Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 51 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 10-12-2008, 10:24 PM   #751
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:33 AM
Quote:
"American just cannot afford another big spender in the White House."

from a Republican? seriously?

Old 10-12-2008, 10:25 PM   #752
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

This is where Joe Biden points to George Bush and says "91% of the time, ladies and gentlemen."

Old 10-12-2008, 10:37 PM   #753
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irvine511 View Post

I was thinking that during the last debate when McCain started going on about small government and cutting spending. I think it’s so blindingly obvious that Republicans completely take their guns’n’god’n’god bless America base for a ride, whip them up for votes once every four years and totally ignore them otherwise, but I don’t really think that’s all that interesting because, lets be honest, they’re best left ignored. I do think though that the more intelligent end of the Republican spectrum by now must surely not be sitting there taking the small government/cut spending promises seriously anymore. And if not, just how many times will a Republican candidate have to get up there and go on and on about that only to do the exact opposite on a record scale before Republicans WILL stop believing it?
Old 10-12-2008, 11:04 PM   #754
Blue Crack Supplier

oh, look, Palin's pimpin' out one of her kids! only this time, it's so she doesn't get booed at Flyers game.

Quote:
Palin drops puck to boos, cheers
Posted: Sunday, October 12, 2008 2:32 PM by Mark Murray
Filed Under: 2008, Palin

From NBC/NJ's Matthew E. Berger
PHILADELPHIA -- A healthy mix of boos and cheers greeted Palin last night as she dropped the ceremonial first puck for the Philadelphia Flyers season -- with an assist from her youngest daughter.

For days, blogs and Web sites had suggested Palin’s appearance would be met mostly with jeers. But Palin received a mixed reaction as she joined the winner of the team’s “Ultimate Hockey Mom” contest, Cathy O’Connell from Erdenheim, Pa.

Perhaps it was Palin’s youngest daughter, Piper, who emerged with her in a Flyers jersey, which helped mollify the crowd. The Alaska governor had even foreshadowed the tactic earlier in the day.

“I’ve been warned that Flyers fans, they get so enthused, that they boo everybody at the drop of the puck,” she said at a Philadelphia fundraiser Saturday afternoon. “But what I thought I’d do is I’d put Piper in a Flyers jersey, bring her out with me. How dare they boo Piper!”

Palin stepped from the team tunnel and out onto a black carpet with Piper and middle daughter Willow and walked across center ice. Some fans clapped, while others booed or held their thumbs pointed down. She shook hands with O’Connell and Flyers captain Mike Richards, and gave a kiss to Rangers assistant captain Scotty Gomez, a native Alaskan.

Palin knelt down, posed for photos with the players and O’Connell and dropped the puck with her simultaneously. She then shook the players’ hands again and walked off into the tunnel.

Palin watched part of the game in a skybox and also gave interviews to Comcast SportsNet and ESPN.
stay classy, Ms. Palin.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:00 AM   #755
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
In case you and others have not noticed, we have a new forum mod who just stated the following:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post

Saved me the trouble.
It's going to take me a while to get used to this.
Old 10-13-2008, 12:03 AM   #756
Blue Crack Supplier

Philly fans boo those who earn it. She earned it.

I'm pissed that Ed Snider would try to make a political statement here, but then again I'm not a big Snider fan or Palin fan, so I'm biased anyway.

Lucky for her, they played the music as she entered at a very high volume so you could barely here the noise on the ice. According to people actually in the crowd though, it was mostly boos with a few cheers.
Old 10-13-2008, 02:50 PM   #757
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
See as a senator, John has confronted the corrupt ways of Washington. And the wasteful spending. And the abuses of power. As president, he’s going to end those once and for all.
Oh the irony.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #758
Refugee

Quote:
Originally Posted by kellyahern View Post
That's great and all but the thing that really bugs me is if Obama was booed at an event like this all we would hear for days and days would be screams of RACISM from the media. Tell me I'm wrong. And don't be snarky and tell me no one would boo him.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:10 PM   #759
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Vest View Post
That's great and all but the thing that really bugs me is if Obama was booed at an event like this all we would hear for days and days would be screams of RACISM from the media. Tell me I'm wrong. And don't be snarky and tell me no one would boo him.

no one would boo him.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:15 PM   #760
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
That's great and all but the thing that really bugs me is if Obama was booed at an event like this
Can you pick out the key word?

Obama would not get booed like Sarah Palin got booed. That's not snark, that's reality.
Old 10-13-2008, 04:20 PM   #761
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:33 AM
There's nothing particularly extreme about booing, especially at a sports event.

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 10-13-2008, 04:24 PM   #762
Refugee

Local Time: 12:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
Can you pick out the key word?

Obama would not get booed like Sarah Palin got booed. That's not snark, that's reality.
Obama would likely get booed in Texas, Arizona, Alaska and buttfuck, Kansas......
Old 10-13-2008, 04:26 PM   #763
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin accidentally mistook some of her own fans for protesters Monday.

A massive crowd of at least 20,000 spread across the parking lot of Richmond International Raceway. Many on the outer periphery, more than 100 yards from the stage, couldn't hear.

They started chanting, "Louder! Louder!" Palin thought they were protesters, looked toward them and said, "I hope those protesters have the courage and honor to give veterans thanks for their right to protest."
Old 10-13-2008, 04:45 PM   #764
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Quote:
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Republican vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin accidentally mistook some of her own fans for protesters Monday.

A massive crowd of at least 20,000 spread across the parking lot of Richmond International Raceway. Many on the outer periphery, more than 100 yards from the stage, couldn't hear.

They started chanting, "Louder! Louder!" Palin thought they were protesters, looked toward them and said, "I hope those protesters have the courage and honor to give veterans thanks for their right to protest."
Besides how funny the misunderstanding is, I find it quite interesting that Palin's first reaction to the "protestors" is to essentially question their patriotism.

And here I thought she was promising change from the past 8 years.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:18 PM   #765
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
You're wrong. Why do you think she got booed?