..... he adopted stray cats from Boston-area shelters -- and then dissected them. - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Free Your Mind > Free Your Mind Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2002, 02:55 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:03 PM
..... he adopted stray cats from Boston-area shelters -- and then dissected them.

Many believe this man may run for President of the U. S. in 2008.

Would you vote for him?

Honestly, I have to admit I could. It would depend on who the other major candidate is. I always vote for one of the two major party candidates.

Old 12-23-2002, 03:17 PM   #2
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 11:03 PM

and the mystery person is....?

Old 12-23-2002, 03:19 PM   #3
War Child

Old 12-23-2002, 04:28 PM   #4
Babyface

Local Time: 06:03 AM
NO WAY!

I think if someone is cruel to an animal then they also have the ability to be cruel to a person. Besides, anyone who could do something to despicable certainly isn't someone I'd want leading my country!

I'd sooner not vote than vote for a person who was cruel to animals.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:36 PM   #5
us3
The Fly

Frist the Cat...killer!

'Fristy' is wealthy, personable and a friend of the president

Los Angeles Times

Published Dec. 21, 2002 FRIS21

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- As he prepares to become the next Senate majority leader, Sen. Bill Frist is on the cusp of another milestone in his second career that some believe may include a run for the White House in 2008.

"Fristy" to his friend President Bush, the heart-and-lung transplant surgeon from Tennessee already had been mentioned as a possible secretary of the new Department of Homeland Security, a future party leader in the Senate, even Bush's running mate in 2004. Not bad for a man who didn't bother to vote until age 34.

Frist, 50, and two years into his second term, is a consensus builder who presents himself as a "compassionate conservative" and for years he has spent portions of his vacations performing free operations all over Africa.

William H. Frist is a fourth-generation Tennessean who learned to fly as a teenager and soloed for the first time at age 16. His father, Thomas Frist Sr., was a cardiologist who in 1968 founded the Hospital Corp. of America, now known as HCA, the nation's largest chain of for-profit hospitals. According to the congressional newspaper Roll Call, Frist, whose personal wealth is about $20 million, is in ninth place among Senate millionaires, just behind Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass.

As a source of wealth, HCA could prove politically nettlesome down the road as Frist comes under increased scrutiny. After a protracted federal investigation, the company pleaded guilty in 2000 to charges of large-scale Medicare fraud and agreed this week to pay more than $880 million in fines and restitution. Frist, who never worked at HCA, was untouched by the investigation.

But his financial disclosure forms indicate that he, his wife and children hold millions of dollars in HCA stock. And during his time in the Senate, he has accepted more than $1.8 million in campaign contributions from health-care and related industries, according to data compiled by campaign finance expert Dwight L. Morris.

Frist has rejected suggestions that because of his investments he recuse himself from health-care legislation. He has argued, instead, that the Senate benefits from his expertise. If he becomes majority leader, however, "he's going to get a level of scrutiny that he's not used to," congressional scholar Norman Ornstein said.

Frist, one of five children, earned his bachelor's degree from Princeton and his medical degree from Harvard. As a student, he adopted stray cats from Boston-area shelters -- and then dissected them. Frist later confessed that it had been "a heinous and dishonest thing to do." After postgraduate training at Stanford University, at Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston, and in the United Kingdom, Frist returned to Tennessee. He taught at Vanderbilt University and founded its transplant center; he performed more than 200 organ transplants.

Frist told an interviewer for the Hospitals & Health Network that he had not voted earlier in life because "I didn't realize how significant the impact of an individual could be." In his bid for political office, Frist upset James R. Sasser, a three-term Democratic incumbent, by a 14-point margin.

His voting record is quite consistently conservative. He is generally opposed to abortion, though he has made exceptions for rape, incest and protecting the life of the woman.
Old 12-23-2002, 04:44 PM   #6
ONE
love, blood, life

Oh-my-goodness. Is anyone else as disgusted as me by this? (And before anyone says it, no it's not because this politician is a Republican, I'd be as disgusted no matter what his party allegiance.) It's just a sick and cruel thing to do.

Ugh.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:13 PM   #7
us3
The Fly

Re: ..... he adopted stray cats from Boston-area shelters -- and then dissected them.

Quote:
Originally posted by deep
Many believe this man may run for President of the U. S. in 2008.

Would you vote for him?

Honestly, I have to admit I could. It would depend on who the other major candidate is. I always vote for one of the two major party candidates.

well if everything goes according to plan, Hillary!

So, you would have a catkiller vs. one who would want to extend health care to cats. Hmmm, which candidate would get the PETA endorsement....
Old 12-23-2002, 05:18 PM   #8
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by us3
'Fristy' is wealthy, personable and a friend of the president

Los Angeles Times

Published Dec. 21, 2002 FRIS21

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- As he prepares to become the next Senate majority leader, Sen. Bill Frist is on the cusp of another milestone in his second career that some believe may include a run for the White House in 2008.

"Fristy" to his friend President Bush, the heart-and-lung transplant surgeon from Tennessee already had been mentioned as a possible secretary of the new Department of Homeland Security, a future party leader in the Senate, even Bush's running mate in 2004. Not bad for a man who didn't bother to vote until age 34.

Did not participate in the Reagan Revolution? Could this be strategy, not to alienate moderates?

Frist, 50, and two years into his second term, is a consensus builder who presents himself as a "compassionate conservative" and for years he has spent portions of his vacations performing free operations all over Africa.

Gets Arun vote here?

According to the congressional newspaper Roll Call, Frist, whose personal wealth is about $20 million, is in ninth place among Senate millionaires, just behind Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass.

Safer to be behind Kennedy than in front of him, esp at supper time.

As a source of wealth, HCA could prove politically nettlesome down the road as Frist comes under increased scrutiny. After a protracted federal investigation, the company pleaded guilty in 2000 to charges of large-scale Medicare fraud and agreed this week to pay more than $880 million in fines and restitution. Frist, who never worked at HCA, was untouched by the investigation.

Has the magic Regan-W teflon working.

But his financial disclosure forms indicate that he, his wife and children hold millions of dollars in HCA stock. And during his time in the Senate, he has accepted more than $1.8 million in campaign contributions from health-care and related industries, according to data compiled by campaign finance expert Dwight L. Morris.

Donít tell McCain.

. As a student, he adopted stray cats from Boston-area shelters -- and then dissected them. Frist later confessed that it had been "a heinous and dishonest thing to do

Well, he lost the PETA and Sicy vote.

Frist told an interviewer for the Hospitals & Health Network that he had not voted earlier in life because "I didn't realize how significant the impact of an individual could be."

Donít give this speech in Florida.

His voting record is quite consistently conservative. He is generally opposed to abortion, though he has made exceptions for rape, incest and protecting the life of the woman.

Could lose votes in the South.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:23 PM   #9
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
According to the congressional newspaper Roll Call, Frist, whose personal wealth is about $20 million, is in ninth place among Senate millionaires, just behind Sen. Edward Kennedy, D-Mass.
Did I read that right? He has about $20m and he's only the NINTH wealthiest Senator? Just how many millionnaires do you have in the Senate? And do people have any opinions on whether a person with a personal fortune of several millions can adequately understand the concerns of a person who struggles just to pay the bills each month?
Old 12-23-2002, 05:28 PM   #10
ONE
love, blood, life

I thought it could be Frist, being that he was involved w medicine and noting the author of the thread

Old 12-23-2002, 05:38 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by diamond
I thought it could be Frist, being that he was involved w medicine and noting the author of the thread

Thank you, for crediting my open-mindedness.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:46 PM   #12
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by deep

Thank you, for crediting my open-mindedness.
Predictability.
Old 12-23-2002, 05:50 PM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Would you vote for him?
Old 12-23-2002, 06:01 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Normal

i wouldnt start a thread about his past indiscretions..
and plez dont tell the Mods i called u predictable, ok?

thanks-

merry christmas-
dave

Old 12-23-2002, 06:20 PM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Well,

Would you call us3 predictable or unpredictable, if I told you he called my attention to this, and was going to post it?

You may have noticed he posted the article, well no matter.

Sorry you can't make it to Brenda's house. Everybody sent your girls' presents there. We will send them on to Phoenix. I can not guarantee your home made Non Christmas cookies will make it.

Merry Festivus

Again, Would you vote for this guy?