Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 50 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 10-12-2008, 05:41 PM   #736
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by financeguy View Post
It's a bit late in the day for you to come out as a pro-life advocate. Over the many occasions when I and one or two others have tried to defend the pro-life movement on here, you haven't had a thing to say.
Thats not true at all actually.
__________________

__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:42 PM   #737
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Let's save the abortion debate for another thread, guys.
__________________

__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:53 PM   #738
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
Utoo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Lovetown
Posts: 8,343
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
Thats actually not necessarily true. Some mothers may feel that way, but certainly not all. The same with the person who is the product of that rape.

Ah, and it's not necessarily true that a person created from such a catastrophic event would prefer to be alive. Some may feel that way, but certainly not all; some may feel extraordinary guilt or be psychologically damaged by the knowledge.

If my point is not valid, then neither is yours by the very same logic.

Quote:
What is totally absurd is that either of those things could be used to justify killing someone who is completely innocent.
I find it equally absurd that one would allow the further destruction of a raped child's life because we're assuming we know how the product of conception would feel.



But that's for another thread.
__________________
Utoo is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 05:54 PM   #739
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiphop View Post
I read she was booed at for oneandahalf minutes. And polls say Obama is leading.
Is there video of her being booed?

Because I'd really like to see that
__________________
kellyahern is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 06:14 PM   #740
She's the One
 
martha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Orange County and all over the goddamn place
Posts: 42,334
Local Time: 10:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strongbow View Post
the only thing that could trump the life of the child in such a situation would be the life of the mother.

Unless the mother is a 12-year-old girl raped by her father apparently.
__________________
martha is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #741
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,655
Local Time: 12:26 AM
YouTube - Sarah Palin BOOED at hockey game
__________________
BVS is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 06:15 PM   #742
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 01:26 AM
The pro-life movement cracks me up, because it's almost entirely composed of supporters of the death penalty.

It's like that whole doublethink thing from 1984.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 06:16 PM   #743
Blue Crack Supplier
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 30,343
Local Time: 01:26 AM
And, STING, your argument defending Palin's view on rape victims and abortions is beyond absurd. It doesn't make any sense for you to decide whether or not a mother can handle looking at a child who was fathered by a rapist.
__________________
phillyfan26 is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 06:19 PM   #744
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: London/Sydney
Posts: 6,608
Local Time: 07:26 AM
Pallin' around with terrorists.

__________________
Earnie Shavers is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 06:32 PM   #745
Refugee
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 1,943
Local Time: 06:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by phillyfan26 View Post
And, STING, your argument defending Palin's view on rape victims and abortions is beyond absurd. It doesn't make any sense for you to decide whether or not a mother can handle looking at a child who was fathered by a rapist.

In case you and others have not noticed, we have a new forum mod who just stated the following:


Quote:
Let's save the abortion debate for another thread, guys.
__________________
Strongbow is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 06:33 PM   #746
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 12:26 AM


Saved me the trouble.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 06:58 PM   #747
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 11:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earnie Shavers View Post
Pallin' around with terrorists.

brilliant!
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 08:26 PM   #748
Forum Moderator
 
yolland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 7,471
Local Time: 07:26 AM
.
Quote:
Palin talks economic worries in Appalachian Ohio

By PHILIP ELLIOTT, Associated Press, Oct. 12


ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio (AP) — Sarah Palin told voters in southeastern Ohio on Sunday that she and running mate John McCain would bring jobs back to this economically depressed piece of Appalachia. Using her folksy appeal, Palin highlighted her record as mayor of a city about the size of this small one near the West Virginia border.

She said Democratic rival Barack Obama doesn't understand places like this. "I love 'Small Town USA' because hardworking, good American (families), you just get it," Palin said while standing on a stage with an open barn as her backdrop. "It's kind of like those simple lessons our parents used to teach us: Don't spend more than you have," Palin said. "It's that commonsense conservatism that is John McCain. ... American just cannot afford another big spender in the White House."

McCain and his running mate have toned down their attacks on rival Barack Obama. Last Monday, Palin said Obama was "palling around with terrorists." On Friday, after voters at campaign rallies shouted "terrorist" and "off with his head" toward the stage, McCain called Obama "a decent, family man" whom the public shouldn't fear and cut off a woman who called him an Arab.

On Sunday, one man shouted out "Obama loves terrorists" as Palin talked about "the bad guys."

The character attacks, it appears, are now out of Palin's stump speech as the economy has become the issue on which this election will be decided. "All across America, I know that there's a lot of anger right now," Palin said. "There's anger about the insider dealing of lobbyists. And anger at the greed of Wall Street. And anger about the arrogance of the Washington elite."

"That's right. Throw them out," a voter shouted.

"We need serious reforms to change Washington. John McCain is going to turn your anger into action," Palin promised. She also noted her opponents' records on abortion rights, an issue key to social conservatives who initially were lukewarm toward McCain's campaign but have found enthusiasm after the pick of Palin. "I'm not being negative. But please check out his record," Palin said, referencing Obama's pro-abortion rights positions.

A man in the crowd shouted, "Killer!"

As McCain met with his economic team to consider new proposals, Palin emphasized the kitchen-table issues that dominate this small town, where farmers work the rolling hills and the streets are filled with shuttered small businesses. "The smell of the hay, the smell of the cut grass is just beautiful," Palin said, noting this town is about the same size as her hometown of Wasilla, Alaska.
Quote:
by Scott Conroy, CBS News, Oct. 12


(ST. CLAIRSVILLE, Ohio) - At an outdoor rally in this rural town in coal country, Sarah Palin told a cheering crowd that one of the reasons they should support her and John McCain is that the Republicans know that terrorists are “the bad guys.” “We understand how important it is that this team be elected,” Palin said. “For one thing, we know who the bad guys are, OK? We know—we know that in the war, it’s terrorists, terrorists who hate America and her allies and would seek to destroy us, and the bad guys are those who would support and sympathize with the terrorists. They do not like America because of what we stand for: liberty, freedom, equal rights.”

Palin extrapolated her “good guys vs. bad guys” outlook into the realm of economic policy, promising to end “arrogant and selfish practices” in government and business. “Now in the economic crisis that we’re in, we know there, too, who the bad guys are,” she said. “In this time of economic crisis, we know it’s been those who have been greedy and corrupt and arrogant and have taken advantage of hardworking honest Americans. And just as important though, we know who the good guys are, and it is you, and we will fight for you, and we will put government on your side. We will end the arrogant and the selfish practices of Washington and of Wall Street because your United States government is to be of the people, by the people, for the people.”
__________________
yolland [at] interference.com


μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
yolland is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 08:35 PM   #749
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
 
Diemen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Somewhere in middle America
Posts: 13,234
Local Time: 12:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yolland View Post
“For one thing, we know who the bad guys are, OK? We know—we know that in the war, it’s terrorists, terrorists who hate America and her allies and would seek to destroy us, and the bad guys are those who would support and sympathize with the terrorists. They do not like America because of what we stand for: liberty, freedom, equal rights.”

"We know who the bad guys are, ok?" This is not the level of rhetoric I expect from someone running for the 2nd highest office in the land. Implying that your opponent is a terrorist sympathizer is bad enough (will someone finally, and quite publically, call her out on this ridiculous bunk?), but when "well we know who the bad guys are" is your retort... quite frankly I'd expect better from high school students.
__________________
Diemen is offline  
Old 10-12-2008, 08:42 PM   #750
Blue Crack Supplier
 
kellyahern's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Posts: 34,698
Local Time: 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BonoVoxSupastar View Post

Thanks. I like this one too.

YouTube - Sarah Palin Booed Loud, seat view. Flyers game.
__________________

__________________
kellyahern is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com