Is Palin failin' ? or OMG McCain wins with Palin !! pt. 3

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And just so we're clear on how little SNL had to embellish on Sarah Palin's actual answers, here is Sarah Palin's actual answer to the question about her views on the economic bailout:

But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh -- it's got to be all about job creation too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reigning in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, um, scary thing, but 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."

I mean, clearly.

President Zardari meets Sarah Palin

Apparently the khatib of the Lal Masjid, the Islamabad mosque stormed by Pakistani troops in July '07, has issued some sort of fatwa against Zardari for his 'un-Islamic behavior' here.

Bumbling neophyte, meet bumbling neophyte...

I do give Palin props for maintaining her composure (though nervous giggling is not the smart way to handle such situations).

Last edited:
Well now ya'all can stop bashing Canadians - we're coming thru when it counts!

The principal achievement of Sarah Palin's term as Alaska's governor, a natural-gas pipeline project backed by $500 million in state tax money, might never be built unless Canadian authorities can strike a deal with some of the country's angry Indian tribes. Approximately half of the proposed pipeline would run through Canada; native tribes who live along its route complain they haven't been consulted about it and are threatening to sue unless they are compensated. Representatives of the Canadian tribes, known as First Nations, say Palin and other pipeline proponents are treating them with disrespect. The tribes' lawyers warn that the courts are on their side and say the Indians have the power to delay the pipeline for years—or even kill it entirely by filing endless lawsuits.

This is actually quite hilarious - there is a constitutional duty to consult and Charter litigation can last until kingdom come, so Sarah has a pipeline in the sky.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/160088

Fey as Palin

"Like every American I'm speaking with, we're ill about this. We're saying, 'Hey, why bail out Fanny and Freddie and not me?' But ultimately what the bailout does is, help those that are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy to help...uh...it's gotta be all about job creation, too. Also, too, shoring up our economy and putting Fannie and Freddy back on the right track and so healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reigning in spending...'cause Barack Obama, y'know...has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americans, also, having a dollar value meal at restaurants. That's gonna help. But one in five jobs being created today under the umbrella of job creation. That, you know...Also..."

Palin as Palin

But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh -- it's got to be all about job creation too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reigning in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade, we've got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, um, scary thing, but 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We've got to look at that as more opportunity. All of those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that."

Well now ya'all can stop bashing Canadians - we're coming thru when it counts!

This is actually quite hilarious - there is a constitutional duty to consult and Charter litigation can last until kingdom come, so Sarah has a pipeline in the sky.

2 things:

1) I love how newsweek calls them Indians (not very PC in Canada) then says they are usually refered to as Natives then goes back to calling them Indians. :doh:

2) I am all for Obama/Biden and totally agree that ol' Sarah aint cut out for this VP stuff, but that pipeline comes right through alot of western and nothern Canada and has the potential to create a shit load of jobs. The native people are holding it hostage, and no matter what you think of Sarah Palin, this pipeline should go ahead. The feds and provincal govt have basically done everything the Native leaders wanted and they keep holding it up. Not for the reasons the Native Leaders spout off about, but because they want more money. These companies are going to walk away from this pipeline and these Reserves and their people are going to lose out on an oppurtunity to pick themselves up out of poverty.:down:

Alright, I'm not really in favor of either candidate and haven't made up my mind yet but these responses from Palin are so idiotic:

CNN Political Ticker: All politics, all the time Blog Archive - Palin takes questions from press corps for first time � - Blogs from CNN.com

Talk about being decisive.....

I'm really not sure how much Palin will weigh in the decision-making process for undecideds, but I know if it were me, it would be a huge negative. If McCain were a younger man who didn't have a history of recurring cancer, it may not matter as much, but the way things stand with him, she very, very likely could be president at some point. That would be enough right there to either make me vote for the other candidate, or at the very least, abstain from voting.

I'm really not sure how much Palin will weigh in the decision-making process for undecideds, but I know if it were me, it would be a huge negative. If McCain were a younger man who didn't have a history of recurring cancer, it may not matter as much, but the way things stand with him, she very, very likely could be president at some point. That would be enough right there to either make me vote for the other candidate, or at the very least, abstain from voting.

You could argue though, that McCain's judgement in picking Palin makes you think twice about his capabilities to make sound decisions. Country first or McCain first?

You could argue though, that McCain's judgement in picking Palin makes you think twice about his capabilities to make sound decisions. Country first or McCain first?

this is what many of us have been saying from the beginning.

the Palin pick isn't about Palin, it's about McCain.

lots and lots and lots and lots of people aren't prepared to be the VP. many people who hold office -- thusly having oodles of vaunted "executive experience" evidence -- aren't prepared to be VP.

so why on earth did McCain pick someone who was manifestly unprepared?

if for no other reason than he thinks women vote with their vaginas and christians vote for anyone who believes that Jesus rode dinosaurs.

I completely agree that it brings his judgment into serious question.

I was just saying, that at the very least, people ought to consider the very real possibility that she could have to step into the role of president, and ask themselves if they're comfortable with that. Increasingly, people on both sides of the political spectrum are answering "no" to that question.

All of this has been discussed for weeks now, but until everyone gets it, I think it bears repeating.

lots and lots and lots and lots of people aren't prepared to be the VP. many people who hold office -- thusly having oodles of vaunted "executive experience" evidence -- aren't prepared to be VP.

if for no other reason than he thinks women vote with their vaginas and christians vote for anyone who believes that Jesus rode dinosaurs.

If women vote with their vaginas can I be the voting machine!:D:up::wink::applaud:

I completely agree that it brings his judgment into serious question.

I was just saying, that at the very least, people ought to consider the very real possibility that she could have to step into the role of president, and ask themselves if they're comfortable with that. Increasingly, people on both sides of the political spectrum are answering "no" to that question.

Oh, I know where you stand, just wanted to point that out. And even though some might say its ageist or morbid to talk about McCain dying, to me its being realistic.

This morning I caught a few minutes of The View, and Barbara Walters had them show a clip of Palin's interview with Couric, and then showed a clip of Fey's version. :heart:

Now, I'm a woman and a Christian who supports Obama and Biden along with gay marriage and a woman's right to choose. What does that make me in the eyes of John McCain?:hmm:

More goodies!!

Today, the Washington Post's Howard Kurtz reported on potentially embarrassing clips of Sarah Palin being interviewed by Katie Couric that haven't yet been aired. The Politico has more information on one in particular:

Of concern to McCain's campaign, however, is a remaining and still-undisclosed clip from Palin's interview with Couric last week that has the political world buzzing.

The Palin aide, after first noting how "infuriating" it was for CBS to purportedly leak word about the gaffe, revealed that it came in response to a question about Supreme Court decisions.

After noting Roe vs. Wade, Palin was apparently unable to discuss any major court cases.

There was no verbal fumbling with this particular question as there was with some others, the aide said, but rather silence.

Awesome.

More goodies!!

Awesome.

She will learn on the job.

This on-the-job learning won't just be foreign policy nuts and bolts, it will also involve 11th Grade American History.

I think Sarah Palin is a science experiment: someone is testing how strong the mantle of Ronald Reagan's legacy is by choosing the most ignorant and unqualified candidate possible.

Supposedly Governor Palin has a 1 in 5 actuarial chance of becoming President

"Sarah Palin has been meeting with world leaders here in New York. It went well until she asked, 'When do I get to meet Queen Latifah?'" ~ David Letterman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom