Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

i guess she is "just like me" if you were an abortion-obsessed voter since that's apparently the only SCOTUS case that's ever happened.

it's shocking that any college educated American can't at the least name Brown vs. Board of Ed.

now, i eagerly anticipate the comments saying that the urban elites could probably only name Lawrence v. Texas off the top of their pointy heads. :wink:

their pointy heads. :wink:

coneheads23mz.jpg

?

it's shocking that any college educated American can't at the least name Brown vs. Board of Ed.

That's exactly what popped into my head. I learned the in's and outs of Brown v. Board in 10th grade. In my 11th grade Government class we did a whole unit on Supreme Court cases. We learned and re-enacted 3 of them. I learned this in 11th grade, there's no excuse for that kind of ignorance from a potential VP.

this is shocking, but utterly unsurprising:

Palin, McCain cry "gotcha journalism" with Couric

CBS anchorwoman Katie Couric did a joint interview Monday in Ohio with Republican candidates John McCain and Sarah Palin, and McCain came out denouncing "gotcha journalism" as he defended his running mate in the portion that aired on the CBS Evening News.

With McCain and Palin sitting side by side, the first flareup came when Couric asked Palin about a statement the candidate made over the weekend that the U.S. should launch attacks from Afghanistan into Pakistan to "stop the terrorists from coming any further in."

In that comment, Palin seemed to voicing the same position McCain had attacked his opponent, Barack Obama, for stating in their debate on Friday.

"So, Gov. Palin are you two (she and McCain) on the same page?" Couric asked.

"...We will do what we have to do to secure the United Sates and her allies," Palin said.

"Is that something you shouldn't say out loud, Sen. McCain?" Couric asked.

"Of course not," McCain snapped. "But look, I understand this day and age gotcha journalism... Grab a phrase. Gov. Palin and I agree that you don't announce that you're going to attack another country."

"Are you sorry you said it?" Couric asked returning to Palin.

"Wait a minute," McCain said interrupting. "Before you say is she sorry she said it, this was a gotcha sound bite that...

"It wasn't a gotcha," Couric insisted. "She was talking to a voter."

"No," McCain insisted back, "she was in a conversation with a group of people talking back and forth, and I'll let Gov. Palin speak for herself."

When Couric asked Palin what she learned "from that experience," the candidate replied, "That this is all about gotcha journalism...."

Couric was again focused and forceful in her questioning:"Gov. Palin, since our last interview, you have gotten a lot of flak. Some Republicans have said you are not prepared, you're not ready for prime time... And I'm curious to hear your reaction."

"Well, not only am I ready but willing and able to serve as vice president with Sen. McCain if Americans so bless us and privilege us with the opportunity of serving them -- ready with my executive experience as a city mayor and manager, as a governor, as a commissioner, a regulator of oil and gas,

And again, McCain stepped in to defend his running mate.

"This is not the first time I've seen a governor being questioned by some quote expert," he said making qotation marks with his fingers. "I remember that Ronald Reagan was a cowboy. Prseident Clinton was a governor of a very small state that had no experience either. I remember how easy it was going to be for Bush I to defeat him. I still recall, whoops, that one. But the point is that I've seen underestimation before. I'm very proud of the excitement that Gov. Palin has ignited with this party around this country."

Here is one last bit of good work yesterday from Couric, who seems to be at the center of every big story these days. Last night, in an interview with Republican Congressman John Boehner on the failure of the bailout bill, she asked the question everyone in American wanted to ask of many members of the House: "Congressman Boehner, ...what in the world are you people doing?"

In a related matter, The Nielsen Company released final ratings for Friday's debate beween McCain and Obama. The audience of 52.4 million was a big one, but it was smaller than the 62.5 million viewers that tuned in for one of the 2004 debates. Analysts expect Thursday's vice presidential showdown between Palin and Sen. Joe Biden will be larger than either of those audiences.

They just had that voter on CNN and he said that he happened to be having dinner at that pub with his family when she came in, he had no idea she'd be there and he tossed out a question like many others had. He seemed extremely offended at the suggestion he was a journalist of any sort much less a gotcha journalist.

But go ahead McCain, blame the voters for wanting to ask questions. Winning strategy.

you know, the second i start to feel bad for her and her ongoing national humiliation, i just think back to her convention speech and just how sneering and snarky it was, and then i stop feeling bad for her.

you know, the second i start to feel bad for her and her ongoing national humiliation, i just think back to her convention speech and just how sneering and snarky it was, and then i stop feeling bad for her.

:hi5: I've said it before, and I'll say it again now. I have no empathy for Sarah Palin. She easily could have told McCain that she wasn't ready for the job and saved herself the embarrassment she's experiencing now. If she really did put "Country First", she never would have put herself in a position that could possibly leave her as Commander in Chief when she's clearly about as qualified for the job as my cat.

I would've loved it if Couric interrupted McCain and said "Could you let Gov. Palin speak for herself, please?"

Well, this all goes back to the "Katie Couric is not exactly a serious journalist" argument. I don't think Brokaw or Williams would've let that slip by. I'm kind of disappointed that Jim Lehrer isn't moderating the VP debate. He wouldn't take shit from her like the rest of the media seems to be doing. I was really impressed by his control over the debate and the way he refused to coddle McCain and Obama.

This looks really sexist of the McCain people anyway.

Can you imagine if he was running with a man, say Romney, that he'd go and babysit him during an interview like that?

Since they like to throw around the term sexist so much, perhaps cleaning up their own house first would be good.

Really? I don't get newspapers delivered to my house, but I read them online. She doesn't even do that? Bloody hell:doh:

First - why the question???
Who asks ANYONE that question???

Second - why the persistence on exactly WHAT newspaper?????

Third - why, again, the persistence on exactly "WHAT" newspaper??????

Fourth - why didn't she just name any Alaskan newspaper...she CAN'T be THAT stupid??? Can she????

This is getting so weird that I'm getting suspicious.

The truth will be told Thursday at the debates. Can't wait.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom