capabilities as well as having made poor decisions on foreign policy, such as his unwillingness to remove Saddam from Kuwait in 1991.