Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3 - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 09-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #481
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by U2Fanatic4ever View Post

I wasn't expecting it to be that funny. Wait, did I say funny? I meant scarily accurate.

But still funny.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:16 PM   #482
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

And just so we're clear on how little SNL had to embellish on Sarah Palin's actual answers, here is Sarah Palin's actual answer to the question about her views on the economic bailout:

Quote:
But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh -- it's got to be all about job creation too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reigning in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, um, scary thing, but 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."
I mean, clearly.

Old 09-28-2008, 10:26 PM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post

I wasn't expecting it to be that funny. Wait, did I say funny? I meant scarily accurate.

But still funny.

funny all right and spot on at the same time.. Is that possible?
Old 09-28-2008, 10:30 PM   #484
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemen View Post
here is Sarah Palin's actual answer
Alright, someone else (who is not currently at work as I am), please knock up a transcript of the SNL answer and line them up.
Old 09-28-2008, 10:35 PM   #485
Forum Moderator

President Zardari meets Sarah Palin

Apparently the khatib of the Lal Masjid, the Islamabad mosque stormed by Pakistani troops in July '07, has issued some sort of fatwa against Zardari for his 'un-Islamic behavior' here.

Bumbling neophyte, meet bumbling neophyte...

I do give Palin props for maintaining her composure (though nervous giggling is not the smart way to handle such situations).

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 09-29-2008, 12:50 AM   #486
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:35 AM
Well now ya'all can stop bashing Canadians - we're coming thru when it counts!

Quote:
The principal achievement of Sarah Palin's term as Alaska's governor, a natural-gas pipeline project backed by $500 million in state tax money, might never be built unless Canadian authorities can strike a deal with some of the country's angry Indian tribes. Approximately half of the proposed pipeline would run through Canada; native tribes who live along its route complain they haven't been consulted about it and are threatening to sue unless they are compensated. Representatives of the Canadian tribes, known as First Nations, say Palin and other pipeline proponents are treating them with disrespect. The tribes' lawyers warn that the courts are on their side and say the Indians have the power to delay the pipeline for years—or even kill it entirely by filing endless lawsuits.
This is actually quite hilarious - there is a constitutional duty to consult and Charter litigation can last until kingdom come, so Sarah has a pipeline in the sky.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/160088
Old 09-29-2008, 01:12 AM   #487
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Them uppity First Nations'.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:17 AM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

I can't wait for Thursday. It will be the best new show of the TV season so far.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:44 AM   #489
Blue Crack Addict

^
Old 09-29-2008, 09:56 AM   #490
Blue Crack Addict

After her show is cancelled, she will be appearing on Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader
Old 09-29-2008, 11:26 AM   #491
Blue Crack Addict

*rimshot*
Old 09-29-2008, 12:48 PM   #492
Babyface

Big Grin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSpringsteen View Post
I can't wait for Thursday. It will be the best new show of the TV season so far.
You got that right! I can't wait.
Old 09-29-2008, 12:49 PM   #493
Refugee

Local Time: 04:35 AM
Fey as Palin

Quote:
"Like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this. We're saying, 'Hey, why bail out Fanny and Freddie and not me?' But ultimately what the bailout does is, help those that are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy to help...uh...it's gotta be all about job creation, too. Also, too, shoring up our economy and putting Fannie and Freddy back on the right track and so healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reigning in spending...'cause Barack Obama, y'know...has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans, also, having a dollar value meal at restaurants. That's gonna help. But one in five jobs being created today under the umbrella of job creation. That, you know...Also..."

Palin as Palin

Quote:
But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh -- it's got to be all about job creation too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reigning in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, um, scary thing, but 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."
Old 09-29-2008, 01:00 PM   #494
Refugee

Local Time: 04:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by anitram View Post
Well now ya'all can stop bashing Canadians - we're coming thru when it counts!

This is actually quite hilarious - there is a constitutional duty to consult and Charter litigation can last until kingdom come, so Sarah has a pipeline in the sky.
2 things:

1) I love how newsweek calls them Indians (not very PC in Canada) then says they are usually refered to as Natives then goes back to calling them Indians.

2) I am all for Obama/Biden and totally agree that ol' Sarah aint cut out for this VP stuff, but that pipeline comes right through alot of western and nothern Canada and has the potential to create a shit load of jobs. The native people are holding it hostage, and no matter what you think of Sarah Palin, this pipeline should go ahead. The feds and provincal govt have basically done everything the Native leaders wanted and they keep holding it up. Not for the reasons the Native Leaders spout off about, but because they want more money. These companies are going to walk away from this pipeline and these Reserves and their people are going to lose out on an oppurtunity to pick themselves up out of poverty.
Old 09-29-2008, 01:17 PM   #495
The Fly

Local Time: 11:35 AM
Alright, I'm not really in favor of either candidate and haven't made up my mind yet but these responses from Palin are so idiotic:

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin takes questions from press corps for first time - Blogs from CNN.com

Talk about being decisive.....