HIV is cured by Methylation - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 11-21-2006, 10:08 PM   #16
Babyface

Local Time: 02:39 PM
Maybe if someone linked the physorg forum blurb I wrote you may understand what I'm trying to say.

HIV is cured by Methylation

Comes up in the google
Sorry to bring you this news.

Old 11-21-2006, 10:11 PM   #17
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 11:39 PM
Has there been any documented evidence published in a scientific journal supporting your claims that HIV is cured by methylation?

Old 11-21-2006, 11:19 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Deva Station

HIV is cured by Methylation

Comes up in the google
Sorry to bring you this news.
Are you serious?

You know what else comes up on Google? Bono is God AND the Antichrist, the Holocaust never happened, my mom was abducted by aliens, the Pentagon was never hit by an airplane, and I can telepathically communicate with my kitten if I really feel like it.

Sorry I don't use Google or Internet forums for any form of credible research.

I did however search several academic research databases like ScienceDirect, GenSciAbs, InfoTrac, LexisNexis, MEDLINE, BioAg, PubMed, etc, etc and got zero results from every database.

So no, I don't really have a clue what you're talking about since I can't find a credible source that explains it.....
Old 11-21-2006, 11:21 PM   #19
Blue Crack Addict

Let us think about this rationally.

If it were that simple, don't you think the pharmaceutical companies would be all over this like stink on shit? And don't you think their greed would be incentive enough?
Old 11-22-2006, 12:36 AM   #20
Babyface

They worked out that AZT is a drug that hypermethylates the Genome but I think at the time they just used it because it looked like it stopped HIV.
So when I say AZT hypermethylates it does too much methylation, that's why it's a drug that originally was used on cancer in the sixties and then banned because after using it they found it caused cancer, nerdsville.

A lot of the data about Methylation stopping retroviruses happened after the Genome project in 2000
Old 11-22-2006, 12:43 AM   #21
Babyface

Oh you are such dedicated fans, I'm looking at thousands of posts from you folk in your profiles, how cool...

There's one reseracher from Columbia University called Timothy Bestor who's the one who wrote a piece called Methylation Therapy back in 1996.
Bestor is still researching for drugs that Methylate, I'm just pointing out the Harold Foster in Africa is using Selenium trials successfully on AIDS patients and Selenium is needed for Methylation.
I email Harry about it, he's interested.
Old 11-22-2006, 02:01 AM   #22
Babyface

When Bono and U2 played Brisbane my friend took a photo from the other side of Mt. Gravatt from the stadium where U2 were playing.
It's a giant glow in the sky that looks like a UFO with a mountain silhouetted beneath.
Cool
Old 11-22-2006, 02:06 AM   #23
ONE
love, blood, life

I really recommend this book for critical thinking

http://www.amazon.com/Demon-Haunted-.../dp/0345409469
Old 11-22-2006, 07:41 AM   #24
The Fly

Local Time: 04:39 AM
But AZT isn't a methylating agent. It doesn't even interact with DNA - it inhibits reverse transcriptase. The drug itself is incorporated into the DNA created by viral proteins, stopping further production of the viruses. Methylation never comes into the picture.
Old 11-22-2006, 08:51 AM   #25
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 10:39 PM
This thread is getting funny...
Old 11-22-2006, 09:48 AM   #26
The Fly

Local Time: 04:39 AM
quality comedy indeed
Old 11-22-2006, 02:23 PM   #27
Blue Crack Addict

I can't believe nobody has said this earlier but...

TROLL ALERT!

Either that or Looneytunes alert.
Old 11-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #28
Babyface

No AZT is a drug that hypermethylates DNA.

Type in the google for "AZT hypermthylation" and you'll see.
(:

Told you so.
Blimin monkey one upping

I have a sense of humour, and I don't mind being a cheeky troll if it makes you think about what's going on.
I know some of the HIV folk involved and at other forums I've been called a nazi, holocaust denier, murderer and everything else because the idea is that if I'm against AIDS drugs then I'm denying life saving medication.
Troll is cool
Old 11-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #29
Babyface

Oh, and the 8% of our own retroviruses also use reverse transcriptase so think what does that do to your body?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:20 PM   #30
Babyface

Our own retroviruses use RT

"Phylogenetic analyses of retroviral elements, including endogenous retroviruses, have relied essentially on the retroviral pol gene expressing the highly conserved reverse transcriptase. This enzyme is essential for the life cycle of all retroid elements"
Identification, Phylogeny, and Evolution of Retroviral Elements Based on Their Envelope Genes

This is how much is in all of you.

"One of the many striking findings to come from the sequencing of the human genome is that some 45% of our DNA is composed of transposable elements such as LINE and Alu retroelements and DNA transposons. Around 8% of the genome is derived from sequences with similarity to infectious retroviruses, which can be easily recognized because all infectious retroviruses contain at least three genes, including gag (encoding structural proteins), pol (viral enzymes), and env (surface envelope proteins), as well as long terminal repeats (LTRs). The existence of human endogenous retroviruses (HERVs) has been known for many years, but their abundance in the genome was not predicted by earlier studies. HERVs represent the remnants of ancestral retroviral infections that became fixed in the germline DNA."
Endogenous retroviruses in the human genome sequence

My point about Methylation....

"Thus, the HIV LTR appears to be susceptible to transcriptional inactivation by methylation, a process that is proposed to play a modulatory role in viral latency."
Methylation as a modulator of expression of human immunodeficiency virus.

And just to show how confusing this can get here is a study that found rabbit retrovirus in us as well.
Go figure?

"Human retrovirus 5 (HRV-5) represented a fragment of a novel retrovirus sequence identified in human RNA and DNA preparations"
"A survey of other species revealed that HRV-5 is present in the genomic DNA of the European rabbit (Oryctolagus cuniculus) and belongs to an endogenous retrovirus family found in rabbits. The presence of rabbit sequences flanking HRV-5 proviruses in human DNA extracts suggested that rabbit DNA was present in our human extracts, and this was confirmed by PCR analysis that revealed the presence of rabbit mitochondrial DNA sequences in four of five human DNA preparations tested. The origin of the rabbit DNA and HRV-5 in human DNA preparations remains unclear, but laboratory contamination cannot explain the preferential detection of HRV-5 in inflammatory diseases and lymphomas reported previously. This is the first description of a retrovirus genome in rabbits, and sequence analysis shows that it is related to but distinct from A-type retroelements of mice and other rodents."
Novel endogenous retrovirus in rabbits previously reported as human retrovirus 5

(: