how to tell if your child is a homosexual - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-18-2005, 09:10 PM   #106
War Child

Local Time: 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MCF74

BTW, Angela, your signiture with Bono in it just absolutely rocks! The man really looks larger than life in that clip. Of course, he does that a lot.
I love that too. I've stared at it many times, and I'm a straight guy. It puts pics of Steve Kilbey to shame.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:05 PM   #107
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by Irvine511

you sound like a dream woman for many a secure straight man.

ah thanks

Old 08-20-2005, 08:48 PM   #108
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:05 PM
i guess when my nephew would put a towel on his head and sing sonny and cher songs, we should have known then.

oh, he was always cher.
Old 08-20-2005, 09:44 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie

When he gets sweaty by watching Richard Simmons videos and he's not even exercising!!
Old 08-20-2005, 11:19 PM   #110
The Fly

Local Time: 08:05 PM
Who gives a crap if your kid is homosexual. I know...the same professional, upstanding, religious, conservative (or democratic), law abiding, tax paying "citizens" who also secretly beat or cheat on their spouses and kids and gossip about their neighbors...

Long live America! (we're not into terrorism I promise!) *rollseyes*
Old 08-21-2005, 12:29 AM   #111
Refugee
Note: Troll-like

Location: The Morning After. Ranking: Troll of Interference. Interference Hotness Level: 3rd. Sex: Yes please.
Local Time: 09:05 AM
Wow I hadn't seen this till now. So silly its actually funny.
Old 08-21-2005, 12:41 AM   #112
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:05 PM
Well a gay child (especially male given the family name and paternal lineage) is more or less a dead end for a family line these days. If you allowed for gay marriage, adoption and access to reproductive technologies then I suspect that sexual orientation would be less of a problem to some parents. And this change would have broader social implications ~ few of them detrimental, most neutral and a few positive.
Old 08-21-2005, 06:40 AM   #113
Refugee

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Another interesting quote from Mrs Springsteen's article:

Quote:
Canadian researchers have consistently documented a "big-brother effect," finding that the chances of a boy being gay increase with each additional older brother he has. (Birth order does not appear to play a role with lesbians.) So, a male with three older brothers is three times more likely to be gay than one with no older brothers, though there's still a better than 90 percent chance he will be straight. They argue that this results from a complex interaction involving hormones, antigens, and the mother's immune system
Old 08-22-2005, 12:55 AM   #114
Jesus Online

Local Time: 01:05 PM
I hope the parent in that article only means superficially treating them identically. Ask any twin what pisses them off, and it will be not being treated as individuals, but as a half of one whole. I'd like to hope this, but the last sentence makes me cringe.

This reminds me in some weird way, of a pair of boys we had at a centre I worked at for children with disabilities. The 5 year old was definitely autistic. He had absolute traits. But there was this bizarre debate over his little 3 year old brother who half the staff suspected wasn't autistic as well, as thought, but had learned some of the milder traits from his older brother and was naturally just subdued and quiet but it had led to the diagnosis incorrectly. They'd both be a lot older now, and I'm sure their situation has resolved itself to be truthful now, regardless of which was was fact. But it was the most interesting case of nature vs nurture I'd seen.
Old 08-23-2005, 02:16 PM   #115
Refugee

Local Time: 11:05 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by deep
according to James Dobson:

"Girls can continue to grow in their identification with their mothers. But, they need to be monitored closely. If baby girls are nursed they should only suckle for nourishment. If they seemed too obsessed with the breast or become too excitable at the bare breast this could be an early warning sign of lesbianism. A rubber band around the leg can be helpful here. At times of over excitement a quick snap of the band is excellent aversion therapy for impure thoughts. Even at 18 months proper gender imprinting is possible."

http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsl...a0021girls.cfm
Sorry, I know I'm terribly behind on this. I was out of town for several weeks. Forgive me.

Deep, is there another link for this article? The current one isn't working, and I can't find it anywhere on the site. Can anyone help?
Old 08-23-2005, 02:29 PM   #116
ONE
love, blood, life

I just typed the first line of the article into google and it came up at this location:

http://www.family.org/docstudy/newsletters/a0021043.cfm
Old 08-23-2005, 02:39 PM   #117
Refugee

Weird. I tried that earlier and nothing came up. Thanks!!
Old 08-23-2005, 02:56 PM   #118
Refugee

Well, I discovered my google search didn't work because that's not the right article. The first sentence is there, but the rest goes onto something else.

Call me a skeptic, but I'm beginning to wonder if this quote is genuine. The first sentence from the quote isn't even from Dobson. It's from a book by a psychologist named Joseph Nicolosi.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:36 PM   #119
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by stammer476
Well, I discovered my google search didn't work because that's not the right article. The first sentence is there, but the rest goes onto something else.

Call me a skeptic, but I'm beginning to wonder if this quote is genuine. The first sentence from the quote isn't even from Dobson. It's from a book by a psychologist named Joseph Nicolosi.

in the article, someone writes a letter to Dobson about the subject, and he spends lots of space quoting Nicolosi and recommends his book to parents who are concerned about their possibly pre-homoseuxal children.

it's not a Dobson quote, but it is a quote endorsed by Dobson.
Old 08-23-2005, 06:58 PM   #120
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 08:05 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by stammer476

Are we trying to find a way to defend this guy?