Last Words (Kinda).

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Melon
and
Pop-
Shame on you both.
That was a graceful exit by one of the most intellectual minds of this fourm and you STILL continued to badger him upon his exit,sucker punching him all the way- dispicable!

Iam w you Bubba.

Godspeed-
Diamond

ps-What ever happened to that 'fairweathered' Republican "U2Bama"?

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 03-22-2002).]

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
ps-What ever happened to that 'fairweathered' Republican "U2Bama"?

Don't you recall? Bama is taking a leave of absence from the online community known as interference for the duration of Lent. He'll be back as soon as Lent is over. And I, for one, will be more than happy to have his voice of sanity around.

Originally posted by Achtung Bubba:
I'm heading out of the forum for a while, to simply focus more on real life. I'm about to post my official last post (for the time being) in Everything You Know Is Wrong, but I'd like to take a moment to share a few words of wisdom:

I'm going for now, so prove me wrong.

Show my ideological brothers the common courtesy you refused to show me.

With that, I leave you.

Mr. Bubba

Well it is my 50th post. Not very many post, yet such a dramatic result.

So many things I don't get to ask you, responses I don't get to make. Do come back, discussion can be stimulating and pleasurable.

Bubba, I will give you the last word, or should I say words, they are your own. Yes they are out of context but, they speak volumes.

Bubba's LAST WORDS

When the issue doesn't much matter, I respect different opinions.
When I'm wrong about facts or what someone else said, I admit it.
When I clearly go too far in my use of figurative language or harsh language, I apologize.
When someone else makes a good point (regardless of whether I disagree), I point that out, too.

posted 03-19-2002 11:33 PM If there is nothing else, I'm done with this discussion.

posted 03-20-2002 11:34 PM Now, if you're done, I'm outta here.

posted 03-21-2002 08:58 PM Chain, what the fuck do you think you are doing? Being completely honest: to be honest, you are an asshole.

posted 03-22-2002 11:10 AM At some point, a human being has to decide that enough is enough. Why has this happened? . I won't turn off my brain and start spewing emotional drivel. I will use my brain to harness my hatred and tear you a new 'hole.

posted 03-22-2002 11:54 AM One more thing: CHAIN ACTUALLY IS AN ASSHOLE. When he's been registered for a month (having posted less than 50 times) The end result is that I would like to meet the guy personally, so I bash his skull in.

posted 03-22-2002 01:50 PM And if you thought THAT post was bad, you should have seen it in its original form.

chain

One man come in the name of love
One man come and go
One man come, he to justify
One man to overthrow
In the name of love
What more in the name of love
In the name of love
What more in the name of love

[This message has been edited by chain (edited 03-22-2002).]

Hey chain,
Uncalled for I think.
The guy (A Bubba) said he was going away for a while. If you have issues with him, then why not resolve them while he is still here or when he comes back?

I think he meant in some of your "quotes" (if you want to call them that) that he was leaving that particular thread.

Hmmmm

If you have issues, your timing is "ironic"
rolleyes.gif

Originally posted by Diamond The U2 Patriot:
Melon
and
Pop-
Shame on you both.
That was a graceful exit by one of the most intellectual minds of this fourm and you STILL continued to badger him upon his exit,sucker punching him all the way- dispicable!

Iam w you Bubba.

Godspeed-
Diamond

I completely agree with you Diamond, But can you blame them.. It's an open opportunity to get their word in uncontested.. By Bubba at least, however I find it more than funny that PopAngel Chimes in with her own version of Lilly's 'I'll call you a dumb F#ck, but Technically I won't'... More on the fact that she contributes nothing to this forum other than being a once a fortnight Cheerleader with the Infamous Thumbs Up Icon. Me I prefer the Adam One.

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by melon:
See, Lemonite, threads like that are supposed to be silly. Nor do they ever come off saying "WE ARE RIGHT."

Get your eyes checked.

Melon

Nor have you ever said that, oh mighty melon.

I'm not here to debate the merits of any of this, but I will say that you, melon, are absolutely the last person on here who should be accusing someone of making the "most self-righteous and conceited post of all time".

Originally posted by Lemonite:
I completely agree with you Diamond, But can you blame them.. It's an open opportunity to get their word in uncontested.. By Bubba at least, however I find it more than funny that PopAngel Chimes in with her own version of Lilly's 'I'll call you a dumb F#ck, but Technically I won't'... More on the fact that she contributes nothing to this forum other than being a once a fortnight Cheerleader with the Infamous Thumbs Up Icon. Me I prefer the Adam One.

L.Unplugged

How about I stick that plug up your ass, Lemonite?

I contribute more to this forum than your lame put downs of fellow members and outright disdain of anyone who you feel isn't as well read as you think you are.

I'm leaving it at that, cause I've seen how you love to argue and I'm not playing that shit.

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
How about I stick that plug up your ass, Lemonite?

I'm leaving it at that, cause I've seen how you love to argue and I'm not playing that shit.

Bubba, You were more right than you knew..

Godspeed,
L.Unplugged

Id just like to take the opportunity to say youre all acting like children and have done for months and months. And Bubba, the example youve set as a squabbling admin in recent months is not far short of apalling.

You all need a break.

Originally posted by MSU2mike:
I'm not here to debate the merits of any of this, but I will say that you, melon, are absolutely the last person on here who should be accusing someone of making the "most self-righteous and conceited post of all time".

I have had my moments, granted, but this tops them all by far, and you know that.

If this had been a "graceful" exit, as many of you have stated, then why was this, virtually, a call-to-arms? This ensuing squabble was exactly what he expected and wanted.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

Originally posted by U2live:
it is totally mind-boggling how anyone that likes Rush Limpbaugh could find anything of merit in U2. It's like two complete opposite sides of a coin.
it is totally mind-boggling how anyone that likes U2 could find anything of merit in a post like yours. There are TWO sides of a coin
smile.gif

Thank you
wink.gif

Originally posted by U2live:
it is totally mind-boggling how anyone that likes Rush Limpbaugh could find anything of merit in U2. It's like two complete opposite sides of a coin.
That's one of the dumbest posts I have ever read in my life.

I would always want
Brother Edge
and
The Lemonite watching my back and 80's as my point-man..

Dont bash Pop too much Lemonite she's cool person in real life, she just needs an ocassional spanking.

No Melon you will not receive a spanking from me. Sorry.

Chain Iam sorry you and Bubba mixed it up that way. I dont think Bono would dig this.

I think its wonderouus how the music of U2 can cast such a wide net and reel us all in.
The 'camp of U2' is gathered under a very large and mighty tent.

Peace
Out-
Diamond

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 03-22-2002).]

Diamond, you never disappoint. Question, where will you stick your head now Bubba is gone?

"Bubba you are my man, Bubba, I couldn't have said better myself [and maybe can't so I will continue just to give you a thumbs up and let you argue all the points for me], Bubba my bro in arms, you said it all, Bubba they will never see the truth; there are too many trees in the way."
Blah blah.

Diamond, this is just an observation. Jump off that criticism bandwagon and join in. All you do is thumbs up those who say it 1st, then criticise harshly those who disagree with Bubba or 80's. Put some words together and form some sentences. I would like to hear your side of things.

Angela,

Please, we could be dealing with an endangered species here.
Bubba is gone.
Lemonite is over in his own thread erasing himself.
Go easy on Diamond. They?re having a bad day.

Chain

[This message has been edited by chain (edited 03-23-2002).]

Angela-
Bubba has a way of articulating what Iam thinking, and Im a busy fellow raising 2 independent thinking Republican young ladies and selling Jeeps.
I thought Ive posted a few noteworthy threads, so I thought, or perhaps Iam delusional.
I take my info from all sources.
I truly do.
I have my leanings of course, but Iam always open to dialouge.
Before reaching a conclusion,I try and appease all sides of an issue. Call me a 'deal-maker',if you will.

Chain-
You made me giggle.
As I understand it, presently, we have contingency forces that will be arriving quickly from Newport Beach, Ca-into this fourm...One of your neighbors.

Dont look now , but YOU are surrounded.

Love-
Diamond

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 03-23-2002).]

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Diamond, you never disappoint. Question, where will you stick your head now Bubba is gone?"Bubba you are my man, Bubba, I couldn't have said better myself [and maybe can't so I will continue just to give you a thumbs up and let you argue all the points for me], Bubba my bro in arms, you said it all, Bubba they will never see the truth; there are too many trees in the way."
Blah blah. Diamond, this is just an observation. Jump off that criticism bandwagon and join in. All you do is thumbs up those who say it 1st, then criticise harshly those who disagree with Bubba or 80's. Put some words together and form some sentences. I would like to hear your side of things.
Hold the phone, there, Angela. Your assertions about Diamond are not accurate. I have read plenty of Diamond's posts in this forum and in Everything...Wrong. He often has plenty to say. Sometimes he does encourage his fellow conservatives - so what is wrong with that? And it's not true that he "criticizes" people who "disagree" with me and Bubba. He "calls to the carpet" those who "insult" me and Bubba. That's a VERY important distinction. Bubba and I do the same thing for him. And that's the right thing to do. We conservatives on this forum are outnumbered, which makes it more necessary for us to form "cyber friendships", to encourage each other so much crap and mudslinging is often thrown.

Originally posted by 80sU2isBest:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Diamond, you never disappoint. Question, where will you stick your head now Bubba is gone?"Bubba you are my man, Bubba, I couldn't have said better myself [and maybe can't so I will continue just to give you a thumbs up and let you argue all the points for me], Bubba my bro in arms, you said it all, Bubba they will never see the truth; there are too many trees in the way."
Blah blah. Diamond, this is just an observation. Jump off that criticism bandwagon and join in. All you do is thumbs up those who say it 1st, then criticise harshly those who disagree with Bubba or 80's. Put some words together and form some sentences. I would like to hear your side of things.
Hold the phone, there, Angela. Your assertions about Diamond are not accurate. I have read plenty of Diamond's posts in this forum and in Everything...Wrong. He often has plenty to say. Sometimes he does encourage his fellow conservatives - so what is wrong with that? And it's not true that he "criticizes" people who "disagree" with me and Bubba. He "calls to the carpet" those who "insult" me and Bubba. That's a VERY important distinction. Bubba and I do the same thing for him. And that's the right thing to do. We conservatives on this forum are outnumbered, which makes it more necessary for us to form "cyber friendships", to encourage each other so much crap and mudslinging is often thrown.

Angela I might add, if I may, that when an issue is raised we don't all need to post 1000+ essays to a thread that say the same thing as our other conservative brothers do. If you see myself or Diamond or 80's chime in with "well said Bubba" then it means we have read his post and have nothing further to add, yet support his position. If there is a disagreement amongst us, then you will see it. Also, we sometimes add too what he has said.

I cannot say the same for our much larger "opposition"
smile.gif

Originally posted by brett:
Id just like to take the opportunity to say youre all acting like children and have done for months and months. And Bubba, the example youve set as a squabbling admin in recent months is not far short of apalling.

You all need a break.
"I couldn't have said it better myself"

[This message has been edited by Salome (edited 03-23-2002).]

As a European, i've got to ask the Americans:
are the differences in political/religious views really worth all the arguing?

How 'bout "agree to disagree" attitude?

Originally posted by Lemonite:

L.Unplugged

Looks like the chauvinist leprechaun really isn't learning much about basic human interactions in his school that in just this side of heaven in his eyes.

Lesson 1) from your mentor: Treat others how you would like to be treated! A good Catholic-school going Conservative should know something about that, no? It not only works well in real life, but in Internet communities. In other words- get off of Lilly's and POPAngel's ass. Stop being such a jerk to people (noticed, I did not use ASS in reference to you because it offended you so much last time).

Everytime I come in FYM to read some thought-provoking posts, I find chauvinist leprechaun posts demeaning people because od something not even related to the original thread (such as the use of the thumbs-up icon - jeez). Buddy, tone it down!

(p.s. - the Ticketmaster Alert is back!)

Carry on with A Bubba's thread!

Back
Top Bottom