How likely do you view a US and/or Israeli attack on Iran before end 2008? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
View Poll Results: How likely do you view a US and/or Israeli attack on Iran before end 2008?
91 - 100% likelihood 2 6.06%
75 - 90% likelihood 5 15.15%
50 - 74% likelihood 4 12.12%
26 - 49% likelihood 2 6.06%
10 - 25% likelihood 6 18.18%
0 - 9 % likelihood 14 42.42%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-28-2007, 05:34 AM   #31
Location: The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - Melbourne.
Local Time: 09:26 AM
I could definately see 'mercenaries for hire' happening more frequently in the future. With more and more people realising that this war is fruitless and for NOTHING, unlike other wars, the less will sign up, and the US will turn to the tactics of foul and horrendous mercenaries, who have no code of conduct like the us army (well they did have )

I voted around 75%... i think like Dave C said - america needs something to be fearful of - it wins votes, it passes laws and it keeps people down.

The only thing is - I truly think the world as we know it would change if the us went to war with Iran - not something im particularly looking forward to.

Old 09-28-2007, 08:10 AM   #32
love, blood, life
Local Time: 06:26 PM
There's one factor that makes me think that war with Iran will happen sooner or later. Yes, one major deterrent has been the fact that cutting off Iran's oil production will be thought to raise oil to well past $100 a barrel. War, in this case, is not in our economic interests....

...on the other hand, it is now widely thought that Iran's oil infrastructure is going to fail completely by 2012 on it own, due to lack of proper upkeep since the fall of the Shah. This means, of course, that $100+ a barrel oil is potentially in our future, regardless. As such, the driving interest in this war may be in regards to Iran's oil and preventing it from going completely offline by 2012.

I certainly think that it is a particularly dangerous line of thinking, but, as we've seen before, the neocons are not afraid to think dangerously.