Iraq Military Negotiating Surrender - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-18-2003, 03:28 PM   #16
The Fly

Local Time: 05:37 AM
Hundreds of people will die in this war, even if half surender there will still be thousands of troups willing to fight, Shock and Awe?? I always thought Awe meant wonder, I cannot see thousands of people fleeing for their lives but looking up in AWE at the bombs raining on their heads, The only people who will be stood watching in AWE are the media. maybe I got the meaning wrong?? ?

No matter how SMART these bombs are somewhere along the line they must be prone to human error, The more bombs are dropped the more chances there are of civilian casualties

From what I have read today on the news sites, The coalition will just let go any Iraq soldier who surrenders, The last thing they want to slow down the march to Baghdad is hundreds maybe thousands of POWs...

Lets hope the majority of Iraq troops take the Americans advice and surrender.. It would be better for both sides and would save lives.

I hope the first bomb that falls into Baghdad hits Saddam Hussain on the head, That would be Shock and Awe...

Old 03-18-2003, 03:56 PM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Scarletwine

However, during Desert Storm smart bombs mistook bomb shelters as underground military targets and killed many civilians.
You are of course aware that Saddam was using the bunker you are talking about for military purposes. That is/was part of his strategy TO deliberately cause civilian deaths by placing military targets in the same area? He also hopes, that by starting fires of oil, our "smart" bombs will go off course and kill innocents causing support for his side of the situation.

The United States does not intentionally target civilians.

Thanks.

Old 03-18-2003, 05:59 PM   #18
New Yorker

Local Time: 12:37 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreadsox

You are of course aware that Saddam was using the bunker you are talking about for military purposes. That is/was part of his strategy TO deliberately cause civilian deaths by placing military targets in the same area? He also hopes, that by starting fires of oil, our "smart" bombs will go off course and kill innocents causing support for his side of the situation.

The United States does not intentionally target civilians.

Thanks.
No actually the one I was talking about was in a normal residential area.

You know I am not implying that the US intentionally targets civilians. The estimate for 3000 smart bombs is about 300 off target. I'm questioning the use of that tactic in a large city like Bagdad.

Why is a family looking up at the sky as bombs rain down different from how the men and women felt watching an airliner heading towards the tower they were in?
They are not their government. They are not Sadaam or his sons.
They have done nothing wrong except supporting their country and their leaders as bad as they may be. It is nationalism and we have plenty of that here.

Again, my comments were on the correctness of using that tactic.