Ingesting one's placenta, acceptable or not? - Page 14 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login
View Poll Results: Is this acceptable?
Yes, I'm a woman who is a mom and think it is 6 11.32%
Yes, I'm a woman with no kids and think it is 17 32.08%
No, I'm a woman with kids and say no. 2 3.77%
No, I'm a woman with no kids 7 13.21%
I'm male and say no. 9 16.98%
I'm male and say yes, and let them have cake too. 12 22.64%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-31-2007, 09:57 AM   #196
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by diamond

but I feel my conscience is void of offense to God and I would rather be found favorable in the eyes of God, than popular opinion on a message board.

I find your conscience often in offense to God and his children.

Old 07-31-2007, 10:17 AM   #197
New Yorker

Local Time: 11:34 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by fly so high!

That's why you have that La-la- ideal of pregnancy and childbirth....you have not gone through it.....come back and post here PLEASE! when you have given birth and tell me again all the stuff you just said here and then i want you to go eat your placenta! Or Swallow the pill...if you dare....I mean shit....has anyone actually thought that the idea of maybe ingesting somebody else's placenta nutrients also wants to make you heave, I'm curious to know how this pill thing would work, i dunno....can the chemist guarantee that it is your placenta and not some "Roadkill" from a highway!

Personally i think there would be legal repercussions.....I mean this might be opening Pandora's Box.......the child when he/she becomes of legal age may sue for the right of eating the placenta/pill that her mother denied her.......is it the childs or the mother's....technically who OWNS the placenta!

Well, that's my opinion and I might not have the right to say anything since i have not had a child, but it's not more stupid that a man trying to say ANYTHING about childbirth ... especially since my sentiments are of love and beauty. By the way, I may me optimistic, but I am not naive. I get this all the time from my dad, but my opinions are not going to change because of horror stories or bitchy people telling me that I am too young or not experienced enough to understand. Trying to scare me away from having a baby ? No problem. I am not even sure I want kids in the first place .

Old 07-31-2007, 10:19 AM   #198
Blue Crack Addict

i still don't see what the abomination is. diamond what i see is that you're using quotes from the bible to justify how icky it is. but there is no abomination here. the human body is quite fascinating. we have our own natural defensive mechanisms, there's still so much to learn about it. i believe that we can help our bodies help itself naturally and hollistically.

this isn't waste, like poo or piss or snot or anything. this is an organ that is created for the purpose of providing nutrients. it is more natural perhaps than many of the the OTC drugs you get at the store.

obviously you believe that organ develops during child development for a reason? God intended for that organ to grow and provide sustaining nutrients. If it is cool for the baby to "eat" from it, then why not the mother?

instead of relating it to all this crap that is in no way relevant, why can you not relate it to the milk that a mother produces? it also provides necessary nutrients. you don't see that as waste, do you? if a mother drinks her own breastmilk is that an abomination?

imagine a mother swallowing a placenta pill down with a class of fresh just pumped milk.
Old 07-31-2007, 11:18 AM   #199
Blue Crack Supplier

oy, this thread ...
Old 07-31-2007, 02:06 PM   #200
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by unico
i still don't see what the abomination is.
Who said it was an abomination?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:41 PM   #201
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

why else wouldn't it be acceptable?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:45 PM   #202
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:

Well, on what grounds are you describing its "acceptability."

I assumed legally, and you inferred legality in your heroin comparison. But you backed off that, so what is it then?
Old 07-31-2007, 02:48 PM   #203
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511
oy, this thread ...
Old 07-31-2007, 04:33 PM   #204
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:

Some think it's biological but not all.

Not all scientists believe this conclusively despite a concerted effort to market it as such.

dbs
Everything about human beings is biological.
Old 07-31-2007, 04:59 PM   #205
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by A_Wanderer
Everything about human beings is biological.
Is that so?
Are we ruling out psychology or spirituality found in human beings my fine atheist friend?

best,

dbs
Old 07-31-2007, 05:03 PM   #206
Blue Crack Supplier

I'm still interested about what grounds you want to deem its acceptability on.
Old 07-31-2007, 05:41 PM   #207
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:34 PM
Quote:

Is that so?
Are we ruling out psychology or spirituality found in human beings my fine atheist friend?

best,

dbs
Products of the human mind which is a material entity, and in relation to homosexuality, heterosexuality and everything in between it dominates. A sex drive is a very important element for a mammalian species and it is ludicrous to remove the human one from that of other animals, or to accept that heterosexual behaviour is natural, normal and biologically based but homosexual behaviour is deviant and a matter of choice.

And as far as paedophiles go - since they are obviously so connected and relevant
Quote:
Brain pathology in pedophilic offenders: evidence of volume reduction in the right amygdala and related diencephalic structures.
Kolja Schiltz, Joachim Witzel, Georg Northoff, Kathrin Zierhut, Udo Gubka, Hermann Fellmann, Jörn Kaufmann, Claus Tempelmann, Christine Wiebking, Bernhard Bogerts

CONTEXT: Pedophilic crime causes considerable public concern, but no causative factor of pedophilia has yet been pinpointed. In the past, etiological theories postulated a major impact of the environment, but recent studies increasingly emphasize the role of neurobiological factors, as well. However, the role of alterations in brain structures that are crucial in the development of sexual behavior has not yet been systematically studied in pedophilic subjects. OBJECTIVE: To examine whether pedophilic perpetrators show structural neuronal deficits in brain regions that are critical for sexual behavior and how these deficits relate to criminological characteristics. DESIGN: Amygdalar volume and gray matter of related structures that are critical for sexual development were compared in 15 nonviolent male pedophilic perpetrators (forensic inpatients) and 15 controls using complementary morphometric analyses (voxel-based morphometry and volumetry). Psychosocial adjustment and sexual offenses were also assessed. RESULTS: Pedophilic perpetrators showed a significant decrease of right amygdalar volume, compared with healthy controls (P = .001). We observed reduced gray matter in the right amygdala, hypothalamus (bilaterally), septal regions, substantia innominata, and bed nucleus of the striae terminalis. In 8 of the 15 perpetrators, enlargement of the anterior temporal horn of the right lateral ventricle that adjoins the amygdala could be recognized by routine qualitative clinical assessment. Smaller right amygdalar volumes were correlated with the propensity to commit uniform pedophilic sexual offenses exclusively (P = .006) but not with age (P = .89). CONCLUSIONS: Pedophilic perpetrators show structural impairments of brain regions critical for sexual development. These impairments are not related to age, and their extent predicts how focused the scope of sexual offenses is on uniform pedophilic activity. Subtle defects of the right amygdala and closely related structures might be implicated in the pathogenesis of pedophilia and might possibly reflect developmental disturbances or environmental insults at critical periods
Peeling back the nature of the human brain doesn't diminish the importance of the great things it may produce, but it certainly can yield insights into human behaviour more useful than supposedly revealed truth. And if a biological explanation for instances of paedophilia makes individuals out to be victims for their behavior understand that one day being able to identify individuals at high risk and possibly avoid it's concequences through intervention would be more effective than imploring people to fight it with sheer strength of will (the Catholic Church is an institution that could benefit from a different approach to such behaviour).
Old 07-31-2007, 05:53 PM   #208
ONE
love, blood, life

how convenient,
so we blame everything on nature, differrent shades of gray in our brain matter, and we're powerless to master our sexual drives like animals, and/or were all victims of circumstance or environment or whatever.

i'm not convinced, sorry no sale.
i will take God's word over man's developing theories.

best,

dbs
Old 07-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #209
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:34 PM
So could we blame it all on God?
Old 07-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #210
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I'm still interested about what grounds you want to deem its acceptability on.