HIV Myth?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hitman

Acrobat
I've been doing a lot of reading lately about people who deny the fact that HIV causes AIDS. Some of these people go as far to say that HIV and/or AIDS does not exist. A famous scientist Dr. Duesberg from Stanford, I believe is at the forefront of this movement. Also, Gary Null, A very respected nutritionist in the US has supported this claim, and urges his readers and listeners not to get HIV tests because he feels there is no real HIV disease and that it is the HIV drugs that are killing people and not the so-called AIDS. This movement is really starting to pick up steam. Has anyone else heard about this, and is so, what are your opinions?? Pretty crazy stuff, I believe, if it ever turned out to be true...

There are always fanatics, and this is one of them. Tell this to those who know someone who died of AIDS who didn't take the drugs, and also tell this to those who are surviving longer due to the drugs, who were faltering without them.

Melon

------------------
?Confused by thoughts, we experience duality in life. Unencumbered by ideas, the enlightened see the one reality.? - Hui-neng (638-713)

Where did you read this, Hitman ?

------------------
I can`t change the world but i can
change the world in me.

Read you, Rono.

Don't believe everything you read, I agree. But that also may apply to everything you have ever read about the disease...I don't pretend to have any idea what the truth is, but this is another interesting link....
http://www.garynull.com/Documents/aids.htm

personally, I think there may be some truth to this argument....

Hey, Hitman; totally off the subject, which I would not touch with a ten foot pole (no pun intended): how is teacher prep going? I ask this because today (the day before the kids come) was particularly stressful and full of crap.

------------------
...a highway with no one on it, a treasure just to look upon it...

"The skeletal structure of your foot is not normal." -- my podiatrist 8-6-01

Originally posted by martha:
Hey, Hitman; totally off the subject, which I would not touch with a ten foot pole (no pun intended): how is teacher prep going? I ask this because today (the day before the kids come) was particularly stressful and full of crap.

How nice of you to ask!! Today was actually my first day of observing. I am in a fourth grade class, an awesome bunch. I think I am going to really love it, though it is such an amazing departure from what I was doing for a career (Public Relations...) Going from the business world into a classroom is kind of like a culture shock, but I think once I begin to find my way, I will realize that it is truly where I belong. (At least I hope so!) Can definitely see how these opening days would be stressful and full of crap, though. I was exhausted at the end of the day and all I was doing was observing!!

Originally posted by Hitman:
Don't believe everything you read, I agree. But that also may apply to everything you have ever read about the disease...I don't pretend to have any idea what the truth is, but this is another interesting link....
http://www.garynull.com/Documents/aids.htm

personally, I think there may be some truth to this argument....
This was very interesting but nothing I haven't heard before.
This article you point to is talking about the suspected origins of HIV/AIDS. It doesn't question their existance. The article states that there are various retroviruses that cause Human Immunodeficiency.

The terms HIV has always been used as a general term to describe an UNKNOWN virus that scientists are still working to found out how it came to be and how to stop it. And we know a lot about HIVs. And the article is for doctors and not the average layman. Since I took college I'm able to follow the line of reasoning without being knocked over by the lingo. And the lingo is simply very general when referring to HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) and AIDS (Autoimmune Deficiency Syndrome which is different from a virus cuz it's the visual symptoms of a virus). Obviously they're two sides of the same coin...and I can see how doctors in research can assume that there is just one virus doing all the dammage.

But it has been brought to the general publics attention that viruses mutate and change over time. This change can be partly attributed to the drugs given patients. Just like it has been proven that the flu has mutated several thousand times because of the antibiotics being overly prescribed to people and the people not finishing out the prescriptions. Herpes has so many forms it has to be numbered and is also sexually transmitted.

Every fall a lot of people all over the world experience the flu and doctors don't know which virus caused it cause there happens to be millions of different species of virus!!! The point doctors should be focusing on is not whether something exists but how to fight it!!!

Oh and btw...I know I'm never getting this particular any line of HIV that causes AIDS because:

A> I don't have promiscuous sex

B> I don't take blood transfusions

C> I don't come in contact with human bodily fluids in my line of work.

D> I don't share needles with people

E> I don't work with monkeys or animals that harbor weird viruses...(eyes her kitty cat suspiciously)

Thanks for the interesting article, Hitman.

Back
Top Bottom