How close is America to outright dictatorship?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sparkysgrrrl

War Child
How close is America to outright dictatorship?

By Eric Arnow
Online Journal Contributing Writer

November 14, 2002?Most people think America is a democracy, but the evidence is readily available that shows fascist elements in the highest levels of corporate and government offices are determined to overthrow the Constitution and our precious democracy.

At the height of the Great Depression, President Franklin D.Roosevelt was making major changes to ensure financial security for all Americans. But certain elements of the corporate CEO class tried to stage a coup to remove Roosevelt from office. Their reasoning: Roosevelt was "undoing all [we corporatists] have built." As if the work done by the bottom 99 percent of the population didn't count. But to accomplish a coup, they needed a military leader who would follow their orders and get the troops to do the deed.

General Smedley Butler (do a web search for him), to his great credit, refused the offer and reported the plot to FDR, who did nothing to punish the plotters. We came very close to outright fascism in the 1930s

During the '30s, John Foster Dulles, future Secretary of State under President Eisenhower, did legal work for the Nazis. Meanwhile, major US corporations, such as Dupont, Alcoa, IBM were making millions supplying the Nazis. Henry Ford received from Hitler the Nazi's highest civilian honor, and French made Ford trucks supplied their war machine. The Nazis were financed by our current unelected President George Bush's grandfather, Prescott Bush, who ran the Union Banking Corporation from New York. The bank was shut down in 1942 under the Trading With the Enemy Act. One might think he would be severely punished for treason, but that's not how things work in America. Corporate Nazi collaborators grew richer selling to both sides.

When investigators were exploring these issues, Allen Dulles, John Foster Dulles's brother, deliberately threw them off track. Do a web search for (Bush Nazis) to get the details. Later on, Allen Dulles became the head of the CIA. He was responsible for carrying out the Bay of Pigs invasion against Cuba. As a result, John F. Kennedy fired him. After resolving the Cuban missile crisis, which almost resulted in nuclear war with the Soviet Union, Kennedy and Khrushchev resolved to end the Cold War in 1962.

This didn't happen, though, since Kennedy was assassinated in November 1963. To investigate this horrible act, the Warren Commission was set up. The head of the Warren Commission was the man whom Kennedy fired?the chief suspect?Allen Dulles. When confronted with the fact that the Warren Commission Report was not credible to anyone who read it, Allen Dulles replied, "the American People don't read." A certain George Bush of the CIA was seen in Dallas when Kennedy was assassinated. But George Sr. says it was someone else. Years later, Richard "I Am Not a Crook" Nixon was found to have said on his recorded tapes that the Warren Commission was the biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people. Go to http://www.sumeria.net/ and read Shadow of the Swastika.

Nixon also stole the 1968 election by getting the South Vietnamese to walk out of peace talks that might have ended the war that year. Even though Johnson found out that Nixon was subverting US policy?an act of treason?he didn't press the issue.

While Nixon is known most for the Watergate break-in and his subsequent forced resignation, he was also responsible for prolonging the Vietnam War, even seriously considering nuclear weapons. He is responsible for the deaths of 1?2 million Vietnamese and Cambodians plus 350,000 of our soldiers dead or wounded.

The 1980 election of Ronald Reagan is most likely the result of George Bush, Sr., who pulled an October Surprise by getting the Iranians to hold off on releasing US hostages held after the Islamic Revolution. This act of undermining President Carter's negotiations is treasonous, and is doubly treasonous because it subverted a presidential election yet again.

During the 1980s, the Reagan/Bush administration was responsible for illegally supplying weapons to Iran and supporting drug distribution to help fund an illegal war against Nicaragua in the Iran-Contra Scandal. The World Court ruled against the US mining of Nicaragua's harbor, yet the "Rule of Law" administration thumbed its nose at the World Court, and refused to pay $100 million in damages.

The current conflict with Saddam Hussein is very odd, since George Bush, Sr., allowed our money allocated for agriculture in Iraq to be diverted to Hussein's chemical and biological weapons. The Bush I administration encouraged such use against the Iranians and gave tacit approval to use of chemical weapons against the Kurds, who had outlived their usefulness in their harassment of Saddam.

While Bill Clinton was no angel, Republicans fabricated scandals from Whitewater to Travelgate. They committed treason and complained about Clinton's sex life. In the 2000 presidential election, Florida Governor Jeb Bush (George, Jr.'s brother) ordered 50,000 innocent Blacks to be labeled felons, denying them the right to vote (most likely for Gore), and stole the election.

The net result is George W. Bush?whose granddad financed Hitler, whose father financed Saddam and Osama bin Laden?who has numerous financial connections to the bin Laden family now sits in the White House.

The USA PATRIOT Act, passed in the wake of the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks, is the basis for mass arrests, and secret detentions and trials, with the power of life and death wielded by former Texas Governor Bush, who was responsible for more executions during his term than in any governor in the state's history.

Bush Jr. has stated on three occasions that things would be easier if the USA were a dictatorship and he were the dictator. This time, the coup has happened yet who will stop the perpetrators? Please do some web research, see for yourself and spread the word.

A final hopeful note: Numerous dictatorships have fallen when the populace stops giving illegitimate governments legitimacy. If Marcos in the Philippines, Pinochet in Chile, the Soviet Union, Milosevic in Serbia, the Iron Curtain itself all fell without military force.

We do still have the outward trappings of democracy and can have our country back, if we want it! It will take a massive outpouring of popular will to do it, however.
http://www.onlinejournal.com/Commentary/Arnow111402/arnow111402.html
------

thoughts?

Hello,

Doesn't this belong the the 'conspiracy theory' thread? I mean, I'm not very supportive of Bush's government, but to call it fascist (or becoming fascist) is a little bit too far fetched for me. Even I can spot a huge pro-Democrat bias here. And even though Republicans are on the right wing (but not the extreme right wing, give or take a Buchanan or 2 (yes, I know he left the party, but I don't think he's the only one with those ideas)), they are not fascist.

C ya!

Marty (who likes a good debate in its time, but with realistic starting points).

I thought I was about to read something that would be at least slightly objective in order to make its views more credible but the further you read, the more the entire article turns into creative fluff.

Why isn't this garbage posted in the Conspiracy theory thread???

The facts....of which there are few are so distorted.....

Even the things about the Kennedy Assasination are crap.....I just finished three more books on the topic. Let's see...why would it be suspect that Bush was in Dallas at the time of the Kennedy Assasination.....Maybe because he was from Texas????

Hmmmm....Lets see.....Nixon was in Texas at the time too.....

Wow....he must be guilty!!!!!

I am one of the biggest conspiracy buffs going but this article is junk. Any chance at getting it removed?????????? Or at least moved to the fiction are of this site?

Last edited:
The article completely destroys its credibility in the first sentence by using the word "fascist" as it does.

Using websites as serious references doesn't help either.

Last edited:
speedracer said:
The article completely destroys its credibility in the first sentence by using the word "fascist" as it does.

And that Whitewater and Travelgate were Republican fabrications. I am sure there is a desire for serious discussion, but the hyperbole used in this article distracts from the intent.

nbcrusader said:
And that Whitewater and Travelgate were Republican fabrications.

I would argue that these were Republican fabrications...

...but I digress. Indeed, this thread mostly reeks of conspiracy theory. I would need to see far more evidence from respectable sources before I would entertain this article.

Melon

My my ppl don't get your knickers in a bunch, it's just an article.
I was interested in seeing ppls immediate reaction to it and whether or not they would go do more research on their own, and as I can see...
People want it removed because they don't like it, and so far no one wants to independantly go out and seek what is being used to back this guys writings.

Such fear at the wording used
"fasist" ooohhhh spooky

Sparkysgrrrl said:
and so far no one wants to independantly go out and seek what is being used to back this guys writings.

I took a look at that site...it seems that this article and others on the site are based on conspiracy theories and speculations on the part of the authors.

I'm sure if you went to another site with Republican Conspiracy theorists you would probably find that Democratic presidents would have been behind the Kennedy Assaination, Bin Ladin, Hussien, etc....

It's all just people taking bits of truth and twisting it to their own means.

Sparkysgrrrl said:
I was interested in seeing ppls immediate reaction to it and whether or not they would go do more research on their own, and as I can see...
People want it removed because they don't like it, and so far no one wants to independantly go out and seek what is being used to back this guys writings.

"fasist" ooohhhh spooky

I need my fingers and toes to count the number of books I have read on many of these topics. The problem is the person writing this while using "facts" is twisting them to prove a point that is absolutely 100% wrong.

There is already a thread on conspiracy theories....and....this belonged there.

Sparkysgrrrl said:
if it belongs there then one of the mods can move it, since I have no control over that, here it sits.

I think the point being made is not really the ?best location? for this thread, but the questionable credibility of the article and the imaginative, irresponsible statements it contains.

If you think America is on the verge of an outright dictatorship, what are your reasons for such a belief?

Sparkysgrrrl said:

Let's look at the claim that Jeb Bush ordered 50,000 innocent blacks to be labeled as felons and thus eliminated from the rosters of eligible voters for the 2000 election.

First, this claim isn't even copied correctly from its sources. The claim is that 50,000 people were convicted of felonies in other states, later moved to Florida, and were incorrectly stricken from the rosters. (Felons who were convicted in other states and had their voting rights restored in those states are eligible to vote in Florida, as long as they haven't committed felonies in Florida.)

If you want to do the math, 50,000 represents about one in 253 residents of Florida of voting age, so this figure does seem a bit excessive to me.

Anyway, only a total of 20,000 names ended up being put on the purge lists. Some county voting supervisors, upon finding wholesale errors on the lists of convicted felons, threw them out altogether, leading the Miami Herald (sorry, I don't have a reference here) and the Palm Beach Post (I do have a reference, but the URL won't print correctly--really!) to argue that the bigger problem was that convicted felons were being allowed to vote, as in 1998 when a Miami mayoral election was overturned because votes were cast in the names of convicted felons and dead people. (This episode led to the aggressive voter-purge movement the next year.)

Both the Herald and the Post have printed stories that describe evidence on both sides of the argument---it's fair to say that the Florida election of 2000 was a mess. Of course there is much independent evidence to show that Florida is one of the stupidest states in the union. But the allegation that Jeb Bush ordered 50,000 innocent blacks to be disenfranchised is an outright lie, and it paints him as a racist crook. That's the pattern that these cranks follow--take a controversial statistic or piece of evidence, and keep fudging it until you get something that's completely shocking.

"fasist" ooohhhh spooky

I'll bet that that guy can't tell me what fascist means. "A label that is applied to a government I don't like that I wish to portray in a manner so as to provoke visceral reactions of outrage from my readers" is not a correct answer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom